Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

You see this is why I have trouble distinguishing who doesn't like Harsin for football reasons and who doesn't like him because of who he is and where he's from. It's funny that the ladies at churches claim she doesn't like it here. These are the same people that supposedly don't like her because of the way they dress.

So it makes sense that they're spreading bs like that since they don't personally like them and want them gone, even if they were winning. I'm all for criticism football wise, but it's sad that so many in the auburn "family" want to run them out because they're not from the south and dress a little differently.

Edited by au302
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Ummm this took a weird turn, can we go back a few pages? 🛑🤷

Pick a spot where you want to pick it back up and I'll try to ride with you. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, au302 said:

You see this is why I have trouble distinguishing who doesn't like Harsin for football reasons and who doesn't like him because of who he is and where he's from. It's funny that the ladies at churches claim she doesn't like it here. These are the same people that supposedly don't like her because of the way they dress.

So it makes sense that they're spreading bs like that since they don't personally like them and want them gone, even if they were winning. I'm all for criticism football wise, but it's sad that so many in the auburn "family" want to run them out because they're not from the south and dress a little differently.

Got to distinguish personal vs professional critiquing. Why do people care so much about what his wife thinks is beyond me. Guess what? My significant other wouldn’t much like living in the south either due to the fact she grew up in Illinois. The south isn’t a haven for everyone. People have loss the ability to differentiate critiquing his coaching performance from personal vendettas 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lots of ebbs and flow. From coaching decisions, to family issues with the community/region, to AUF members arguing with each other about neither one. Seems like a fairly normal thread/day here. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I remember there was quite a stir about some pants that someone in the family wore to a game.That was months ago, when the Harsin Experience was still very much in the honeymoon phase. Probably doesn't seem like a big deal to some but what you're discussing didn't just come out of nowhere. 

I'm just gonna say one thing, in a very respectful way, that a lot of people have been thinking. After seeing some things on social media, it's apparent there is a huuuuge difference between the Harsin family's culture and Southern culture. 

Make of that what you will, I'll leave it at that.

Edited by AUght2win
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I will also add to the last, Coach Harsin deserves some questioning/criticism about in-game coaching decisions and recruiting failures. It does seem there are a handful that want to throw the baby out with the bath water. I want to give him four years or so (maybe less if it gets ridiculously bad) to ascertain if he can actually implement his vision fully and determine if it’s going to work or not. 

I will also add, not every relationship works out of course (sadly, see divorce rates). Perhaps Coach Harsin and Mason thought they could work together and make it work. It didn’t work out so they’ve moved on. I’ve been at my current job for A LONG time. If I weren’t paid above average and senior man in my division, which helps with family needs/obligations, I’d have moved on years ago. However, these are multi-millionaires and can move on a lot easier and quicker if they decide their situation isn’t exactly like they want it. Hopefully, the dissolution of their relationship works out best for AUburn and both coaches long term. 

Edited by aubearcat
  • Like 2

I’m glad I ignored work the past hour and read through this thread because it’s a masterpiece of a thread… all the way down to the church gossip. Incredible. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I want to give him four years or so (maybe less if it gets ridiculously bad) to ascertain if he can actually implement his vision fully and determine if it’s going to work or not. 

It's been all about 2023 for me since day 1. My meaningless, uninformed, personal expectations are a top-7 recruiting class and a top-10 finish on the field in 2023. I'm more flexible on the Ws and Ls as long as the recruiting is there and the team finishes better than it started.

Just typed a bunch more stuff and deleted it. I just wish folks would look at this as an ecosystem, or a puzzle. Lots and lots of interlocking pieces. Lots of little moving parts. Everyone wants these conversations to be so binary. No space for nuance. I wish I could just get used to it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Taco said:

I’m glad I ignored work the past hour and read through this thread because it’s a masterpiece of a thread… all the way down to the church gossip. Incredible. 

image.gif.ed8d185f8159c9a22adb112d328cfc54.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Taco said:

The church ladies that don't like Kes Harsin are saying that Kes Harsin hates it here and wants to leave. Guaranteed they're leaving 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not saying this as a slam because i do not doubt the pants thing but mrs harsin wears a ton of makeup and one of the first pictures posted of her at auburn  gave her a raccoon look. now i am not attacking her and she is free to do and wear pretty much what she wants but to me the pants and makeup stuff just do not appear to jive. if a woman is fussy about pants she would be fussy about makeup it would seem. it is that way with all the ladies i have know over the years. maybe it is a more rigid thing with their religion?

Nobody and I mean not a soul in Auburn is in any position to question what someone wears or how much make up another woman wears. Not sure where people come up with this foolishness.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's been all about 2023 for me since day 1. My meaningless, uninformed, personal expectations are a top-7 recruiting class and a top-10 finish on the field in 2023. I'm more flexible on the Ws and Ls as long as the recruiting is there and the team finishes better than it started.

