Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, selias said:

Just let him go, man. Talking rational with these folks is akin to this

communication-breakdown-picture-id471108

If it was up to people like you, nobody would talk about anything. I truly, truly don't understand guys like you and Didba.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't use the word "miserable", so I'm not sure why you did. But otherwise, yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Just like Travis Williams decided that being a full defensive coordinator for Gus was better than being a linebackers coach in Miami. 

Again, in Lindsey's case you're talking around $200k a year more. In Williams's case, you're talking about a promotion that he wasn't going to get somewhere else.

And Caleb Williams liked USC's $2 million offer more than our $1 million offer. 

Truly beyond me how any of this causes emotion or confusion. 

As opposed to maybe , just maybe things weren’t as bad as some insiders made it out to be? The narrative was pushed that he was upset and lied to when he came to Auburn. Or do you not remember this? But now he is willing to go back to all of that for more money ? Truly amazing logic. 

Edited by DAG

Just now, DAG said:

When did I say things were going great ? 

Well if this staff is producing disarray isn't it within the realm of possibility that dysfunction between Harsin and the PTB is happening? An example being, name calling and dislike between factions? 

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am saying I don’t believe for a single second an insider got wind of this. Been saying the same thing over and over . These same insiders have been wrong about way more prominent topics but now they are right about some juvenile comment that CBH supposedly made? Get real. And I know you enjoy this type of stuff so I won’t keep engaging with you over it. 

Also, to build off of this, I really have a hard time believing that the PTB (supposedly powerful and wealthy businessmen) are so fragile within their egos that CBH jokingly calling them the "potato gang" has burnt every bridge and destroyed every relationship.  C'mon man, these are grown men, business is business.  IF this happened at all, I would bet the PTB laughed it off while throwing a similar joke back at Harsin about mormons or farmers, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Well if this staff is producing disarray isn't it within the realm of possibility that dysfunction between Harsin and the PTB is happening? An example being, name calling and dislike between factions? 

You don’t listen do you? I am not saying there isn’t dislike. I am not saying he didn’t say it. I am saying I don’t think CBH is dumb enough to say it so bluntly where it would get back to them or any anonymous board. I absolutely believe there is some contentious because we are losing. When you are losing things are always tense. People are always on edge. At the same time , why don’t the people who know this info, cannot figure out who the heck he wants to hire (way more important information)? That is what make me questions the validity of it all. 

Edited by DAG

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Also, to build off of this, I really have a hard time believing that the PTB (supposedly powerful and wealthy businessmen) are so fragile within their egos that CBH jokingly calling them the "potato gang" has burnt every bridge and destroyed every relationship.  C'mon man, these are grown men, business is business.  IF this happened at all, I would bet the PTB laughed it off while throwing a similar joke back at Harsin about mormons or farmers, etc.

Right or which I am starting to see almost dating back to the last coaching hire , things aren’t a bad or as good as people on here make them out to be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

As opposed to maybe , just maybe things weren’t as bad as some insiders made it out to be? The narrative was pushed that he was upset and lied to when he came to Auburn. Or do you not remember this? But now he is willing to go back to all of that for more money ? Truly amazing logic. 

Yes, I remember it distinctly and I believe it to be true. The 2017 LSU game was reason enough. And then when he left here on *December 3rd* to take the same position at *Kansas* I had all the confirmation I needed.

Again, I really can't fathom where your confusion and emotion are coming from. I don't think there are very many people on this forum or in this world who wouldn't put up with some bull**** to double their salary. In fact, that's exactly how the real world usually works. How this is news to anyone... yeah, I dunno. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

If it was up to people like you, nobody would talk about anything. I truly, truly don't understand guys like you and Didba.

I love discussions, especially when its about something tangible that actually happened, like when Mason and Harsin parted ways.  That was some good talk from everyone involved that did have some extreme takes but for the most part was based on discussing something tangible that we know was occurring. Here, we are discussing something extremely intangible, unsubstantiated and based wholly off conjecture.  For me, there is much less to discuss regarding something like that as opposed to the Mason stuff. 

and its okay that you don't understand me, we are on vastly different wavelengths when it comes to our approaches and perspectives.  I don't really understand you either, but I at least enjoy your commentary 20-40% of the time unlike HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Yes, I remember it distinctly and I believe it to be true. The 2017 LSU game was reason enough. And then when he left here on *December 3rd* to take the same position at *Kansas* I had all the confirmation I needed.

Again, I really can't fathom where your confusion and emotion are coming from. I don't think there are very many people on this forum or in this world who wouldn't put up with some bull**** to double their salary. In fact, that's exactly how the real world usually works. How this is news to anyone... yeah, I dunno. 

