Coach Derek Mason out?

Tony4AU

50 minutes ago, wcware said:

Smoke gonna have his IG account suspended for half the day tomorrow.

They were used to one way of doing things with Gus and it's now a total 180. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I will say this. I do not want Mason to leave. He was a bright spot for the program.

• Like 2

Just now, Didba said:

I will say this. I do not want Mason to leave. He was a bright spot for the program.

He's gone FWIW...just a matter of time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Didba said:

"wasn't a good luck for Kobe or any of the current players in the video" is the full quote.

When did they talk about this? I'd like to go back and hear it. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

When did they talk about this? I'd like to go back and hear it. Thanks.

Think it was on the latest live about the transfer portal

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

He's gone FWIW...just a matter of time. 

🤔🥲

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Thank God for Bruce Pearl and Auburn basketball, because this would be a lot harder to watch without it.

Strong facts.

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Think it was on the latest live about the transfer portal

It was either that or the other Auburn channel they are guest on Wednesday. Hell I can’t remember what I did this morning 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

It was either that or the other Auburn channel they are guest on Wednesday. Hell I can’t remember what I did this morning 

LockedOnAuburn, MikeG said it on both.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Didba said:

he said "it wasn't a good look for kobe or any of the current players in the video" just to clarify.

Wow, that’s a huge difference.  Words matter.  Thx.

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What the hell does OSU have for mason to leave ? Pay the man if it’s money 

I read that OK state was offering $1.5 per.  That’s good cheese.

So how many times will it take players and coaches leaving for us to stop saying it was THEM and not HIM. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I read that OK state was offering $1.5 per.  That’s good cheese.

Its what he makes at AU 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Never said he didn't coach. That's the 3rd time I've said that. Maybe he was told put more of Schmedings ideas into the game plan. Some coaches have fickle egos.. Or like I said maybe Mason devised it all himself. But something new was put in for Bama . That isn't debatable

Sorry but Cole is right. This is an idiotic rumor that’s been bubbling on auburn Twitter and Reddit. 

If Mason does have a “fickle ego” you think he would have waited 2 months before saying I’m out after getting disrespected like that? Hell, why would anyone take 2 months to leave after being told this isn't your job anymore and my buddy from Boise is calling the shots. 

Sometimes it’s simple to just see the situation as it is. 

Edited by Taco
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

So how many times will it take players and coaches leaving for us to stop saying it was THEM and not HIM. 

Gus might have bred a lot of contentness, but one thing he didn’t have is low character guys, esp the further from 2015 you get. These are high character guys that just do not seem to like this guy. 

I think Gus is a supreme oil salesman, but some of these players weren’t being regaled with a great statistical or snap opportunity when he was here. And there’s more and more trying to leave that don’t even want Gus/UCF. There’s gotta be something more than just “Gus only bred quitters and Harsin only attracts winners” 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The War Rapport also said that CBH just wants to coach football and not into politics. The guy down the road has mastered that skill. It comes with the territory. Some coaches just goes about it different ways. For example coach BP is involved in a lot of things at Auburn. Not saying he should be coach BP. Just an example 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

For me, if a bunch of players he brought in this year quit then I'll start saying that. Right now I believe Dreshun Miller is the only one so far, and that was a huge whiff by this staff. As bad as it sucks, I'm of the opinion that we needed severe roster turnover 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Wow, that’s a huge difference.  Words matter.  Thx.

Yeah, it was a pretty egregious misquote, hopefully unintentional.

23 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

It's really not a total 180.

It is on consistency.  Gus wouldn't hold the most talented players to the same standards as the rest of the team. Harsin does.

• Like 1