Christian Robinson expected to be hired

Tony4AU

If true that Mason was pushed on Harsin, then forced Schmedding and Watts on Mason, then I believe it's for the best for both parties to part ways. If Harsin does so happen to go down in flames, then he should go down with his own choices, not by choices forced on him.

I'm in the minority of not being overly impressed with Mason, but I do appreciate the work he put in on the recruiting trail and field. We'll definitely get to see whether or not this move makes us a better team or not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tony4AU said:

247 reporting he will take over LB.  Jeff Schmedding takes over DC.  Continue to search for DL.  

OK.  I'm sticking to Schedding called the Iron Bowl, we're going to be amazing next year.  :realmad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm very worried over the state and future of our coaching staff.

CDM possibly leaving for a lateral move at OK St?  Not encouraging, if true.

Schmedding (sp?) as a possible new DC?  I'm not feeling it.

I'm not sure if we're heading in the right direction or not.  I wish we had a football coach that gives me as much confidence in the future as Bruce Pearl on the BBall side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I'm very worried over the state and future of our coaching staff.

CDM possibly leaving for a lateral move at OK St?  Not encouraging, if true.

Schmedding (sp?) as a possible new DC?  I'm not feeling it.

I'm not sure if we're heading in the right direction or not.  I wish we had a football coach that gives me as much confidence in the future as Bruce Pearl on the BBall side.

I agree. I am very uneasy. It has been constant turmoil since Harsin was hired. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I agree. I am very uneasy. It has been constant turmoil since Harsin was hired. 

This whole situation seems to be trending the wrong way. I honestly believe if all this were happening to Miss State we'd be calling it a dumpster fire. I hope better days are ahead

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

This whole situation seems to be trending the wrong way. I honestly believe if all this were happening to Miss State we'd be calling it a dumpster fire. I hope better days are ahead

The most glorious dumpster fire ever 🦚 #1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

So if this is the case which I figured would eventually happen, this leads me to believe (If it occurs this way) CBH didn't have as much say so initially and now he does...this better work..

This is my only problem with how this situation is playing out. I don’t really care about known names and **** like that. I want coaches that can coach and recruit no matter who they are or where the came from. I just wish they had been hired at the beginning instead of dealing with the turmoil with staff turnover that we are dealing with now. We are already bleeding players. We need stablility and I rather these guys not have to learn a brand new system. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, wcware said:

Not really. I’m fine with it. He will either make it or not. If he does we will all be excited because we are winning. If he doesn’t we will be excited because a new coach is coming to Auburn. You are looking at this all wrong 

That's all I've been saying for a month or more. I don't understand waking every morning to log onto AUFamily to wail and gnash ones teeth and be miserable about the latest whatever that happened. He'll make it work, or they'll fire him, and I won't have anything to do with it either way. War Eagle anyway.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Let’s just go ahead and get this over with so we can all move on to the next coach. Name Schmedding the DC and let Harsin do what he’s wanted to do from the beginning - hire his boys. Let him fail with Boise St coaches.

• Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Let’s just go ahead and get this over with so we can all move on to the next coach. Name Schmedding the DC and let Harsin do what he’s wanted to do from the beginning - hire his boys. Let him fail with Boise St coaches.

Or heaven forbid he might succeed with his guys 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I vote for him to succeed with Boise St coaches.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Don't say "we can all". This doesn't speak for all of us.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Or heaven forbid he might succeed with his guys 

I’ve tried to be positive and give Harsin a pass this year. But, it just keeps getting worse. Harsin has given me no reason for “hope” that anything is going to change in the future. We take one step forward and two steps back.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I’ve tried to be positive and give Harsin a pass this year. But, it just keeps getting worse. Harsin has given me no reason for “hope” that anything is going to change in the future. We take one step forward and two steps back.

I’m not guaranteeing he turns it around, I just don’t see the point in writing him off 13months into his tenure. If things aren’t improving this time next year I’d say the seat would be warm and I’ve always thought year 3 must show solid results and improvement year to year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

That's all I've been saying for a month or more. I don't understand waking every morning to log onto AUFamily to wail and gnash ones teeth and be miserable about the latest whatever that happened. He'll make it work, or they'll fire him, and I won't have anything to do with it either way. War Eagle anyway.  

Post of the last month here!

Edited by SumterAubie
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I’m not guaranteeing he turns it around, I just don’t see the point in writing him off 13months into his tenure. If things aren’t improving this time next year I’d say the seat would be warm and I’ve always thought year 3 must show solid results and improvement year to year. 

Nobody is writing him off. He's just not making a very good impression and it is cause for some concern. Everyone wants him to be successful. No need to read more into it than that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wcware said:

Well the other way didn’t work 😂. If this doesn’t work then on to the next. It’s crazy for me to think we would have told him in the beginning who he could or couldn’t hire and suddenly now after an amazing 6-7 season, give him the rope to hire whoever he wants. No way I would have left Boise if I couldn’t control my own staff, because now you start out another year deeper in the hole. I’m totally fine if he hires nothing but the 🥔 gang. If he fails then it’s all on him. That’s the only way great coaches will ever coach here, giving them total control. It’s also possible he has had total control from the beginning. 

Agree. There is no way Harsin would have left Boise to go to a place where his choice of assistants was going to be dictated to him. That idea is silly beyond belief.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Looking through your post history, I'm failing to find any sort of "give Harsin a pass".

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, AU_Twisterman said:

Well, you beat me to it.

We at least gave the last guy a couple of solid years...

Edited by Randman5000
8-5 or bust!!!!!

Holy wow, the negativity in this thread is high.

I am not sure what the right move is.

I do know from experience that I would rather have a competent person who is “bought in” than a highly skilled super star who isn’t.

The super star who isn’t on the same page as the leader will still have influence and can affect the overall chemistry of the team (or staff). 

I don’t know what is going on at Auburn. Maybe the rumors are true, maybe they are not. Maybe this was always going to be a one year stint.

We don’t know and I am fine with that. 

I have heard a lot of recruits talking about Harsin’s vision as opposed to coming for a specific coach.

To my knowledge (and I may be wrong), any player the coaches have deemed as “critical “ have been talked out of going to the portal.

My point is sometimes there is addition by subtraction.

It never feels good to see people we like leaving a program we love.

In reality, we don’t know the inner dynamics of what is going on internally.

Maybe it is a dumpster fire… but I do know that if I was running a paid site where my living depended on people “clicking “ on my “news”, and I saw they went to negative news 10 times more than they went to positive news, I would probably give the audience what they wanted.

I love Auburn and I really like this site.

I also made the decision a long time ago that my emotional well-being was not going to be dictated by a bunch of people I probably will never meet.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Nobody is writing him off. He's just not making a very good impression and it is cause for some concern. Everyone wants him to be successful. No need to read more into it than that. 

I too have some concern, but if you go back and read the original quote from Cameron, he is writing him off stating let him fail with his Boise coaches. My take is let him do it his way with the guys he wants and let’s see if he succeeds or fails.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I too have some concern, but if you go back and read the original quote from Cameron, he is writing him off stating let him fail with his Boise coaches. My take is let him do it his way with the guys he wants and let’s see if he succeeds or fails.

This is a great approach being we have zero impact on who he gets. Coaches are just like recruits though. Each decides where they will go. I’m betting Harsin is doing the most he can to be successful. He always has.