Auburn is hiring Minnesota’s Ty Gatson

aubiefifty

28 minutes ago, wcware said:

😂 I got the downvote? Can I get a facepalm?

i sometimes give one just to make people go wtf? but i am gonna wait until you really make sense on something  to make you type wth or wtf? grins i do reserve the right to be serious on occasion.

Hashbrowns are made of potatoes.  Hashbrowns are a staple of Waffle House.  Gus loved Waffle House.  Hmmmm.  What’s really going on here?  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Unfortunately this is the current state of AU football. Just read an article and yes there are tons out there speculating, that losing Mason is a huge blow to this program. I haven’t and won’t give up until I see how 2022 ends up looking, but i truly believe Harsin is wanting out. It just doesn’t seem to be a good fit for either party. 

Yeah because Mason was going to be here long term. Totally shocking that he isn't.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, wcware said:

Thanks. I hope all you sour cream lovers get diarrhea 

listen you caddilac bumper headed butter lipped daisy......i just want you to know by gawd i am just playing. grins

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Hashbrowns are made of potatoes.  Hashbrowns are a staple of Waffle House.  Gus loved Waffle House.  Hmmmm.  What’s really going on here?  

yes and he liked them smothered and covered just like fplks did with our "O". lol

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yes and he liked them smothered and covered just like fplks did with our "O". lol

That's great!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

That's great!

i get lucky now and then...............thanks

11 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Too many northerners and they are going to have to hire translators in the Athletic Department.  

Put them on the Brian Kelly plan... Rosetta Stone Instant Southern accent. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Unfortunately this is the current state of AU football. Just read an article and yes there are tons out there speculating, that losing Mason is a huge blow to this program. I haven’t and won’t give up until I see how 2022 ends up looking, but i truly believe Harsin is wanting out. It just doesn’t seem to be a good fit for either party. 

He is not a northerner, he is from Texas, and he has only been at Minnesota one year.  He also worked briefly at Arkansas as both a GA and in the recruiting office so he has familiarity with the SEC. 

I’d suggest maybe people actually RESEARCH these people before reading “MINNESOTA!” then jumping off a cliff.  He also is just going to be in a supporting role to Steven Ruzic, who Harsin just hired as Director of Player Personnel and who from what I have read is pretty well known and it was seen as a great hire.  I would bet they have ties since both have worked under Chernoff at MN. 

This is what Wiltfong had to say about him:  In addition to what Keith already wrote and Inside Carolina insider Don Callahan reported regarding Steven Ruzic leaving the Tar Heels for a job in the Auburn recruiting office, I wanted to chime in. At UNC, Ruzic was the Assistant DPP and now he is the DPP on The Plains. He’s ready for this promotion. I’ve been following Ruzic’s career for a while. He’s worked under some guys that I think have been terrific in this industry. He was under Tyler Siskey at Ole Miss (who comes from the Nick Saban off-field tree), Gerrit Chernoff at Minnesota (terrific CEO of a recruiting office) and Billy High at UNC who just left there for a job at Tennessee after helping the Tar Heels land a third-straight Top15 class, this one in the Top10. High is big on the details from the evaluation and on-campus visits. I would imagine he’ll be a blend of all these guys while adding his own touch. Son of a high school coach, I think he’s a terrific relationship builder, diligent with evaluations and organized with his process. I like this hire for Auburn’s infrastructure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Sorry, that’s not what I perceived from your post. I thought it insinuated you would decide if it ended badly at the end of signing day. I was just wondering what would happen if you perceived it had ended badly at that time. I didn’t think you could really perceive how the coaching staff is working until at least 5 games in. Sorry I misunderstood your post.

If it ends badly we get to choose someone from the board to fist fight Harsin.  It’s how these things should go.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

What is this proverbial potato boat being rowed along in? Butter? Gravy? 

It’s butter isn’t it? Please tell me it’s butter.

Duck feathers?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Yeah because Mason was going to be here long term. Totally shocking that he isn't.

Not that at all. Mason had SEC ties and produced a good enough D to stay in each game, so with the exception of the GA loss, it’s extremely  hard to blame his game planning. Recruiting is what it will always boil down to. AU will NOT catch Bama and UGA for the top recruits, but we are still missing out on a lot of good players in the portal and in general. Currently, do you see AU better at this point than any other team in the West?  I mean, for crying out loud, we lost to a first year coach at SC and he appears to be miles ahead in bringing in better players. The question remains, is this an indictment on the HC or is this some kind of secret plan of his? Like I said, I want him to succeed very badly, but after an awful year, things are not looking better at this point. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He is not a northerner, he is from Texas, and he has only been at Minnesota one year.  He also worked briefly at Arkansas as both a GA and in the recruiting office so he has familiarity with the SEC. 

I’d suggest maybe people actually RESEARCH these people before reading “MINNESOTA!” then jumping off a cliff.  He also is just going to be in a supporting role to Steven Ruzic, who Harsin just hired as Director of Player Personnel and who from what I have read is pretty well known and it was seen as a great hire.  I would bet they have ties since both have worked under Chernoff at MN. 

This is what Wiltfong had to say about him:  In addition to what Keith already wrote and Inside Carolina insider Don Callahan reported regarding Steven Ruzic leaving the Tar Heels for a job in the Auburn recruiting office, I wanted to chime in. At UNC, Ruzic was the Assistant DPP and now he is the DPP on The Plains. He’s ready for this promotion. I’ve been following Ruzic’s career for a while. He’s worked under some guys that I think have been terrific in this industry. He was under Tyler Siskey at Ole Miss (who comes from the Nick Saban off-field tree), Gerrit Chernoff at Minnesota (terrific CEO of a recruiting office) and Billy High at UNC who just left there for a job at Tennessee after helping the Tar Heels land a third-straight Top15 class, this one in the Top10. High is big on the details from the evaluation and on-campus visits. I would imagine he’ll be a blend of all these guys while adding his own touch. Son of a high school coach, I think he’s a terrific relationship builder, diligent with evaluations and organized with his process. I like this hire for Auburn’s infrastructure.

What you say may very well be true, but is he a coach or a big time recruiter? I like Harsin. I like his hard nosed approach and I still believe that is why we may have lost some players, which is normal under a new regime. I just think that a lot more is going to have to change before we are even in a discussion of being one of the top three West teams. Infrastructure is all well and good, but all of the results happen on the field and that is what any AU fan is going to want to see after a 6/7 season and five losses in a row. Just my opinion. I hope this hire does wonders. 

4 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

What you say may very well be true, but is he a coach or a big time recruiter? I like Harsin. I like his hard nosed approach and I still believe that is why we may have lost some players, which is normal under a new regime. I just think that a lot more is going to have to change before we are even in a discussion of being one of the top three West teams. Infrastructure is all well and good, but all of the results happen on the field and that is what any AU fan is going to want to see after a 6/7 season and five losses in a row. Just my opinion. I hope this hire does wonders. 

Its support staff.  Some are acting like this guy from MN is going to be calling plays on the sidelines.   Sounds like they are bringing him in specifically for the transfer portal which is smart…that has become a pile of new issues ALL programs are now having to deal with…...but I have never seen so much debate and nashing of teeth over a football program support staff assistant.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

If that was the case, he would stand pat and not be making hard, tough changes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

May end up being a BAKED Potato

I think Fifty is our Baked Potato at the moment

• Haha 2