Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

15 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

It is very true that he and AG both alienated a major portion of our base (which like it or not includes the PTB and their $-bringing companies/NIL support and yes—their $ to compensate for $ lost in 2021–as we operated in a deficit) that will NOT help him unless he can win and win quickly. 

But this is the problem with Auburn. Money makes the world go round, now more than ever, but for these boosters to pull their money from the University and it’s programs because they personally do not like someone is absolutely ridiculous. They’ve got the right to go where they want with their money. I got no argument there and frankly my opinion probably doesn’t matter because I ain’t got money to give. I just know that no hurt feelings or inadequacy I felt on my part would ever make me pull my support from the University. With all that has been said I just question where the animosity is truly coming from. Is it the losing record or is it that he hurt their feelings and they feel disrespected? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

But this is the problem with Auburn. Money makes the world go round, now more than ever, but for these boosters to pull their money from the University and it’s programs because they personally do not like someone is absolutely ridiculous. They’ve got the right to go where they want with their money. I got no argument there and frankly my opinion probably doesn’t matter because I ain’t got money to give. I just know that no hurt feelings or inadequacy I felt on my part would ever make me pull my support from the University. With all that has been said I just question where the animosity is truly coming from. Is it the losing record or is it that he hurt their feelings and they feel disrespected? 

It’s a business. Sorry. 

It’s that he’s losing, AND he doesn’t endear himself to those that matter. Sorry again. 

Edited by passthebiscuits
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s a business. Sorry. 

It’s that he’s losing, AND he doesn’t endear himself to those that matter. Sorry again. 

You’re right, it is a business. However this university never seems to be ran as the business it is. I can understand the losing but I doubt the validity that he’d still be given a fair chance if he was winning and still being disrespectful (as they believe him to be). There seems to be far too many egos involved. 

Side note: Not directing any of this towards you. I appreciate the insider information. Just airing my grievances in general. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s a business. Sorry. 

pretty stupid by the PTB imo, setting Auburn back with their pettiness. And that is the opposite of "its business."

Edited by Didba
  • Like 5

I just think all these rumors, tips, inside info is just petty for all these key players in creating a successful new football program. 

if they didn’t like him from the start that’s not Harsin’s fault. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

You’re right, it is a business. However this university never seems to be ran as the business it is. I can understand the losing but I doubt the validity that he’d still be given a fair chance if he was winning and still being disrespectful (as they believe him to be). There seems to be far too many egos involved. 

Side note: Not directing any of this towards you. I appreciate the insider information. Just airing my grievances in general. 

But its not business, the PTB are being petty, and made it personal. Most businessmen would set this stuff aside for the overall future of the program. IE I don't like you but you are here so let's send it and try to win for auburn.

What about the players??? There are a lot of surprising stays. I know some supposedly left bc of his abrasiveness but many stayed that could have gone.  Hanging up and listening….

30 minutes ago, Didba said:

But its not business, the PTB are being petty, and made it personal. Most businessmen would set this stuff aside for the overall future of the program. IE I don't like you but you are here so let's send it and try to win for auburn.

Absolutely correct. It’s a business but certainly not being ran like a business with all the crying and the egos, from grown men at that. 

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s a business. Sorry. 

So would they be willing to support anyone besides, say, Rhett Lashlee? I've made very clear who I think we should realistically get (I hope) if CBH doesn't work out, so I wonder what level of a hire we're actually capable of getting.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s a business. Sorry. 

Endearing yourself to “those that matter” is the last line on the CFB business model.

The lost revenue was from fall of ‘20 thru summer ‘21 (school year). If you read between the lines, we would have had a nice surplus if fans had been allowed in full at football and basketball games that school year. We will likely be in great shape after this school year.
It is hard to break the way of the old money at AU. I graduated in ‘85 and have watched this happen. He has to keep things in house to help him get things right. The man has been here for 1 year. Have an opinion but be reasonable. 

Lead, follow, or get out of the way, SOMEBODY - but for the love of God, the worst situation is when everyone just stands around doing none of the above! There don't appear to be any parties guilty of too much love, but outright sabotage seems hyperbolic. Passive aggressive sabotage? Is that a thing? Meanwhile, the conspicuous and unexplained actions and inactions (from all parties) leave countless hectares of field the be plowed and replowed by fans, media, and opponents, to no good end.

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Chicken, egg and cheese biscuit from CFA.

Could do much worse. I'm not crazy about their biscuits, though. 

Edited by cbo
Catching up and realizing we are now discussing matters of substance and not fast food breakfast. Fine, I guess.
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s a business. Sorry. 

You see, that's where I, as one with no insight, scratch my head. We're not unique with meddling boosters. We need an AD that commands the respect of them, but that's another story. If he wins, I bet they turn the cheek, just like with Tubs.

All any of us have asked for is for him to get a fair shot, like most every coach. We don't want to get into a revolving door like Tennessee, Arkansas, etc. The comfort I take is that I think the President, the General, etc. seem like fair and competent people that will look at this sensibly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

You question whether or not you can be disrespectful to the PTB as long as you're winning? Of course you can. Tubbs did it. Dude, Pat Dye was basically barred from the building for a good chunk of Tubbs' tenure. That was the ultimate slap to the face of the PTB at that time. And after Jetgate + the 2004 season, the fans absolutely abhorred the PTB. The true power always, always, always lies with who can produce wins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Absolutely correct. It’s a business but certainly not being ran like a business with all the crying and the egos, from grown men at that. 

