Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And all of them were positive about the hire and have had very nice things to say about various aspects of the regime so far. Or at a minimum have preached patience.

I hate to say it, but there is some "I don't like the information so I am going to discredit the source" going on with this. Oh well, it is the way of things.

That's fair. Stuff like this is entertaining, even if it's harmful. The trouble I have is that it's been hard for reputable sites to even get recruiting scoop from this regime, so it's even harder for me to believe that scoop like this is available. I can believe the Nix and Mason stuff and how that got out, but this ones a stretch. A silly jab made by staff members at people that have been made fun of for years. If that's the best "dirt" they can get right now, then he's no Kiffin or Petrino.

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Every coach since Dye has had issues with the PTB @ Auburn. Wonder what the common denominator is.

You can win without their full support. Tubberville certainly did. Winning trumps all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

If you're gonna ignore, ignore. Don't subtweet. 

And Bo's job was not in jeopardy LMAO. What planet are you on.

you subtweet me all the time and then don't respond when I clap back...

Pot meet kettle...

Just now, Didba said:

you subtweet me all the time and then don't respond when I clap back...

Pot meet kettle...

I don't subtweet you. I'm just done responding to you for a while. All you to is downvote every single thing I post, try to shut down any thread I start, and criticize my allegiance as a fan. I just don't want to engage in that anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You can win without their full support. Tubberville certainly did. Winning trumps all.

That has been my biggest critique. Nothing wrong with doing it your way but you got to win. You can't be a "hardass" and not win. That just makes you Jeremy Pruitt. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Mine is already more tenuous.

Tenuous? Not yet with me but, he's certainly in the Missouri area

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Tubbs was good but he blew a lot of seasons particularly when UGA and Bama were down. Never really leveraged the opportunity to build Auburn into the powerhouse it could have been while Bama was playing musical chairs with coaches. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That has been my biggest critique. Nothing wrong with doing it your way but you got to win. You can't be a "hardass" and not win. That just makes you Jeremy Pruitt. 

People accuse me of being anti-Harsin. I LOVED the hire. And midway through the season I thought we had found an absolute gem. And hey, that STILL may be the case. My goodness, I hope so. I don't want another coaching search.

But there are just so many red flags right now. And it seems like Harsin came in with things seriously miscalculated. I don't know where he goes from here. But it seems like he really did think he could come into the SEC at its prime and just out-tough everybody. It's almost disrespectful to the league. 

Harsin could be as tough as Patton but that alone isn't going to win in the SEC. I think he is realizing it now.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

Nailed it!

The petty and juvenile insinuations about calling someone a potato for crying out proves your statement above.  Like my 2nd grade niece coming home to cry about a playmate calling her a poopoo head on the playground. 

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So now that PTB confirmed it, what do we do? 

57 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Call them a PooPoo head and move on!!

To help keep this much ado about nothing thread going....I have directly seen and can verify that one PTB on this site who has a handle AU and golf in the early 17th century call some fine patrons "idiots" and "numnuts".  That sounds much worse than dud spuds.  Where are the rioting fist fights from those comments?  Ponder if you please.  Peace out of this thread ✌

• Haha 1

Lol this is the wildest thread I think I’ve seen. Either the dude is going to win and he will stay or the dude is going to lose and he will be gone. 

Also if Harsin digs his own grave because he called a bunch of money men potatoes then good for him. He should be say what he wants. Those money men shouldn’t be running the show to begin with. Ain’t that kind of the problem? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

People accuse me of being anti-Harsin. I LOVED the hire. And midway through the season I thought we had found an absolute gem. And hey, that STILL may be the case. My goodness, I hope so. I don't want another coaching search.

But there are just so many red flags right now. And it seems like Harsin came in with things seriously miscalculated. I don't know where he goes from here. But it seems like he really did think he could come into the SEC at its prime and just out-tough everybody. It's almost disrespectful to the league. 

Harsin could be as tough as Patton but that alone isn't going to win in the SEC. I think he is realizing it now.

And that is fine. I never considered you anti-harsin. However, there are people who are 100 % something and I can't associate with that. I totally get fans being in the Missouri state of mind set. I myself am cautiously optimistic. I have been the first to say, no way this team should've ever been 6-7

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Tubbs was good but he blew a lot of seasons particularly when UGA and Bama were down. Never really leveraged the opportunity to build Auburn into the powerhouse it could have been while Bama was playing musical chairs with coaches. 

Tubbs had one flaw - laziness. It really was that simple. Dude didn't have the fire for competition. If he was driven like Saban, he'd still be here on natty number 4 or 5 by now. 

The dude coached circles around Urban Meyer's pinnacle Florida teams, Saban's LSU teams, Fulmer's Tennessee teams, etc.

I'd argue in terms of pure X's and O's, and CEO coaching, Tubberville was the best in the league. Just didn't want to recruit or innovate.

• Like 3

The one thing I cannot wrap my head around is why he hired his two former coordinators. I have an idea, but I think it set us back a bit. I have my own opinion on it, which I said several times over, but I always thought he should've just started with his guys, regardless of SEC experience. I had the same critique with Gus. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DAG said:

And that is fine. I never considered you anti-harsin. However, there are people who are 100 % something and I can't associate with that. I totally get fans being in the Missouri state of mind set. I myself am cautiously optimistic. I have been the first to say, no way this team should've ever been 6-7

I haven't given up on CBH at all. He and Auburn are tied by a cord right now, so I view his success and Auburn's inseparable. 

Here's the thing so many don't get, and I'm not referring to you. @McLoofus touched on this earlier.

