Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

Really strange to see DAG and McLoofus going at it.  Two of the more reasonable posters usually on any subject.  Maybe, the Auburn Singularity is really coming about.  I blame Golf and BigBird for agreeing with each other that one time.  Destruction was sure to be wrought after that occurrence.

Not strange at all lol. If you know me I am going to do my best to be as objective as possible even in situations that I can admit to being bias in. I am not one to mince my opinion just because I am supposedly cool with a poster.  Same thing when someone asked me about big bird. Great father , great coach and great poster. But just because he says something doesn’t mean I should take it as 100 % gospel. With that being said, all of this will be irrelevant when CBH picks it up and starts being successful on the plains. Things are always amplified when diversity strikes. I am confident and hopeful CBH will over come it. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 5

Not attempting to throw shade but I just want to objectively point out that the insider being referred to seemed very biased against CBH in the aforementioned post.  Please don't crucify me over this. Just my and a couple other's impression.

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Thanks y’all. Now I’m arguing with myself. I’m sending myself to my room for some reflection time.

Don’t bother, I tried it many times and it failed to help.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

If you know me I am going to do my best to be as objective as possible even in situations that I can admit to being bias in. I am not one to mince my opinion just because I am supposedly cool with a poster.  Same thing when someone asked me about big bird. Great father , great coach and great poster. But just because he says something doesn’t mean I should take it as 100 % gospel.

This right here is why you are one of my favorite reads on here.  How I try to be on here myself, though I fail at it all the time.

Another poster asked me the same thing, if I told you this info came from Bird or XYZ insider would you believe it? I said no, it's too outlandish.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, au302 said:

I'm in a wait and see with him right now, but there's clearly an agenda by some "insiders" in Auburn, who are very embarrassed that they've been cut off, to spread stupid bs like this and claim he's looking to bolt at first chance. If he bolts he bolts, who cares if he and Bobo made fun of the good ole boys. The horror

Nailed it!

The petty and juvenile insinuations about calling someone a potato for crying out proves your statement above.  Like my 2nd grade niece coming home to cry about a playmate calling her a poopoo head on the playground. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Another poster asked me the same thing, if I told you this info came from Bird or XYZ insider would you believe it? I said no, it's too outlandish.

So now that PTB confirmed it, what do we do? 

2 hours ago, au302 said:

…there's clearly an agenda by some "insiders" in Auburn, who are very embarrassed that they've been cut off…

It has become apparent to me that some insiders have lost their objectivity and have become agenda driven.  I find that very disappointing and very cabal like. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So looks like two possibilities.

1. Insiders are making stuff up about CBH out of spite for being cut off.

Or.

2. Insiders are relaying what's actually happening and their anger is based on what they are seeing. 

I'm inclined to believe the latter, considering all the things we know are true - like our 3 year starter leaving along with our DC.

By the way, has any other P5 multi-year starting quarterback transferred without a HC change or their job being in jeopardy? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

All I know is potato gang is not a very good insult. Is that even a thing people say? Is that the ultimate burn in Idaho or something? Did someone call the Idaho guys the potato gang first and then they turned it around on the PTB?

God what am I doing with my life 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Or.

2. Insiders are relaying what's actually happening and their anger is based on what they are seeing. 

I'm inclined to believe the latter, considering all the things we know are true - like our 3 year starter leaving along with our DC.

By the way, has any other P5 multi-year starting quarterback transferred without a HC change or their job being in jeopardy? 

I believe possibility 2 when it comes to the people who post on this site for the most part. I know there is a lot of noise elsewhere on the internet and at people's churches or whatever, but I only get my info here.

Anyway, I am sure there are some people who might have personal feelings about the various regimes, but I don't believe that those interfere significantly with the information they share.

I think a lot of folks who read that information are failing themselves by being way too literal and not understanding that everybody exaggerates most of what they type a little bit. If they would just understand that and stay cognizant of it while processing the information they read here, then these conversations might not get so ridiculous.

I don't think Bo Nix has anything to do with this and I don't think that it's really fair to look for precedent when the relaxed transfer rules are so new. I do think we will see more situations like that going forward. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Probably the wrong year to be asking this question with so many QBs on the move:  QB Musical Chairs

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't really want to get into this because I don't want to step on any toes on the donor/admin side of this site.  PM me if you want.

