Coach Derek Mason out?

Tony4AU

4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

That’s just some random account. Not Jarquez

Does that mean someone is trying to make it seem like a player posted this or the player chose a random account to post?

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Would like to believe all of that, but actions are speaking louder.  When several of your star players dump on you on an IG Story (or was it multiple IG stories now), talented/hardworking players are leaving the portal at a rapid pace, coaches are leaving or being replaced at an equally fast pace, when you lose 5 in a row to close out a promising season, and when you still can't recruit OL 13 months in...good gosh...maybe your approach is the problem.  There are many ways to accomplish a rebuild and a culture change that don't involve burning the building down to its foundation...maybe that requires someone more savvy who understands that a patient fanbase does not exist in the SEC.

His enemies really don't have to lift a finger as he's either creating the turmoil or mismanaging the narrative horribly.

Can u elaborate on who was doing the IG story. Which Players? I've heard bits and pieces and tried to find the scoop

Im not informed enough to know what's going on in the program but I see people worried about coaches and high schools not knowing who's coming in the front door but I find that short cited, you know who's coming through the door? Its AUBURN! That's right, whoever is carrying out flag its the flag that matters and what gets them in the door. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Can u elaborate on who was doing the IG story. Which Players? I've heard bits and pieces and tried to find the scoop

DM sent

3 minutes ago, TheDanoC said:

Im not informed enough to know what's going on in the program but I see people worried about coaches and high schools not knowing who's coming in the front door but I find that short cited, you know who's coming through the door? Its AUBURN! That's right, whoever is carrying out flag its the flag that matters and what gets them in the door. 

image.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Does that mean someone is trying to make it seem like a player posted this or the player chose a random account to post?

Basically like a parody account, they just picked Jarquez

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

For me its the overall bad look of losing both coordinators in year 1 of a new coaching staff. I think its important to have stability in a staff to build relationships with recruits. If we had an amazing season and these guys were getting promotions then that is fine. But we had a bad season and people are getting fired and forced out. To me it looks like Harsin really screwed up hiring his first staff. Its not a death sentence but its certainly not a good first step. 

It's a bad look. Then combine it with a bow loass and overall losing record. Harsin might make it two more years at best if he can't get it together.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Just sitting here waiting for others to come around to what I’ve been posting for months now…

i trust you biscuit but i am the board crazy. lol

My question still remains. Was this more like Mason was moved along rather than him opting to leave or just a mutual parting of ways? There’s been no report that Mason took another job or was fired. Just start up that schmedding was moved to DC. 

Lots of folks are all about Harsin getting “his guys”, so let’s just roll with it. When an appropriate time has passed we will either be winning or looking for a new HC. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Lots of folks are all about Harsin getting “his guys”, so let’s just roll with it. When an appropriate time has passed we will either be winning or looking for a new HC. 

I agree with this. I wish this was done from the beginning. That’s my only gripe. It’ll either work or it won’t. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I agree with this. I wish this was done from the beginning. That’s my only gripe. It’ll either work or it won’t. 

Instead, we got death by a 1000 cuts.

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

I have to imagine that Bobo and Mason were a compromise between the PTB and AD Greene not picking their guy.

After all, isn't it suspicious that Harsin hires the OC who was on Steele's short list to be OC? And then going out and getting the best former DC/newly fired HC available?

I'm with you. Harsin needs to be able to fail or succeed on his own terms. It's one of the reasons I stuck in Malzahn's corner for so long, and it wasn't even so much his record that killed my support. I just long for a day when Auburn's power brokers stop dabbling in things they know nothing about.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1