Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Pretty sad to come on here and see pages of posters criticizing how Harsin’s wife looks.  

Is it really that, though? I only saw one person actually offer a personal opinion on her appearance. (Actually, there might have been a second whose opinion was maybe, uh, overly positive.)

What I have seen pages and pages of is people misrepresenting and blowing out of proportion the notion that some people from a different part of the country and, presumably, some different sensibilities might move to the most conservative corner of the country- in every way possible- and the locals might have opinions that they don't keep entirely to themselves.

How that turned into a big deal, I have no idea. I mean, I realize it's the same reason that everything that gets said on this site gets misrepresented and blown out of proportion. But as much time as I've spent here, I've never understood how a person who is smart enough to log onto a website and read words can look at, "People who aren't used to other people dressing a certain way" and repeat it back as "The church ladies want to run the Harsins out of town!"

The really sad part is it's that person who inevitably turns around and complains about "drama", as if they weren't the one who created it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is it really that, though? I only saw one person actually offer a personal opinion on her appearance. (Actually, there might have been a second whose opinion was maybe, uh, overly positive.)

What I have seen pages and pages of is people misrepresenting and blowing out of proportion the notion that some people from a different part of the country and, presumably, some different sensibilities might move to the most conservative corner of the country- in every way possible- and the locals might have opinions that they don't keep entirely to themselves.

How that turned into a big deal, I have no idea. I mean, I realize it's the same reason that everything that gets said on this site gets misrepresented and blown out of proportion. But as much time as I've spent here, I've never understood how a person who is smart enough to log onto a website and read words can look at, "People who aren't used to other people dressing a certain way" and repeat it back as "The church ladies want to run the Harsins out of town!"

The really sad part is it's that person who inevitably turns around and complains about "drama", as if they weren't the one who created it. 

Criticizing his wife has nothing to do with CBH the football coach . Again grown men rationalizing this behavior. Grow up bro

• Like 1

The problem is with high-powered businessmen and women is they will all have an ego to an extent.  It is what drives them to be as successful as they are to be able to donate.  These boosters are donating a lot of their own money to the university (money that they can no longer write off due to tax law changes if it is for athletics so that incentive is gone).  They are contributing to Harsin's salary and if they don't like what they are seeing then they will want him gone.  It is the same as if he were their employee.  The AD should have control, I agree but that is just the way it is with all universities with big time boosters.  If they are donating millions, they probably want to see their money being put to good use and not be disrespected.  Remember, it was the boosters that got the money together to buy-out Gus to get him gone.  

And yes, many of these wealthy people are also petty.  They all want to be top dog.  I see it all of the time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Criticizing his wife has nothing to do with CBH the football coach . Again grown men rationalizing this behavior. Grow up bro

If it has nothing to do with CBH the football coach, has no place on this specific forum. Just my opinion.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

If it has nothing to do with CBH the football coach, has no place on this specific forum. Just my opinion.

Right ? How someone can rationalize that this is okay is a freaking joke. The fact that she even got bought up on here is problematic 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am genuinely unaware of what you are talking about.

Who criticized his wife besides one person, evidently?

Grow up? 

Gonna need you to use your words better. Bro.

Just now, McLoofus said:

I am genuinely unaware of what you are talking about.

Who criticized his wife besides one person, evidently?

Grow up? 

Gonna need you to use your words better. Bro.

The point is not a single person should even be talking about her . Whether it is one or 100. The fact that you even rationalize that is ridiculous and gossipy. That has nothing to do with the football program. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

CBH the football coach has a family and I'd venture a guess that their happiness has something to do with how long he remains our football coach. 

I agree that offering personal opinions on his family members is problematic and I'd never do it myself on this or any other public forum. It's a  shame that one or maybe two people did. But acknowledging that they might have different sensibilities that don't mesh well with general local sentiment shouldn't have folks here clutching their pearls and freaking out as they have. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

The point is not a single person should even be talking about her . Whether it is one or 100. The fact that you even rationalize that is ridiculous and gossipy. That has nothing to do with the football program. 

Maybe dial down the emotions and dial up the clearheaded cognitive abilities. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Maybe dial down the emotions and dial up the clearheaded cognitive abilities. 

Says the guy who wrote a whole book about how it’s okay to speak about another man’s wife public appearance. This isn’t the view. You still haven’t answered my question . How does offering gossip about his wife preference advance the discussion about CBH the coach? Are you can keep deflecting like you’ve been doing all morning.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Says the guy who wrote a whole book about how it’s okay to speak about another man’s wife public appearance.

So that's what you took from my comments. Huh.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

You still haven’t answered my question .

Until now, you hadn't asked one...

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

How does offering gossip about his wife preference advance the discussion about CBH the coach?

...and yet I have already articulated an answer to this.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Are you can keep deflecting like you’ve been doing all morning.

I haven't deflected anything at all. You're just in your emotions and acting out. And struggling to comprehend fairly simple ideas. I'm not going to continue participating with that. 

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So that's what you took from my comments. Huh.

Until now, you hadn't asked one...

...and yet I have already articulated an answer to this.

