A Positive Outlook

LPTiger

43 minutes ago, Butthead said:

We need something ANYTHING to change the momentum. 

It ain’t coming. Stick with basketball right now. Auburn Football is the plague. Makes me sick.

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agreed. I live in Knoxville. They lost about 20 to the portal including a 5 star o lineman and 5 star LB. My friends were questioning whether they would have enough to field a team. But they improved from 3-7 to 8-5. So there’s hope. But Harsin better get his crap together. He desperately needs some early 2023 commits. 

Yes, in the first year of their new coach they improved from 3-7 to 8-5. In the first year of our new coach we declined from 6-5 to 6-7. Right now we are also ranked behind Tennessee, Mississippi State, Kentucky and other non-recruiting powerhouses. Unless something close to magic happens, AU in 2023 won't be Harsin's problem.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes, in the first year of their new coach they improved from 3-7 to 8-5. In the first year of our new coach we declined from 6-5 to 6-7. Right now we are also ranked behind Tennessee, Mississippi State, Kentucky and other non-recruiting powerhouses. Unless something close to magic happens, AU in 2023 won't be Harsin's problem.

Hate to say it, but Tennessee seems to be turning it around. They might have finally found their guy. 

The dreaded "become UT" phrase might be due for retirement soon. Meanwhile, it feels like a downslope on the plains. 

Just now, cbo said:

Hate to say it, but Tennessee seems to be turning it around. They might have finally found their guy. 

The dreaded "become UT" phrase might be due for retirement soon. Meanwhile, it feels like a downslope on the plains. 

Yeah it’s because they finally got rid of the cancer that kept screwing things up.

We have to give Harsin time to build a program with a serviceable QB (sorry Finley). I’m in the “wait and see” phase. If we don’t win 8 games next season then I will start to be concerned. I just feel like we need to give him a fair chance first. 

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If Landen King leaves, I honestly don’t think I have any hope for the receiving corp

Like regardless of how guys thought about Bobo or the WR coach or whoever blame should be handed to, we did a horrible job of maximizing the talented young guys then. Idk why I should have hope we’d do it this time around 

As of now we have 8 total WRs.  We’ll have to hope the true freshman are ready to go on day one and pray we don’t have a single injury the entire season.  That’s cutting it close.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

We have to give Harsin time to build a program with a serviceable QB (sorry Finley). I’m in the “wait and see” phase. If we don’t win 8 games next season then I will start to be concerned. I just feel like we need to give him a fair chance first. 

Next season figured to be a tough one anyway, before all the guys jumped ship and the recruiting/transfer portal failures.. Last season was the opportunity to have a great year. As for next season as we stand right now, I can see AU winning the three gimme games but what other team can we beat? Maybe pull out one vs. MSU or Mizzou. If I had to predict right now, 4-8 is what I expect.

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

I Imagine CBH could’ve won 8 or 9 if a certain first round Qb was still at AU instead of Liberty, but your guy had him 3d string so he left. Context is lost on you again. I’m giving a tangible example of a school that went from losing 20 in the portal to them having positive results the next season when everyone was convinced of certain doom. Whether it happens year one or year four, solid seasons do happen when fans think catastrophe looms. History says you can. Optimal no. Possible yes. 

Edited by Gowebb11

Look I don’t think any Auburn fan wants to be negative. I don’t think any true AU fan wants CBH or any Auburn coach not be successful .That said, I wish Harsin would just give us something positive we could hang out hat on. 🤔 every coaching change has been a disaster. The portal has been a disaster. When he does speak to the family it turns out to be a disaster. I was one of the few that held his choice as HC as possibly a good turn especially after Gus. But what I have found in Harsin is a person even less honest than Gus when it comes to speaking to the AU family. Constantly a line of BS. Everyone makes mistakes (especially me) but when we do, just own it, be truthful and move to correct it. I’ve seen none of this from Harsin. I’m to the point I just want to yell at him “just stop digging it’s only getting you deeper”. I don’t think any of us want another total change, but if he isn’t willing to correct his mistakes then at some point that will happen. So why postpone the eventual ? 🙁

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Look I don’t think any Auburn fan wants to be negative. I don’t think any true AU fan wants CBH or any Auburn coach not be successful .That said, I wish Harsin would just give us something positive we could hang out hat on. 🤔 every coaching change has been a disaster. The portal has been a disaster. When he does speak to the family it turns out to be a disaster. I was one of the few that held his choice as HC as possibly a good turn especially after Gus. But what I have found in Harsin is a person even less honest than Gus when it comes to speaking to the AU family. Constantly a line of BS. Everyone makes mistakes (especially me) but when we do, just own it, be truthful and move to correct it. I’ve seen none of this from Harsin. I’m to the point I just want to yell at him “just stop digging it’s only getting you deeper”. I don’t think any of us want another total change, but if he isn’t willing to correct his mistakes then at some point that will happen. So why postpone the eventual ? 🙁

That's all he has been doing is correcting his mistakes...or someone else's mistakes. :)

2 hours ago, Taco said:

Another positive: 

We don’t have a coach who recently got arrested for the DUI! 

True, but most of my Bama friends hate Golding so they are celebrating this hoping Saban fires him. 🙃

17 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

True, but most of my Bama friends hate Golding so they are celebrating this hoping Saban fires him. 🙃

Yeah but I heard he had been drinking vodka which is made from potatoes so it’s another bad look for the Boise bunch.

• Haha 1