And you can have that stance from afar. But it's actually not a business for the PTB. Unless you're talking NIL money. And all indications are that the NIL cash is still flowing, as Tank has a rumored big deal coming.

The big money the PTB gives is basically charity to the school and/or, like it or not, off the books cash to buy players under the table. It would be hard for me to give a million or two of my hard earned cash to a football program if the leader of the program is disrespectful to me.

I mean, all that would be required is a modicum of respect for the contribution. But if not even that is given, then nah, I don't think I could give away loads of cash to the guy and his program. 

All that being said, I have no idea the level of alienation and disrespect involved. Maybe the PTB are too sensitive. Maybe CBH truly is a dick. Maybe it's somewhere in the middle.

What's 100% true is this is all silly and unprofessional and totally avoidable.

Lmao saying we need an AD to command the ptb respect is as dumb as women who say they need a man strong enough to "act right" 

But of course more problems from the boosters huh? All this dumb back and forth isn't needed. We are bad because we do stuff to ourselves to be bad. Period. Stop all the scape goating on everybody else. We get on the field what we deserve

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lmao saying we need an AD to command the ptb respect is as dumb as women who say they need a man strong enough to "act right" 

But of course more problems from the boosters huh? All this dumb back and forth isn't needed. We are bad because we do stuff to ourselves to be bad. Period. Stop all the scape goating on everybody else. We get on the field what we deserve

Why is that wrong? Look at LSU and Woodward. The handed him a blank check and told him to get the job done. He went and got Brian Kelly. No drama about multiple factions for this guy, that guy, etc. It was one guy in charge, him. He's from BR, so he knows all their money men, but he's also a shrewd dude that commands a room and will do what it takes. AG seems like a good dude, but by all accounts he likes it more behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

I highly doubt that the church ladies gossip as much as Auburn fans. There is nothing to make me think otherwise. If there are honestly women in this day and age that takes issue with other women wearing pants then they need to shut up and be confined to a cell for their stupidity. They are a detriment to society. 

I do not care what the PTB have in their bank accounts. I do not care what their businesses are worth. They should absolutely stay out of football because they have proven time and again that they suck at it. Give up the money. Roam the sidelines. Have the coaches kiss their butts and stay out of decisions. The money should be for their access and not the decision making ability. There is no benevolence when you expect to make decisions and meddle. They get no respect from me because of it. The same things happen time and again. One faction wants one thing and the other wants another. One side feeds information to PAM and the other to JG. A lot of it ends up on the on the national scene with the trash like Thamel. Rumors and gossip costing the team time and again. Doing more damage to Auburn than bama or uga could ever do. God as my witness, if I had the money I'd get them cut out of the athletic department for the sake of Auburn. 

its-hard-to-keep-up-with-the-daily-drama

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Pretty sad to come on here and see pages of posters criticizing how Harsin’s wife looks.   

Leave his family alone.  Period.  

For the record, as a woman myself, I have always thought Kes Harsin dresses cute and on trend.  She has an amazing figure she obviously works very hard for….if I was her I’d flaunt it too.   If the church ladies don’t like that well….I’m not here to impress the gossipy church ladies either and wouldn’t want to be in a “church” with those “ladies”.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Pretty sad to come on here and see pages of posters criticizing how Harsin’s wife looks.   

Leave his family alone.  Period.  

For the record, as a woman myself, I have always thought Kes Harsin dresses cute and on trend.  She has an amazing figure she obviously works very hard for….if I was her I’d flaunt it too.   If the church ladies don’t like that well….I’m not here to impress the gossipy church ladies either and wouldn’t want to be in a “church” with those “ladies”.  

It’s sad you got 40 year old grown men with kids acting like teenagers lol. This is where we are at right now though. I also think she has an eye for fashion. It is nice to bring a west coast look down here 

Edited by DAG

4 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I highly doubt that the church ladies gossip as much as Auburn fans. There is nothing to make me think otherwise. If there are honestly women in this day and age that takes issue with other women wearing pants then they need to shut up and be confined to a cell for their stupidity. They are a detriment to society. 

I do not care what the PTB have in their bank accounts. I do not care what their businesses are worth. They should absolutely stay out of football because they have proven time and again that they suck at it. Give up the money. Roam the sidelines. Have the coaches kiss their butts and stay out of decisions. The money should be for their access and not the decision making ability. There is no benevolence when you expect to make decisions and meddle. They get no respect from me because of it. The same things happen time and again. One faction wants one thing and the other wants another. One side feeds information to PAM and the other to JG. A lot of it ends up on the on the national scene with the trash like Thamel. Rumors and gossip costing the team time and again. Doing more damage to Auburn than bama or uga could ever do. God as my witness, if I had the money I'd get them cut out of the athletic department for the sake of Auburn. 

its-hard-to-keep-up-with-the-daily-drama

Now you've gone and done it.  You won't be invited to the (insularly-affluent old timer) yacht club cocktail hour with that sort of talk.

NotOurSortOfPeople_sm.jpeg

• Like 1