Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

15 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

talk about timing. i just got from a monthly get to gether with my oldest friend who id a preacher and a huge bama fan thos he has never been a jerk about it. shocking i know. i was told this goody and you can believe it or not as i have no idea and would want biscuits or wde to confirm or denie at least part of it. the word is harsin's wife cannot stand auburn or the south in general. why was not said but i was told win or lose harsin would be gone after next year. that is a pretty bold statement. now my friend is as honest as they come. his source who is tied in with my friends big brother who knows a ton of people. anyway my friend said he had no idea if it was true but he said it is common knowledge harsin has pissed off a whole lot of people for real. i am sure i will get attacked but lay off my friend because he told me he and his brother discussed it and he was just passing on to a close friend. i would bookmark this if  i knew how because i am interested in what happens. for the record wde and biscuit cannot stand harsin so he is doing something to ruffle feathers for a fact.

Been told through church contacts that Harsin’s wife doesn’t like it here, (The feeling is mutual with these Auburn ladies by the way) home sick etc. With that said, if Harsin can pull off 8 or 9 wins next year, I doubt he will go anywhere.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Bo's just an example of discord. Maybe it's fair, maybe it isn't. And I agree with you on the literalism.

People might want to break it down like I do. With each day and each move, things are either trending positive or negative. There is no stagnant/neutral, because in the SEC that is a negative.

So, objectively, I'm looking at:

5 game skid ⬇️, signing day ⬆️, Bobo fired ⬆️, Eason for Brumbaugh ⬇️, Mason leaving ⬇️, QB room changes ⬇️, Hudson dismissal ⬇️, coaching candidate strikeouts ⬇️, portal strikeouts ⬇️.

The exact words used and who the words were said to doesn't matter. If it happened, it's a negative because it exemplifies the discord between the parties. 

In a vacuum, no big deal. But it’s just another of a wave of negatives that are greatly outpacing the positives right now. 

That's why I'm concerned and I think a lot of others are concerned. We don't seem to be winning in any way, shape, or form right now. 

Way too much common sense for this place.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, AUght2win said:

That's true but it never made sense to me because unless he followed Bobo, he's gonna have a new one anyway. The most continuity possible for him was still Auburn, outside of going to UCF.

Well isn't Oregon's OC Dillingham who was Bo's first OC? I thought that was part of the reason he went to Oregon. Maybe I am wrong, but I was under the impression he was back under an OC he had before.

This Bo stuff is stupid, he told everyone why he left and his family further confirmed it.  He wanted unconditional gLorification of being great without ever being great.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 4

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

This Bo stuff is stupid, he told everyone why he left and his family further confirmed it.  He wanted unconditional gLorification of being great without ever being great.

Nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

talk about timing. i just got from a monthly get to gether with my oldest friend who id a preacher and a huge bama fan thos he has never been a jerk about it. shocking i know. i was told this goody and you can believe it or not as i have no idea and would want biscuits or wde to confirm or denie at least part of it. the word is harsin's wife cannot stand auburn or the south in general. why was not said but i was told win or lose harsin would be gone after next year. that is a pretty bold statement. now my friend is as honest as they come. his source who is tied in with my friends big brother who knows a ton of people. anyway my friend said he had no idea if it was true but he said it is common knowledge harsin has pissed off a whole lot of people for real. i am sure i will get attacked but lay off my friend because he told me he and his brother discussed it and he was just passing on to a close friend. i would bookmark this if  i knew how because i am interested in what happens. for the record wde and biscuit cannot stand harsin so he is doing something to ruffle feathers for a fact.

I'd be careful about rumors such as this. Your friend may have heard and repeated it in good faith, but this would be far from the first time the bammer network tried to spread gossip about Auburn.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'd be careful about rumors such as this. Your friend may have heard and repeated it in good faith, but this would be far from the first time the bammer network tried to spread gossip about Auburn.

Could be a Bammer stirring it up, but I've heard the exact same thing from a local that runs into her somewhat frequently at Publix...

With that being said, tons of people get homesick for quite some time after a big move, so I don't know if it's as big of a deal as some make it. 

If he starts winning and the millions keep coming in, I'm sure she will persevere. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Could be a Bammer stirring it up, but I've heard the exact same thing from a local that runs into her somewhat frequently at Publix...

With that being said, tons of people get homesick for quite some time after a big move, so I don't know if it's as big of a deal as some make it. 

If he starts winning and the millions keep coming in, I'm sure she will persevere. 

