Men vs UGA Game Thread

Maverick.AU

This is what I was saying. Green played a much better overall game. We were spreading the ball around. We are unstoppable if we play like that. And we weren't even consistent. 

I'm trying to tell you there's almost no limit to how good we can be if our guard play share the ball better

• Like 4

They became more focused on having fun and playing to the crowd, for every 2 failed plays they made once in a lifetime highlight plays. Made it into a big party. Hopefully the steals, blocks, depth, and defense that allowed for all the offensive silliness will still be there to create enough looks for a more serious win. They needed this break imo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

They became more focused on having fun and playing to the crowd, for every 2 failed plays they made once in a lifetime highlight plays. Made it into a big party. Hopefully the steals, blocks, depth, and defense that allowed for all the offensive silliness will still be there to create enough looks for a more serious win. They needed this break imo.

I can dig that!

6 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I am all for having fun just don’t lose focus. Should have been an easy 30 plus win with the backups getting some run. Oh well, bring on the wildcats

44 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Better not get lazy. Can't play like we did in the second half and expect to win on Saturday.

Don’t think Pearl would let that happen. We got careless tonight because we knew the competition. We’ve had problems playing down to our opponents in the past, but I think this team is different. 

• Like 2

Was not able to see much or read the thread, so hopefully this is not something that has already been explained; but at the post game presser Pearl was asked about Georgia specifically trying to rough up Jabari. He responded he was not a fan of teams who try to take out the best player. The next reporter pressed and he said he would not say more bc he did not want to get himself in trouble. Was this obvious? I felt like in the presser he was very peeved about it.

13 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Was not able to see much or read the thread, so hopefully this is not something that has already been explained; but at the post game presser Pearl was asked about Georgia specifically trying to rough up Jabari. He responded he was not a fan of teams who try to take out the best player. The next reporter pressed and he said he would not say more bc he did not want to get himself in trouble. Was this obvious? I felt like in the presser he was very peeved about it.

On the radio broadcast post game he said some teams try to be physical with Jabari and there was no place for it in basketball. The comment seemed odd to me but in this context it makes perfect sense. Great forearm shot from Jabari BTW. 

And to the uga bulldogs:

OEm6oVH.gif emma-roberts-you-can-all-suck-it.gif 

4086974-3711379465-tumbl.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, e808 said:

My only issues are the shot selection and stay focused for the entire game. To many long stretches in which they collapse or get sloppy

Which is why I can’t watch them play lol. 3 on 1 break , 3 point shot. Ugh

• Like 1

I was at the game so we didnt get a replay, but I can't believe the officials did absolutely nothing about #23 walking from base line to top of the key just to get in Jabari's face at the very beginning of the game. From what I've heard (I'll watch the replay in my lunch break) the guy tried to bully ball Jabari and got stone walled underneath. Nothing dirty or malicious. But as an official you CANNOT let that confrontation happen and nothing come of it. That wasn't a spur of the moment altercation. Dude had half a minute to think it out and still took the walk. 

On the other side of it, good on Jabari for not backing down! Dude got in Jabari's face and Jabari was about it. Also, good on the rest of the team stepping in.

8 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Without knowing s about f (shout out Ruth and Ozark fans), I would venture a guess that Bruce is proactively managing the media and the officials. Maybe he's planting a seed. May or may not take root but it's in the ground. "Pay careful attention to opponents going after my guy." 

Listen for it on future broadcasts. Could become a small storyline and more attention might be drawn to fouls on Smith. 

Or maybe he really was just pissed, lol. 

• Like 1

As an old guy who has watched some really s***ty AU basketball over the years, nitpicking a 20+ point conference win (even against a really s***ty team) is really fun.  We have now all turned into Nick Satan.  

Separately, if we could turn Kessler's mean from a 5 to a 8, and Jabari's aggression from a 6 to 9, we win it all.  Hell, we might win it all anyway.  The tournament is a cruel bitch though as we all experienced in the final 4.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Which is why I can’t watch them play lol. 3 on 1 break , 3 point shot. Ugh

I blame the Golden State Warrior for this lol. 3s are dandy when they go in but basketball wise it’s still a bad s*** whether u make it or not. The numbers show a dunk or layup is a much higher percentage shot than a three. I just hope it doesn’t bite them in the butt when they really need to buckle down.

• Haha 1

Lot of individual play tonight.  Feel like when we get up big, they start to kind of play their own game.  Just me?