So many people, especially early in this thread and on a lot of threads I've started, conflate reaction with desire. I am reacting negatively to what has been unfolding. How in the world do people come to the conclusion that that means I WANT negative things to happen?

It's like watching your house burn. "Oh no! The house is on fire!" And your neighbor saying "Why are you being so negative? You just want that house to burn, is what it is!" Or "Is this really worth talking about? Stop dwelling on the negative!"

My interpretation of things happening is not a desire for those things to continue to happen. My frustration with the past 3 months of Auburn football does not mean I want the next 11 months to resemble them. 

People have got to stop accusing the momentarily unhappy of being anti-Harsin. It's so insane.

Edited by AUght2win
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

If it was up to people like you, nobody would talk about anything. I truly, truly don't understand guys like you and Didba.

39 minutes ago, selias said:

It annoys me when people quote guys (minor annoyance but still) I have on ignore but, literally 4 out of his 5 listed guys in that quoted post left (at least partially) for the same reason Bo left....job jeopardy.

28 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

If you're gonna ignore, ignore. Don't subtweet. 

And Bo's job was not in jeopardy LMAO. What planet are you on.

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I don't subtweet you. I'm just done responding to you for a while. All you to is downvote every single thing I post, try to shut down any thread I start, and criticize my allegiance as a fan. I just don't want to engage in that anymore.

you literally did to me, two hours ago, what you told the poster to not do to you. "Don't subtweet" and then said "I don't subtweet you".

Fair enough, on not wanting to engage with me.

PS, sorry @seliashad to quote you to get the timeline.

1 minute ago, Didba said:

you literally did to me, two hours ago, what you told the poster to not do to you. "Don't subtweet" and then said "I don't subtweet you".

Fair enough, on not wanting to engage with me.

PS, sorry @seliashad to quote you to get the timeline.

The thing is both of you guys should engage because you both bring some legitimately to the discussion. There are a handful of people from both sides who are 100% on way. Debates are great if there is checks and balances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

I haven't given up on CBH at all. He and Auburn are tied by a cord right now, so I view his success and Auburn's immutable. 

Here's the thing so many don't get, and I'm not referring to you. @McLoofus touched on this earlier.

So many people, especially early in this thread and on a lot of threads I've started, conflate reaction with desire. I am reacting negatively to what has been unfolding. How in the world do people come to the conclusion that that means I WANT negative things to happen?

It's like watching your house burn. "Oh no! The house is on fire!" And your neighbor saying "Why are you being so negative? You just want that house to burn, is what it is!" Or "Is this really worth talking about? Stop dwelling on the negative!"

My interpretation of things happening is not a desire for those things to continue to happen. My frustration with the past 3 months of Auburn football does not mean I want the next 11 months to resemble them. 

People have got to stop accusing the momentarily unhappy of being anti-Harsin. It's so insane.

Some, not you, don't appear to be momentarily unhappy, they appear to be perpetually unhappy as long as CBH is on staff. Over the last couple of days of reading your stuff, I now get that you aren't one of the perpetually unhappy guys just momentarily unhappy.  Like you pointed out there is a big difference between the two and I really appreciate you pointing out the difference.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

The thing is both of you guys should engage because you both bring some legitimately to the discussion. There are a handful of people from both sides who are 100% on way. Debates are great if there is checks and balances.

I appreciate the sentiment DAG and I'll admit I have been too heavy handed in my words on here towards some people and have gotten a little too hot with AUght2win in the past so I don't blame him for not wanting to engage.  

That has been my bad.   As I am reading some of his stuff today and the past few days, the realization that he is in the momentarily unhappy crowd and not the perpetually unhappy crowd has dawned on me.  Changes stuff a bit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Some, not you, don't appear to be momentarily unhappy, they appear to be perpetually unhappy as long as CBH is on staff. Over the last couple of days of reading your stuff, I now get that you aren't one of the perpetually unhappy guys just momentarily unhappy.  Like you pointed out there is a big difference between the two and I really appreciate you pointing out the difference.

And I understand the desire for positivity. We need it right now. And rest assured, I'll likely be at the home opener and PSU games next season yelling as loud as I can.

It's just that this is a football forum, and if a development like this can't be discussed, I don't know what threads we can even have on here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

And acknowledged respect I would like to add. If there is no respect, response just seems like bickering. These threads are meant to bring on debate it would seem to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

I appreciate the sentiment DAG and I'll admit I have been too heavy handed in my words on here towards some people and have gotten a little too hot with AUght2win in the past so I don't blame him for not wanting to engage.  

That has been my bad.   As I am reading some of his stuff today and the past few days, the realization that he is in the momentarily unhappy crowd and not the perpetually unhappy crowd has dawned on me.  Changes stuff a bit.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

And the optimist in me says we can still make this work. Harsin gets just a couple WR and OL from the portal, channels the negativity from fans and the PTB into a "us against the world" rallying cry like Tubbs after Jetgate. The culture sticks, Tank goes 1st round, recruiting gets better because of it, etc. The story of CBH is far from over. 

But I believe Jay G. Tate said a couple days back that this is a career defining moment for Harsin. It's happening right now. It's an inflexion point where he's either going to spring off the bottom for momentum to the top, or stay sunk.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

We're cool dude. . Just take it easy on the facepalm button, will ya? Haha

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Right. And for me, I can definitely discuss the football stuff and the moves he is making. You want to critique that, awesome lets talk. But some of this other stuff is so zealous it's a dang joke lol. Like come on. You want to talk about his coaching hire, cool. You want to critique the depth chart, alright. But we are getting to the point of TMZ now. I know we are down bad, but let's all not lose it. 

• Like 1