Christian Robinson expected to be hired

Tony4AU

Guessing this means Schmedding to DC and Robinson to LB. Question is can he recruit? Jeff and Watts would likely stay hands on with LB's

Christian from Atlanta Georgia ? Good gracious haven’t seen him in a long time. He played at greater Atlanta Christian. Our babes at the time use to be best friends. He came a long way. Good for him. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

Guessing this means Schmedding to DC and Robinson to LB. Question is can he recruit? Jeff and Watts would likely stay hands on with LB's

He coached DL at Ole miss

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

Christian from Atlanta Georgia ? Good gracious haven’t seen him in a long time. He played at greater Atlanta Christian. Our babes at the time use to be best friends. He came a long way. Good for him. 

Wait.  You lived in Atlanta and went to GACS?  When was this?

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Wait.  You lived in Atlanta and went to GACS?  When was this?

I didn’t go there but my girlfriend at the time had graduated from there and were mutual friends with him and his girl. Her father was a prominent figure at that school and that is as far as I will go lol 

• Like 1

It looks like he got Jeremiah Scooby Williams to choose UF over us.  I think the board was high on Scooby.   Maybe Scooby follows.   Has Diabate officially signed with Utah?

Hiring him as DL coach? I see his bio that his gets some credit for DL even though he was listed as a Grad Assistant. . . would have preferred someone with a bit more DL coaching experience but he is young and supposedly a good recruiter.

16 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Hiring him as DL coach? I see his bio that his gets some credit for DL even though he was listed as a Grad Assistant. . . would have preferred someone with a bit more DL coaching experience but he is young and supposedly a good recruiter.

Hiring him as DL coach would be somewhat surprising. As you say his only experience was a GA for one year, otherwise does not look like he has been involved with DL.

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

It looks like he got Jeremiah Scooby Williams to choose UF over us.  I think the board was high on Scooby.   Maybe Scooby follows.   Has Diabate officially signed with Utah?

Primary for Shemar James too, I believe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Ty'Ron Hooper, one of his LB's, just entered the portal according to Zenitz. May be nothing, but interesting timing I'd say. His brother also played for Harsin at Boise State so there's some connections there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

Looks like UF fired him at the beginning of January

Not good. Seems we are relegated to picking bottom of the available coaches and in the end will end up with a MWC coaching staff. I just don’t see this working in this conference. We need good coaches that are also SEC recruiters. I hope I eat my words, but I am not seeing it right now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

247 reporting he will take over LB.  Jeff Schmedding takes over DC.  Continue to search for DL.  

20 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Not good. Seems we are relegated to picking bottom of the available coaches and in the end will end up with a MWC coaching staff. I just don’t see this working in this conference. We need good coaches that are also SEC recruiters. I hope I eat my words, but I am not seeing it right now. 

In fairness it was likely just natural turnover with Napier wanting to bring in his own new staff. If we're going by that logic than Steele, etc. are also bottom tier coaches

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Wait what?  You do realize that is commonplace when a new HC comes in.  Many times, he cleans house.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, au302 said:

In fairness it was likely just natural turnover with Napier wanting to bring in his own new staff. If we're going by that logic than Steele, etc. are also bottom tier coaches

Maybe so. I am just basing my opinion off of some others and the fact that UF’s defense was awful in 21. He may be very good, but it still does not change the fact that BH is relatively resigned to eventually bringing his prior staff from Boise on board. As AEAu girl mentioned, asking whether or not I knew this was commonplace with a new staff coming in, of course I realize and understand that. My concerns are that Harsin is thinking maybe he can bring a relatively successful MWC staff into the toughest conference/division in college football and succeed, when many do not have recruiting experience or ties to this part of the country. It’s great he is getting some Oregon players in here, but I thought we knew that they generally don’t compete on this level. I’m not knocking anybody, but rather I’m simply inquiring and wondering. I just see no improvement with who we have brought in since the bowl game. Just an opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

57 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

247 reporting he will take over LB.  Jeff Schmedding takes over DC.  Continue to search for DL.  

So if this is the case which I figured would eventually happen, this leads me to believe (If it occurs this way) CBH didn't have as much say so initially and now he does...this better work..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

So if this is the case which I figured would eventually happen, this leads me to believe (If it occurs this way) CBH didn't have as much say so initially and now he does...this better work..

Well the other way didn’t work 😂. If this doesn’t work then on to the next. It’s crazy for me to think we would have told him in the beginning who he could or couldn’t hire and suddenly now after an amazing 6-7 season, give him the rope to hire whoever he wants. No way I would have left Boise if I couldn’t control my own staff, because now you start out another year deeper in the hole. I’m totally fine if he hires nothing but the 🥔 gang. If he fails then it’s all on him. That’s the only way great coaches will ever coach here, giving them total control. It’s also possible he has had total control from the beginning. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Well the other way didn’t work 😂. If this doesn’t work then on to the next. It’s crazy for me to think we would have told him in the beginning who he could or couldn’t hire and suddenly now after an amazing 6-7 season, give him the rope to hire whoever he wants. No way I would have left Boise if I couldn’t control my own staff, because now you start out another year deeper in the hole. I’m totally fine if he hires nothing but the 🥔 gang. If he fails then it’s all on him. That’s the only way great coaches will ever coach here, giving them total control. It’s also possible he has had total control from the beginning. 

I think he had control and he found two guys that knew the landscape to help ease his transition. Now that hasn’t worked out for 2 very different reasons and we are stuck with the Boise boys. D. Mason, Caddy, and Eason were the best guys on our staff and now we’ve lost two of them. F’ing depressing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think he had control and he found two guys that knew the landscape to help ease his transition. Now that hasn’t worked out for 2 very different reasons and we are stuck with the Boise boys. D. Mason, Caddy, and Eason were the best guys on our staff and now we’ve lost two of them. F’ing depressing.

Not really. I’m fine with it. He will either make it or not. If he does we will all be excited because we are winning. If he doesn’t we will be excited because a new coach is coming to Auburn. You are looking at this all wrong 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Ty'Ron Hooper, one of his LB's, just entered the portal according to Zenitz. May be nothing, but interesting timing I'd say. His brother also played for Harsin at Boise State so there's some connections there

It was just reported an hour ago that Hopper has now taken his name out of the portal.

• Sad 1