No that’s how you may work. Don’t generalize what people do based on your own projection. But at least I know 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And with the ever-present comparisons to Saban being made, I can't believe nobody has made this one - he is absolutely horrible to work for. One former assistant described it as "working for the devil himself". Lane Kiffin is candid about it too.

Putting up with coaches you don't like seems to be a feature, not a bug, of coaching at the highest level. 

Which is also part of my disbelief at CDM leaving this platform job. Especially if he ends up at OK State or even worse, taking the year off. It means things were that bad that CDM was like: "Instead of sticking it out just one more year to make 1.5 million then dip for a HC or NFL gig, I'd rather just get out of here."

To the people dismissing this development as a nothing-burger, what *could* get you to perk up and ask questions if this doesn't? 

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm curious what offer you think TWill would have gotten that would have been better than DC at UCF? Same for Chip Lindsey.

For Gus's side of things, he's made it even more clear in Orlando than he did in Auburn that he doesn't love anything or anyone more than things and people he's already familiar with. I've never seen a man fit himself into smaller and smaller boxes like Gus has. 

I agree with you 100%.  But what purpose did it serve for that insider to blast TWill on this board and claim he was clueless in an interview about the most simplistic defensive schemes and coaching techniques?   TWill is gone, he didn't harm Auburn on his way out the door why should an insider blast him?

And this whole thing where supposedly CBH said about the PTB just makes no sense at all.  Why would BH the former Boise, Idaho (potato) HC call the Auburn PTB the potato gang?  Shouldn't it be the other way around? 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

No that’s how you may work. Don’t generalize what people do based on your own projection. But at least I know 

Your entire, pages-long diatribe about the potato gang comment is based on generalizing. 

And, yeah, I'm going to very comfortably continue making the generalization that most people would accept less ideal working conditions if they could add $200k to their annual salary. Especially if it is in a more prestigious position that fast tracks them to a better job when they leave.

And that's the other thing. He's unlikely to be there more than two years. It's not like he's committing to another 20 years of punching the clock at the factory, lol.

Just don't understand what's so dramatic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Your entire, pages-long diatribe about the potato gang comment is based on generalizing. 

And, yeah, I'm going to very comfortably continue making the generalization that most people would accept less ideal working conditions if they could add $200k to their annual salary. Especially if it is in a more prestigious position that fast tracks them to a better job when they leave.

And that's the other thing. He's unlikely to be there more than two years. It's not like he's committing to another 20 years of punching the clock at the factory, lol.

Just don't understand what's so dramatic. 

Generalizing but I am talking about it one isolated, specific incident. Again, your logic has been impeccable . I am generalizing but you are talking about factory workers haha. Keep it going. 

Edited by DAG

14 minutes ago, Didba said:

I at least enjoy your commentary 20-40% of the time unlike HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED.

The other 2 people on my ignore list: Mikey and Viper? :D

• Like 1

Just now, selias said:

The other 2 people on my ignore list: Mikey and Viper? :D

so weird... they are on mine as well...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I agree with you 100%.  But what purpose did it serve for that insider to blast TWill on this board and claim he was clueless in an interview about the most simplistic defensive schemes and coaching techniques?   TWill is gone, he didn't harm Auburn on his way out the door why should an insider blast him?

I mean, if it was true, then I don't see why he wouldn't. I'm sure he exaggerated a little but otherwise... shrug.

And this whole thing where supposedly CBH said about the PTB just makes no sense at all.  Why would BH the former Boise, Idaho (potato) HC call the Auburn PTB the potato gang?  Shouldn't it be the other way around? 

I have no idea. It's honestly not a big enough deal to me to waste my precious few brain cells on it. 

24 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Also, I PMed you several days ago about the insider stuff, dunno if you put me on your ignore list but I'd thought I'd just point it out.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Generalizing but I am talking about it one isolated, specific incident. Again, your logic has been impeccable . Keep it going. 

My logic's been very sound, yes. But no, I won't keep it going. Kinda like with Mikey. It doesn't really matter that I'm right. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

My logic's been very sound, yes. But no, I won't keep it going. Kinda like with Mikey. It doesn't really matter that I'm right. 

So now you want to be viper ? Lol. Okay big guy. You won the internet debate .

Edited by DAG

Really strange to see DAG and McLoofus going at it.  Two of the more reasonable posters usually on any subject.  Maybe, the Auburn Singularity is really coming about.  I blame Golf and BigBird for agreeing with each other that one time.  Destruction was sure to be wrought after that occurrence.

• Like 1