Coach Derek Mason out?

Tony4AU

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The DL might be the straw that broke the camel's back but it makes no sense a coach would be so appalled by a HC's defensive line coach search that he would up and leave. Much more at play than that. 

I never said appalled. Could be much more in play surrounding the DL coach. It just makes sense that it could be something to do with who Harsin wants at DL and possibly his responsibilities. 
I’m not claiming that this is what is going on but it makes sense 

47 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

I have seen Brian Mason hired as STC not DC so far

Now they changed the post to say Brian Mason for ST. Lol. What a typo that must’ve been 

• Haha 1

Man …you take 24 hours off and you come back to find this. 

Terrible news. What are you doing Harsin… in one year we lose the OC, DC, WR coach, and DL coach. 
…after this season, the lack of OL recruiting, and the massive turnover of coaches, it looks foreboding. We need some positive football news. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Seems like a good time to bring this up...anybody know anything about it?

image.png

Smoke gonna have his IG account suspended for half the day tomorrow.

I like Mason, and I thought he did an admirable job outside of the meltdown against Mississippi State. That said, we need full buy-in from the staff. I don't know what the disagreement is between Harsin and Mason but in a year Mason has gone from praising Harsin to MIA after bowl season looking for a new job? Seems sus.

Personally I'm gonna give the guy with the most experience running a successful program the benefit of the doubt. I get that Mason was at Vandy (and the challenges that come with that) but so was James Franklin... 

• Like 1

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Just checking in for a few while I stay with a relative after his surgery. Is Coach Mason officially gone? Where?

No, but the tea leaves say he's one for or of the door.

17 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Reason to be concerned.  He hasn’t been seen much since before the bowl game.

Concerned? I like DM, but two words: “Mississippi State.”  Auburn won’t fall off the map without him.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

to MIA after bowl season looking for a new job? Seems sus.

Who reported this part?  Who would know whether or not Mason has been in the complex working/recruiting or not after the bowl game?

Edit:  Never mind, I now see RunInRed's post above. 

It's still weird that "he hasn't been seen much since before the bowl game".  What the hell kind of place does Harsin run where his coordinators don't show up for work for over a month?  

Edited by JerryAU

I think I need to turn off auburn football until we get closer to A day.

This is like a crazy train (insert the Ozzy meme here)  with all the open portal/ free agency stuff, NIL & bidding for players, coaches going to other programs to coach the same position or level and us have a fine class, but can't land a WR or OL from the portal.  Oh and damn't thUGA freaking won...."there is no joy in Mudville" for me, right now

Is there a tab on this site for equestrian?  I know I saw one for baseball. And yes, I know there is one for basketball.  

21 minutes ago, wcware said:

Smoke gonna have his IG account suspended for half the day tomorrow.

If this is true. It seems a pattern is starting to develop. I don’t recall players in the past acting this way. Again adapting to ur surroundings is one thing that sometimes get over looked

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

If that's true regarding the quote above your post--- holy smokes (pun intended) that's Terrible news

The war rapport guys were saying Kobe had a post-dismissal IG live that several current players appeared on. He didn't go into detail but said it "wasn't a good look".

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The war rapport guys were saying Kobe had a post-dismissal IG live that several current players appeared on. He didn't go into detail but said it "wasn't a good look".

he said "it wasn't a good look for kobe or any of the current players in the video" just to clarify.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

God I'd love to have seen that -- this is getting wild. 

"wasn't a good luck for Kobe or any of the current players in the video" is the full quote.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

"wasn't a good luck for Kobe or any of the current players in the video" is the full quote.

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Yeah the said him and the current players on the team that were in that live. The question is why some of these departures getting so messy. It seems there is a lack of communication some where.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That’s a huge clarification. Thx

Just fyi, the WarRapport guys have been VERY HIGH on Harsin and what he is trying to do at Auburn.  One of the reasons, I have continued to be optimistic.  They have inside connections but are not insiders so they don't ever break stories or speak to rumors

• Like 3

Harsin is clearly planting his flag and making his stand. He’s increasingly surrounding himself with ‘his guys’. Swim or drown, he’s going to do it his way with his people. It’s his job on the line so it’s his call. Time to grab some popcorn 🍿 and enjoy the show. 

• Like 3