Zac Etheridge named recruiting coordinator

Bro Johnny Mac

He’s been great this year, so glad it appears he is staying as I had read somewhere he might be gone too. 

I was at the Ole Miss game where Rodney Scott laid there so still with Zac on top of him for so long until they could get him immobilized and moved….scariest moment ever of a football game.  

One of my all time favorite players. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 8

If ZE left during all of this Mason drama, then it wouldn't be a good look for Harsin IMO, but since he's actually being recognized for his hard work (hopefully compensated well too), then maybe Harsin isn't as big of a douchebag as portrayed.

Congrats to Zac, hope he continues doing big things on the Plains for a long time WDE!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

not sure about on field but T Reed is probably more impactful in his current position than an on the field coach.

Unless he is an on-field coach or AU is one coach short, Reed can't recruit off campus. If we want him to be an important part of the recruiting, he needs to be an on-field coach.

• Like 2

I love Trovon. Beast on the trail, especially La. But seriously, has he even coached in HS yet? I think it's premature to get caught up and say he should get an on field spot. Probably 5 years out. Needs to climb the ranks just like Etheridge 

• Like 2

Good for Zac. He is getting a lot more responsibility in a short amount of time. He is a very young coach so i hope he is ready to handle the extra responsibilities so early in his career. 

9 hours ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

as director of player personel I believe he is the one setting up all official visits.

Reed is not director of player personnel, he works in player relations.  

Harsin just brought in Steven Ruzic for DPP, after Ryan Smith left to be GM at Georgia Southern for Clay Helton 

Edited by AEAugirl

11 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Wonder why he would be assigned as RC? He is already coaching more positions now that DC has left. Seems like this would be best assigned to some off field role.

Saw him coaching all DBs as permanent. Seems like a lot

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Saw him coaching all DBs as permanent. Seems like a lot

Can understand wanting that on your resume but just inherited another position group.

12 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Wonder why he would be assigned as RC? He is already coaching more positions now that DC has left. Seems like this would be best assigned to some off field role.

A job description would bring more light to his new position.

There’s all kinds of titles associated with coaching/recruiting, but without a job description it’s hard to tell what he will be doing.

I’m assuming that the title means that Zac will be able to steer the recruiting process with more personal authority. He may have input into how the staff goes about recruiting, maybe he will supervise them in some capacity.

From all accounts Zac is a great on the trail. This title will at least help with building relationships high school players/coaches and players families.

Im excited for him and I believe it will help us a lot in recruiting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, au302 said:

I love Trovon. Beast on the trail, especially La. But seriously, has he even coached in HS yet? I think it's premature to get caught up and say he should get an on field spot. Probably 5 years out. Needs to climb the ranks just like Etheridge 

Yeah people getting way too ahead of themselves on that one. He’s important to the program but you don’t just throw a coaching position at somebody who has literally zero experience. This is Auburn university not some random small 1A high school 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Can understand wanting that on your resume but just inherited another position group.

I'm guessing Schmedding will help out with safeties, even if not officially stated. Either that or he'll still work with LB's along with Crob, which seems inefficient since he handled them by himself this past year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

A job description would bring more light to his new position.

There’s all kinds of titles associated with coaching/recruiting, but without a job description it’s hard to tell what he will be doing.

I’m assuming that the title means that Zac will be able to steer the recruiting process with more personal authority. He may have input into how the staff goes about recruiting, maybe he will supervise them in some capacity.

From all accounts Zac is a great on the trail. This title will at least help with building relationships high school players/coaches and players families.

Im excited for him and I believe it will help us a lot in recruiting.

Thx for the explanation. It definitely brings more transparency.

• Like 1