Auburn is hiring Minnesota’s Ty Gatson

aubiefifty

Auburn is hiring Minnesota’s Ty Gatson as Associate Director of Player Personnel & Recruiting Operations. Harsin continues to beef up the recruiting support staff.

renderTimingPixel.png

Auburn is hiring Minnesota’s Ty Gatson as associate director of player personnel/recruiting operations, sources tell . Gatson served as Minnesota’s on-campus recruiting coordinator and transfer portal manager. https://on3.com/news/2021-22-c

Hmmm..... I have a feeling that Harsin thinks that he and his Boise guys are the smartest guys in the room. This could end badly. Like real bad, but I'll wait and see how this shakes out after signing day. 

Edited by agent_jack
  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, agent_jack said:

Hmmm..... I have a feeling that Harsin thinks that his Boise guys are the smartest guys in the room. This could end badly. Like real bad, but I'll wait and see how this shakes out after signing day. 

What you going to do if you don’t like it then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Where did I say anything in my post about "like?"   I just said I'll wait until after signing day to see if things start to look funny in the light

• Facepalm 1

Just now, agent_jack said:

Where did I say anything in my post about "like?"   I just said I'll wait until after signing day to see if things start to look funny in the light

Sorry, that’s not what I perceived from your post. I thought it insinuated you would decide if it ended badly at the end of signing day. I was just wondering what would happen if you perceived it had ended badly at that time. I didn’t think you could really perceive how the coaching staff is working until at least 5 games in. Sorry I misunderstood your post.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Sorry, that’s not what I perceived from your post. I thought it insinuated you would decide if it ended badly at the end of signing day. I was just wondering what would happen if you perceived it had ended badly at that time. I didn’t think you could really perceive how the coaching staff is working until at least 5 games in. Sorry I misunderstood your post.

My fault if I wasn't clear. I completely agree that on field results are ultimately what matters and you can't gauge that without actually playing some games. What I was trying to refer to was more player deflection, or signs of more players becoming disgruntled via cryptic social media posts. 

8 minutes ago, agent_jack said:

My fault if I wasn't clear. I completely agree that on field results are ultimately what matters and you can't gauge that without actually playing some games. What I was trying to refer to was more player deflection, or signs of more players becoming disgruntled via cryptic social media posts. 

Agree that stuff is not a good look. I can also see that some players (especially those that are leaving) would see the difference between what they had and what they have now in negative light.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

"Transfer Portal Manager". Interesting.

Every school needs a GM now...or something like it. 

Row the Potato Boat.

Edited by autigeremt
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Every school needs a GM now...or something like it. 

Row the Potato Boat.

What is this proverbial potato boat being rowed along in? Butter? Gravy? 

It’s butter isn’t it? Please tell me it’s butter.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

No freaking doubt. The bottom of the boat if full of bacon bits also!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Has to be butter. If it were Mashed Potato's then we may want gravy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wcware said:

No freaking doubt. The bottom of the boat if full of bacon bits also!

Yes. But careful, lest we munch a hole in the boat.

9 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Has to be butter. If it were Mashed Potato's then we may want gravy. 

Hell yes.

You both are invited to my potato party.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

This shows me he is adjusting to the new normal the Transfer Portal. Beefing behind the scene recruiting staff is a positive. I would not be surprised to see other teams do something similar.

19 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I can't believe it's not butter

giphy.gif

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Minnesota? WTH? 

Unfortunately this is the current state of AU football. Just read an article and yes there are tons out there speculating, that losing Mason is a huge blow to this program. I haven’t and won’t give up until I see how 2022 ends up looking, but i truly believe Harsin is wanting out. It just doesn’t seem to be a good fit for either party. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m going to hold my breath until I pass out and consider sending a strongly worded email. Fight the power. :)  

19 minutes ago, wcware said:

Thanks. I hope all you sour cream lovers get diarrhea 

That's what the lactase is for.