Coach Derek Mason out?

Tony4AU

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's a hole in the wall mom and pop place, not a chain

Or up it to a steak at George's! Play golf with some friends from Memphis at RTG Shoals and we make a point to eat there.

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Just maybe, maybe these guyd from Boise can coach some football…..let see how things look with his coordinators in place vs ones he probably never felt comfortable with from the start. 

Agreed

3 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Or up it to a steak at George's! Play golf with some friends from Memphis at RTG Shoals and we make a point to eat there.

U must like to eat high on the hog

10 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I know some don't like him and i only follow his twitter but JBoy has eluded to the same regarding Schmedding having a hand in the defense for the IB. Stating it was a team effort. 

I don't like this for any reason other than i want us to have stability. I'm trying to reserve my thoughts and be positive but it's looking very shaky. On the other hand, i wasn't impressed many times with Mason lack of aggression considering the playmakers we had on defense.

The IB really showed how dominate we can be if we were aggressive. He went soft of the last drive for Bama to tie it when we were aggressive all game. If Schmedding gives us the type of defense we saw in the IB...i'm with it. But we really need to get guys who want to be here more than a year or two.

Saw that Jboy had apparently said that right after the IB on another board today as well. The good news is that you'll probably get your wish for stability. Jeff will probably stick with Harsin until they get fired or if he gets a HC job

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I’ve heard a lot of rumors about this from different places…maybe it all traces back to one internet “insider”, maybe not.  There’s often a kernel of truth in these things.  It could be as simple as Harsin telling Mason that Schmedding has some new ideas for bama that he wants him to implement…maybe Mason disagrees or he gets offended, who knows.  But that’s how this scenario could’ve  played out…and then internet rumor blows it out of proportion.

EVERYONE RELAX..... JBOY just said no one should panic over Mason leaving

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hard to say, I know I wouldn't commit myself to any 2024 prediction with so much unknown and anyone that says they know for sure Harsin will be gone by 2024 is full of it.  Not that you are saying that in this quote.

I mean, of course.  No one knows the future.

I don't see 2022 being a great year.  Maybe Calzada is amazing and getting "his" staff together is what is needed.  Maybe all the guys we're processing are really just bad players.  Ever team in the west seems to be getting a lot better.  Another 6-6 season and 23 becomes a make or break year.  A year where we replace like 11 5th/6th year Sr OL.

A lot can happen, but the future is scary right now.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Awesome. If some adult named JBoy says Not to panic I can rest easy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Just now, W.E.D said:

I don't see 2022 being a great year.  Maybe Calzada is amazing and getting "his" staff together is what is needed.  Maybe all the guys we're processing are really just bad players.  Ever team in the west seems to be getting a lot better.  Another 6-6 season and 23 becomes a make or break year.  A year where we replace like 11 5th/6th year Sr OL.

The future is always scary especially when you are an Auburn Football fan🤣

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah….it was scary during the second half of 2020 and has barely let up. Lol 

• Like 1

Just now, CR said:

Awesome. If some adult named JBoy says Not to panic I can rest easy.

he's like half an adult...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U must like to eat high on the hog

Not really but older style restaurants versus chain are a reward not a common event.  Used to go to Dales before they closed. This is close to a thread hijack👈

So the way this thing is being spun seems to me like  Harsin was promoting Schmedding to DC regardless or asking him to be more involved in the defense. Maybe they butted heads because of that and Mason is moving on and Harsin is not sad to see him go. Idk. That’s just me typing thoughts. This sucks either way. Also other boards are saying Zac would go too. 

• Like 1

So Mason doesn't even have a job yet and we're essentially moving on with out him.

Where are the wolf comments???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

So the way this thing is being spun seems to me like  Harsin was promoting Schmedding to DC regardless or asking him to be more involved in the defense. Maybe they butted heads because of that and Mason is moving on and Harsin is not sad to see him go. Idk. That’s just me typing thoughts. This sucks either way. Also other boards are saying Zac would go too. 

I might be more upset losing Zac than Mason if true. I think he’s had a hand in a lot of the late success in recruiting 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Lol he's doubling down on it too. Saying Schmedding did a great job in the iron bowl and that it was a "group effort"

5 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Not really but older style restaurants versus chain are a reward not a common event.  Used to go to Dales before they closed. This is close to a thread hijack👈

Diamond Jim's out in Livingston has one of the best country style charcoal grilled steaks in the state, IMO.

Strange times in College Football and Auburn with the Covid-Portal and NIA. Coaching and player carousel. I just want some consistency and stability.  On a high point those Auburn Tigers Basketball Team and Coach Pearl are a fun thing to watch. Makes me feel better!  War Eagle Forever!

• Like 2

I was not happy with the defense in many games. Not blaming loses but just not happy. Then the iron bowl! Texas AnM too but the iron bowl was an all out game changing or opinion changer about Mason. And of course he’s a good recruiter...but if Harsin gave more authority to another coach and that game plan is what resulted in the iron bowl.... bye DM

4 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I might be more upset losing Zac than Mason if true. I think he’s had a hand in a lot of the late success in recruiting 

I’ll absolutely be more upset about Zac. I just want to bleeding to stop. If these were the moves that were going to be made Harsin should have made them in the beginning. I have no problem with him bringing in whoever. Just wish he’d done it when he got here so we could have two years with the same staff. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I’ll absolutely be more upset about Zac. I just want to bleeding to stop. If these were the moves that were going to be made Harsin should have made them in the beginning. I have no problem with him bringing in whoever. Just wish he’d done it when he got here so we could have two years with the same staff. 

Completely agree

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

💯 

51 minutes ago, fredst said:

This was stated before the season somewhere by insiders re: Harsin attitude and approach. It would either be a great success or a roaring flameout pretty quickly (3 years), but no middle ground. I have tried to be an optimist primarily because I thought Gus was a terrible hire from day one and was way past ready for a change. I will say that the way things are trending (player retention, recruiting HS and portal, coaching staff turnover, end of season losing streak- really every outwardly visible aspect of the football program) has me thinking that the flameout result is highly likely. I *really* hope that I’m wrong but any inclination I had toward optimism is gone.

I hear ya on all that. And I totally agree on your timeline.

I’m not panicking yet. I think the current state of CFB is so much different than even three years ago, I’m having a hard time measuring a lot of the perceived negatives. 

6 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Country style for being in Livingston or educate me?

I dunno its a country style cooking restaurant? They serve country staples.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Ah, Dale’s.  Took my Senior Prom Date there the first time I ever ate there.

• Like 1
  • Love 1