Coach Derek Mason out?

Tony4AU

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I encourage all who have access to the Eagles Nest on the donor side to read what WDE is saying is going on.  If you aren't, all I will say is I am beginning to not be a fan of Harsin anymore.

What is the Eagles Nest? 

8 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I think most folks wanted him to stop playing the soft zone in the secondary. Not gone.

Nope most wanted him gone, go back and look at the game threads. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

What is the Eagles Nest? 

It's a forum on this site designed for donors Gold level and above.  Get a little more inside Intel over there. 

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

For me its the overall bad look of losing both coordinators in year 1 of a new coaching staff. I think its important to have stability in a staff to build relationships with recruits. If we had an amazing season and these guys were getting promotions then that is fine. But we had a bad season and people are getting fired and forced out. To me it looks like Harsin really screwed up hiring his first staff. Its not a death sentence but its certainly not a good first step. 

According to WDE it's not looking good at all. 

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

It's a forum on this site designed for donors Gold level and above.  Get a little more inside Intel over there. 

Oh wow I didn’t even realize this was a thing, I’ve been gone for a bit 😂

Definitely up for a donation, I’ve been around since the old Auburn Eagle days 😂

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I’m excited to see what defense looks like in 2022. I heartily believe we had a good enough defensive players in 2021 to win a couple more games. Miss state and Bama comes to mind.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gravejd said:

For me its the overall bad look of losing both coordinators in year 1 of a new coaching staff. I think its important to have stability in a staff to build relationships with recruits. If we had an amazing season and these guys were getting promotions then that is fine. But we had a bad season and people are getting fired and forced out. To me it looks like Harsin really screwed up hiring his first staff. Its not a death sentence but its certainly not a good first step. 

It’s a mixed bag really. I do feel as though Harsin was pushed to hire Bobo & Mason, but then hired position coaches that fit Harsin more than the coordinators. So I think turnover was/should have been expected. 

However, the timing of Mason and Eason and the people being hired to replace them leaves something to be desired. 

• Like 1

My understanding is that Mason is NOT leaving, and he has flatly denied the rumors.    I was not high on his performance this year, particularly the Mississippi State game, but I am 100% convinced he is different than many coaches and would not be dishonest about "looking around."   

7 minutes ago, Taco said:

It’s a mixed bag really. I do feel as though Harsin was pushed to hire Bobo & Mason, but then hired position coaches that fit Harsin more than the coordinators. So I think turnover was/should have been expected. 

However, the timing of Mason and Eason and the people being hired to replace them leaves something to be desired. 

Eason chose to “go home” .. it happens.

True that Mason didn’t move his family to Auburn?  If so, wasn’t planning on being here long anyway and we only mostly speculate (it’s the internet) on why/when he leaves.

23 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Definitely up for a donation, I’ve been around since the old Auburn Eagle days 😂

Same here.  Check out the donor thread on football forum if you want to donate.  It gives instructions. @RunInRed

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

My understanding is that Mason is NOT leaving, and he has flatly denied the rumors.    I was not high on his performance this year, particularly the Mississippi State game, but I am 100% convinced he is different than many coaches and would not be dishonest about "looking around."   

If Mason does indeed stay....I will never put a single ounce of stock into ANYTHING ever reported on an AU site or by an AU beat-writer again....EVER. 

Of course, we would get the same crap as we normally get about how "things can change", but this one is beyond that to me.

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Flatly denied?  Really?  Where? 

Not one article I have seen has said anything about Mason denying anything….quite the opposite in fact. 

27 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Thanks for the donation, @AEAugirl!!!! And Welcome to Gold Donor status!

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

If Mason does indeed stay....I will never put a single ounce of stock into ANYTHING ever reported on an AU site or by an AU beat-writer again....EVER. 

Of course, we would get the same crap as we normally get about how "things can change", but this one is beyond that to me.

Not just beat writers. Some prominent posters on here as well. It seems like their is some in fighting going on behind the scenes based on all of this misinformation, redirection, etc. 

11 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

?

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

?

Thanks for this..now let's get to work. A lot of people will question. Most will cheer with some reserve. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Thanks for this..now let's get to work. A lot of people will question. Most will cheer with some reserve. 

Can we get back to arguing about things in the recruiting forum now? Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Why is it that most of this board is unhappy with Mason leaving when most of the board wanted him gone during the season? Honest question not trying to argue. 

My thought is that people are seeing yet another position coach leave in the 1st season (Bobo deserved to be fired, btw).  

However, if our Defense improves next year no one will care about this, me included.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Jarquez Hunter posting screenshots of some of the beat guys posts about this...hmmm.

Screenshot 2022-01-21 9.06.09 AM.png

That’s just some random account. Not Jarquez

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1