Coach Derek Mason out?

Tony4AU

1 hour ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

Auburn fired Gus for giving us 8 wins!

Also known as consistently giving us 5 losses. 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

By saying we will have new coach by 2024 and he won’t win 8 games next year doesn’t make you objective. Your little spin game won’t work here. All that means is that I was 32 days late in noticing that. What objective data do you have to prove such a declaration. Other than your subjective (look it up) opinion? 

My objective is I want a rock star HC. THAT'S what it takes to win championships in today's CFB. As I have stated NUMEROUS times, he isn't even the most well-known coach on his own staff.

Your accusation was WRONG. Didn't do your homework prior to accusing me of not being objective. Do better next time. You're better than that.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

My objective is I want a rock star HC. THAT'S what it takes to win championships in today's CFB. As I have stated NUMEROUS times, he isn't even the most well-known coach on his own staff.

Your accusation was WRONG. Didn't do your homework prior to accusing me of not being objective. Do better next time. You're better than that.

So you don’t have anything lol. What a Clown. So gene chizik is a rock star head coach mr. objective ? What about Ed O?

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

If that was the case places like USC, Miami , Texas, LSU etc would have continuous SUSTAINED success. Alabama has sustained success for a reason. Stars important but he created a blue print  (culture) which keeps the players playing at a high level.

I think the culture he uses is strict competition. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

By saying we will have new coach by 2024 and he won’t win 8 games next year doesn’t make you objective. Your little spin game won’t work here. All that means is that I was 32 days late in noticing that. What objective data do you have to prove such a declaration. Other than your subjective (look it up) opinion? 

By that measure there is a ton of posters here that fit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think the culture he uses is strict competition. 

Yes he is good with that 

Just now, DAG said:

So you don’t have anything lol. What a Clown. 

You know you've lost the war when you resort to name-calling. Didn't @TitanTigermake it crystal clear in a pinned post warning posters of this? I really thought you were better than this.

Just now, Viper said:

You know you've lost the war when you resort to name-calling. Didn't @TitanTigermake it crystal clear in a pinned post warning posters of this? I really thought you were better than this.

Why are you running now? Is coach O a rockstar head coach ? Now you want to call titan over haha. Mr. Objective , tell us a name since CBH is going to get fired in 2024. Tell us Auburn fans who we should hire

• Haha 1

Yeah. Lot of comments from around the community like, "not sure if he's 'our kind of person'," and "he may not 'fit in'." Well, with a stellar reputation of maintaining a mediocre JABA status quo, maybe some self-awareness is overdue. The best plan is just churn coaching hires till we come up with 'one of our kind' so egos will be fulfilled and championships will be perpetually in our bright future. What a family.

BossHogg_radio.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I love people who want change but never have an actual solution. No wonder why we don't get paid to run a program.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

As I have stated NUMEROUS times, he isn't even the most well-known coach on his own staff.

Who on our staff is more well known than Harsin?

Nationally, outside of the little world of Auburn, I doubt anyone knows who our position coaches/coordinators are

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Who on our staff is more well known than Harsin?

Nationally, outside of the little world of Auburn, I doubt anyone knows who our position coaches/coordinators are

Carnell Williams.

Derek Mason (prior to leaving)

Hell, even Mike Bobo was.

There are only a handful of sure thing, “rock star” coaches and most aren’t leaving their current spot. Unfortunately, that’s why it’s about a 50/50 shot when you hire a new coach. 

However this turns out, Harsin’s resume looked good. A coach who has dominated in a lesser conference is not a bad pick. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

There are only a handful of sure thing, “rock star” coaches and most aren’t leaving their current spot. Unfortunately, that’s why it’s about a 50/50 shot when you hire a new coach. 

However this turns out, Harsin’s resume looked good. A coach who has dominated in a lesser conference is not a bad pick. 

I would say two in the current college rankings. A third just got fired by Jacksonville. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Football requires discipline, and toughness. Smart and Saban have high standards of on field execution, discipline, and personal accountability. Those first round kids still have to be coached and developed. What makes them great is not only how they recruit but how they coach and develop the talent they bring in. 

Sure but the problem we currently face is getting talent into the program to be developed. Part of the reason Saban and Smart instantly got recruits was they had a prior proven track record of NFL draft prowess. Harsin doesn't have that yet. So we are not on schedule with where they were when they went to their schools.

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You're using the same profile pic for both aliases?  I may be a dumbass, but....

Still waiting for your explanation. Or just admit you were wrong.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Sure but the problem we currently face is getting talent into the program to be developed. Part of the reason Saban and Smart instantly got recruits was they had a prior proven track record of NFL draft prowess. Harsin doesn't have that yet. So we are not on schedule with where they were when they went to their schools.

Bingo. Harsin never had it. The only reason he'll have more now than at Boise is because of Auburn, not because of him.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would say two in the current college rankings. A third just got fired by Jacksonville. 

Yeah that’s about it. 

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don't think the pick was bad either on paper. And still might be amazing. But if he fails I wonder if a bunch of red flags were ignored by ADAG.

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

Carnell Williams.

Derek Mason (prior to leaving)

Hell, even Mike Bobo was.

Maybe Carnell is a push at best.

The other two aren't on staff anymore. HTH.

You ask 100 ppl who our RB coach is and who our HC is. The HC will be known by a wide margin 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

Derek mason was known but for what? He was successful at Stanford as a defensive coordinator but after that, not so much. Pelini was thought to be a Rock Star in the same way and for the same reasons as Mason.  Did not work out at LSU. I don’t know enough to say Mason should have stuck around or not. I was at the Miss State game and I wanted him gone that day🤣.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Maybe Carnell is a push at best.

The other two aren't on staff anymore. HTH.

You ask 100 ppl who our RB coach is and who our HC is. The HC will be known by a wide margin 

Prior to 12/22/20, ask 100 SEC fans who Harsin and Cadillac are. The overwhelming response would have been...who the hell is Harsin?

Edited by Viper