26 minutes ago, Didba said:

This right here is why you are one of my favorite reads on here.  How I try to be on here myself, though I fail at it all the time.

Right ? Like come on , we had people saying The whole defensive staff has a coup against Gus two years ago but then Gus literally hires one of the supposed culprits. That should raise some red flags 🚩. Yet, you got people trying to spin that, but I am a different type of cookie. I have just never been the type to just believe anything I hear, particularly if I don’t even know you as a person. Things aren’t as bad or as good as everyone wants to claim seems to be the trend. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

It has become apparent to me that some insiders have lost their objectivity and have become agenda driven.  I find that very disappointing and very cabal like. 

^

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Or.

How does that last question reflect the Nix situation? Literally most have stated he left bc his job was not guaranteed (In jeopardy).

Edited by Hank2020

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

All I know is potato gang is not a very good insult. Is that even a thing people say? Is that the ultimate burn in Idaho or something? Did someone call the Idaho guys the potato gang first and then they turned it around on the PTB?

See, now this is something worth talking about. I am also curious. I could see where a former race car driver might throw around potato in the sense of a couch potato as the worst insult that he knows. But that obviously is pure conjecture and I just really do want to know. Because it might actually be an awesome insult.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yeah, can we leave potatoes out of this please? They make fries, tots, vodka, hashbrowns…

Its like other veggies aren’t even trying.

In fact, I find being called a potato quite the compliment. Like being the Swiss army veggie.

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

I don't really want to get into this because I don't want to step on any toes on the donor/admin side of this site.  PM me if you want.

Hah, no, it ain't that deep. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, can we leave potatoes out of this please? They make fries, tots, vodka, hashbrowns…

Its like other veggies aren’t even trying.

In fact, I find being called a potato quite the compliment. Like being the Swiss army veggie.

Plus, potatoes are so versatile; mash em, sauté them, bake em, make em into like 15 different soups, au gratin, with onions and sausage... endless possibilities... BRB going to buy some taters

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

See, now this is something worth talking about. I am also curious. I could see where a former race car driver might throw around potato in the sense of a couch potato as the worst insult that he knows. But that obviously is pure conjecture and I just really do want to know. Because it might actually be an awesome insult.

9393C519-D4E5-4D5C-83A3-6C6D541BB834.gif

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I believe possibility 2 when it comes to the people who post on this site for the most part. I know there is a lot of noise elsewhere on the internet and at people's churches or whatever, but I only get my info here.

Anyway, I am sure there are some people who might have personal feelings about the various regimes, but I don't believe that those interfere significantly with the information they share.

I think a lot of folks who read that information are failing themselves by being way too literal and not understanding that everybody exaggerates most of what they type a little bit. If they would just understand that and stay cognizant of it while processing the information they read here, then these conversations might not get so ridiculous.

I don't think Bo Nix has anything to do with this and I don't think that it's really fair to look for precedent when the relaxed transfer rules are so new. I do think we will see more situations like that going forward. 

Bo's just an example of discord. Maybe it's fair, maybe it isn't. And I agree with you on the literalism.

People might want to break it down like I do. With each day and each move, things are either trending positive or negative. There is no stagnant/neutral, because in the SEC that is a negative.

So, objectively, I'm looking at:

5 game skid ⬇️, signing day ⬆️, Bobo fired ⬆️, Eason for Brumbaugh ⬇️, Mason leaving ⬇️, QB room changes ⬇️, Hudson dismissal ⬇️, coaching candidate strikeouts ⬇️, portal strikeouts ⬇️.

The exact words used and who the words were said to doesn't matter. If it happened, it's a negative because it exemplifies the discord between the parties. 

In a vacuum, no big deal. But it’s just another of a wave of negatives that are greatly outpacing the positives right now. 

That's why I'm concerned and I think a lot of others are concerned. We don't seem to be winning in any way, shape, or form right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Hah, no, it ain't that deep. 

Several others have opined on this very page, to the same type of opinion I would have given you so yeah its probably not a very big deal.