I remember there was quite a stir about some pants that someone in the family wore to a game.That was months ago, when the Harsin Experience was still very much in the honeymoon phase. Probably doesn't seem like a big deal to some but what you're discussing didn't just come out of nowhere. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I remember there was quite a stir about some pants that someone in the family wore to a game.That was months ago, when the Harsin Experience was still very much in the honeymoon phase. Probably doesn't seem like a big deal to some but what you're discussing didn't just come out of nowhere. 

i missed the pants thing. got time to address it?

21 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I’m sure she is going to share how much she dislikes Auburn to someone she runs into in Publix. That is extremely logical that someone with her background and experience would behave in this way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

There was a family pic when they first got here that circulated on another board, that could be what they're talking about?  I don't believe the Harsin family understood the  fish bowl they stepped into down here and I have sympathy for those unaware that Football is a religion in the South.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m sure she is going to share how much she dislikes Auburn to someone she runs into in Publix. That is extremely logical that someone with her background and experience would behave in this way.

Why is she doing her own shopping anyway?  BH makes enough to hire that menial task to house staff. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

It was one of the Harsin daughters.  This is who you are thinking of.  Personally I didn't think what she was wearing was that bad and wouldn't have thought twice about it.  I do know that the daughters have upset some of the staff because they don't stay up in the box and come down on the field and into the locker room during halftime and post-game.  I am not sure if that is normal or not so take it for what you will.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

There was a family pic when they first got here that circulated on another board, that could be what they're talking about?  I don't believe the Harsin family understood the  fish bowl they stepped into down here and I have sympathy for those unaware that Football is a religion in the South.  

Yep. Daughter was wearing tight leather pants. And they all generally dress, I dunno, less conservatively than most Auburn fans are used to? I've got absolutely no problem with any of it, of course, but I remember seeing them and thinking "The meemaws are going to have something to say about that". Seems they did.

Who knows what other cultural differences they might still be trying to overcome. Auburn is conservative even by deep south standards. I said many times when we hired him that Idaho is a lot more like Alabama than some realize, as it seemed folks were mistaking it for an Oregon or Washington. But I might have underestimated the nuanced differences that are between- or beyond- left or right. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

it was a discussion between two brothers and he just mentioned it. we have been friends for over fifty years and he does not play all that garbage.he told me to take it with a grain of salt.

i am not saying this as a slam because i do not doubt the pants thing but mrs harsin wears a ton of makeup and one of the first pictures posted of her at auburn  gave her a raccoon look. now i am not attacking her and she is free to do and wear pretty much what she wants but to me the pants and makeup stuff just do not appear to jive. if a woman is fussy about pants she would be fussy about makeup it would seem. it is that way with all the ladies i have know over the years. maybe it is a more rigid thing with their religion?

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not saying this as a slam because i do not doubt the pants thing but mrs harsin wears a ton of makeup and one of the first pictures posted of her at auburn  gave her a raccoon look. now i am not attacking her and she is free to do and wear pretty much what she wants but to me the pants and makeup stuff just do not appear to jive. if a woman is fussy about pants she would be fussy about makeup it would seem. it is that way with all the ladies i have know over the years. maybe it is a more rigid thing with their religion?

I don't think her appearance should be up for discussion here. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

maybe or maybe not. but you kid yourself if you do not think the first impression you give someone in life is the way you look and dress. this is a fact and i have heard this from folks in all walks of life.

19 minutes ago, cbo said:

Agreed, and hopefully I only presented my comments in the context of the conversation and differences that are potentially challenging for the family.

I should qualify those comments by stating that I, too, was once someone who moved from a very different place to Alabama and that my appearance- and desire to keep expressing my individuality in that way- was quite the obstacle for me for a few years. So I could very well just be projecting. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yep. Daughter was wearing tight leather pants. And they all generally dress, I dunno, less conservatively than most Auburn fans are used to? I've got absolutely no problem with any of it, of course, but I remember seeing them and thinking "The meemaws are going to have something to say about that". Seems they did.

Lord, that is just sad.

But when you move to a Third World country, it is best to learn the customs...

• Haha 7

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed, and hopefully I only presented my comments in the context of the conversation and differences that are potentially challenging for the family.

I should qualify those comments by stating that I, too, was once someone who moved from a very different place to Alabama and that my appearance- and desire to keep expressing my individuality in that way- was quite the obstacle for me for a few years. So I could very well just be projecting. 

I understood your point about cultural difference, which is a very real thing. I've experienced it too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Well, it happened, so there's that.