Just typed a bunch more stuff and deleted it. I just wish folks would look at this as an ecosystem, or a puzzle. Lots and lots of interlocking pieces. Lots of little moving parts. Everyone wants these conversations to be so binary. No space for nuance. I wish I could just get used to it. 

This.  Anybody that thought the program would be turned around in one season is delusional.  Also, anybody that thought there every move/step that Harsin made would be perfect is also delusional.  

There is a cultural difference in people from the West & people who grew up in the South.  As someone who grew up in the South & currently lives out West (for the past 33 years,) I can speak with some authority on the subject.  It has more to do with independent thinking & live-and-let-live mentality than anything else.  I don't doubt for a moment that the Harsin clan may be clashing with the church ladies set down south.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

This.  Anybody that thought the program would be turned around in one season is delusional.  Also, anybody that thought there every move/step that Harsin made would be perfect is also delusional.  

There is a cultural difference in people from the West & people who grew up in the South.  As someone who grew up in the South & currently lives out West (for the past 33 years,) I can speak with some authority on the subject.  It has more to do with independent thinking & live-and-let-live mentality than anything else.  I don't doubt for a moment that the Harsin clan may be clashing with the church ladies set down south.  

But certainly not all AU fans were born and raised in the South. Inclusive is not just about race. If these are real issues, it’s on us not them, and is pretty shameful  in my southern book. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

The church ladies that don't like Kes Harsin are saying that Kes Harsin hates it here and wants to leave. Guaranteed they're leaving 

Haha. Grew up in the suburbs of Atlanta and church gossip was how I got my news in town. But I’ll say this. With all the stuff saying about the Harsin’s; they have 5 million reasons why to enjoy their time in the Friendliest Village in the Plains.  

• Like 2

I agree on 2023. But Harsin faces a real problem in 2022. And this is why he needs to be more personable like Bruce, as many have said.

Politics may seem pointless to some. And they mostly are if you strictly get results. But what they can do for a coach is buy him faith and therefore, more time.

From Day 1, Bruce broadcast his passion for the game, his belief in Auburn, and the importance he put on the fans. Now, fortunately, Bruce got results pretty quickly. But let's imagine Bruce had gotten off to a rough start, and by year 3 or 4 we were still struggling.

That's where the goodwill and fan belief he generated would pay off. It would help convince the fans to keep calm, carry on, and give Bruce more time to make it work.

With CBH, we don't have the on the field results. We don't have the recruiting results yet, either. CBH doesn't have a championship or P5 resume. So there's nothing particularly to inspire belief in him at the moment.

That's what he needs to be getting out and doing right now. Inspiring belief. Let us get to know him so we have reason to believe in him. 

If CBH bombs this fall, it's going to get very dicey for him. Very, very dicey. So now is the time for the PR campaign to get all Auburn fans on-board, believing in him, and believing in the future, so if/when the losses come, we'll still want him here for another season. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Nobody and I mean not a soul in Auburn is in any position to question what someone wears or how much make up another woman wears. Not sure where people come up with this foolishness.

Does nobody find it the least bit ironic the judgement of " church folk" on clothing? Funny stuff as always.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

And I doubt they even know or care, if this is true. These opinions are from a few message boarders and typical church gossip that happens all over. Probably not a reflection of the views of the entire town. His son's a QB at the high school, so I'm sure they've found community and friends through that. At least I hope they have.

1 minute ago, au302 said:

And I doubt they even know or care, if this is true. These opinions are from a few message boarders and typical church gossip that happens all over. Probably not a reflection of the views of the entire town. His son's a QB at the high school, so I'm sure they've found community and friends through that. At least I hope they have.

Yep.  Lots of projection going on as to who said what & how they think -- have no idea if it's true.  Good point re the QB son at the high school.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man.

From speculation and spud shaming to leather pants and church gossip, it’s all a day in the life of the AUFam…

I feel like I'm watching wrestling with people who think it's real. And with people who think it's entirely fake. And neither group can be convinced otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Yep.  Lots of projection going on as to who said what & how they think -- have no idea if it's true.  Good point re the QB son at the high school.  

Gossip is not just an Auburn Alabama culture problem. It is a people problem. Would be good if AU fans ( wherever they live,  work, do life) was accepting of others. Doesn’t necessarily mean we let anyone determine our own core beliefs, but this is in reference to a CFB coach and his family and how we should treat them.

I feel like I'm watching wrestling with people who think it's real. And with people who think it's entirely fake. And neither group can be convinced otherwise.

This is probably the best description of all the descriptions.

E81A7B20-F1F6-439D-9144-FCB310233781.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is the perfect description. You win today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cbo said:

I don't think her appearance should be up for discussion here. 

clutches meet pearls, apparently...