I haven't deflected anything at all. You're just in your emotions and acting out. And struggling to comprehend fairly simple ideas. I'm not going to continue participating with that. 

Of course because you have no answer. There is NO reason to be talking about this man's wife. Certain things should be off limits, especially when we are supposed to be talking about football. You want to act like this all almighty rational poster until somebody challenges your thoughts and ideas.  DEFLECTION. 

Edited by DAG

12 hours ago, Didba said:

But its not business, the PTB are being petty, and made it personal. Most businessmen would set this stuff aside for the overall future of the program. IE I don't like you but you are here so let's send it and try to win for auburn.

Historically that's the way it's always been with them though.  I remember when Jay Jacobs was AD and they wouldn't help fund the badly needed FOF?  They piece-milled all improvements (recruiting wing, new locker rooms, and that monstrosity Aubietron) but Jacobs constantly had to "go back the the drawing board" on large capital projects.

They've ultimately held Auburn hostage many time by withdrawing their support & funds to the point where it seems we're continuously on the back foot and have to climb a steep hill in order to attempt to get on a level playing field with our main rivals. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JerryAU said:

Historically that's the way it's always been with them though.  I remember when Jay Jacobs was AD and they wouldn't help fund the badly needed FOF?  They piece-milled all improvements (recruiting wing, new locker rooms, and that monstrosity Aubietron) but Jacobs constantly had to "go back the the drawing board" on large capital projects.

They've ultimately held Auburn hostage many time by withdrawing their support & funds to the point where it seems we're continuously on the back foot and have to climb a steep hill in order to attempt to get on a level playing field with our main rivals. 

Just WIN Baby!!! All will be good.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

As annoying as they may be, this is how it is almost anywhere you work or any type of organization. Honestly, it is not smart to piss off people with influence unless you got power yourself. Nick Saban can do it because at the end of the day he is winning and making them money. But if you are losing...you cannot alienate everyone. CBH wins and it will be all good.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Didba said:

the real question to be answered is where do you all stand on the great fried chicken debate...

Zaxby's v Guthries v Chickfila v Foosacks

Tenda Chick any day

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OB4AU said:

The lost revenue was from fall of ‘20 thru summer ‘21 (school year). If you read between the lines, we would have had a nice surplus if fans had been allowed in full at football and basketball games that school year. We will likely be in great shape after this school year.

Right, but the SEC gave each school $43 million in covid relief to help with finances.  And IF boosters actually footed the bill to can the previous staff, then we ended up in a bigger hole.  yikes

42 minutes ago, aubcali said:

JF Fingers.  

Dude. Right next to the Goalpost. That giant box of tendies and various fried appetizers for like $5. Lived off that and the $1 chicken Italians around the corner freshman year. 

• Love 1

15 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s a business. Sorry. 

A great way to run a business is to undermine your CEO, talk negatively about him, have insiders leaking negative things to the public (death by a thousand tiny cuts), and threatening to take your ball and go home (i.e. money donations). That usually ends up with a successful business right?

15 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s that he’s losing, AND he doesn’t endear himself to those that matter. Sorry again. 

So because he came into a very possible losing situation, the smart thing to do is to make it harder for him to turn things around.  Whatever happened to the mindset, that if you can't support something, go ahead and resign and find something somewhere you can support? And, IMO that would include you.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I just don’t understand those that say “we deserve this.” No one has fired the guy for not liking him. No one is being petty. Every—read every—job a person ever has will be dependent on getting along with those that hire you or sign your paycheck. 

How is this different? Nobody ran on the field and said blow a 25 point lead at home to miss state. Nobody told him to lose to South Carolina. C’mon people. Scapegoat is right…Auburn being auburn blames this mysterious group of PTB whenever something goes awry. Untrue. The PTB that I know LOVE the University and donate millions to keep it going in the right direction. For the love of all, why would you throw stones at them for a coach coming in and basically turning his nose up at them? They didn’t hire him and they sure as heck won’t fire him, but they do get to say how much money they are willing to pour into the program as it capsizes under his leadership (or not—there are many who think he will work out—good on ya.)

Bottom line is that he will either work out or he won’t. And I’m sorry but it IS a business. Pearl and Leath were like oil and water…but Pearl is a winner! If Harsin wins, he will be ok. 

Your clearly don't understand pettiness, business, or people "loving" the university putting themselves before it. Sorry, I know your are well respected and rightfully so but this is such a bad take to me.

They love auburn but they think Harsin is uncouth and impolite bc he's not exactly like us so let's sabotage the program by withholding funds, oh and if anyone says something just say "it's business". Like, no that's pettiness. I may be reading too much into what you are saying but that's how it comes across to me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

A great way to run a business is to undermine your CEO, talk negatively about him, have insiders leaking negative things to the public (death by a thousand tiny cuts), and threatening to take your ball and go home (i.e. money donations). That usually ends up with a successful business right?

So because he came into a very possible losing situation, the smart thing to do is to make it harder for him to turn things around.  Whatever happened to the mindset, that if you can't support something, go ahead and resign and find something somewhere you can support? And, IMO that would include you.

Thank you! Couldn't have said it better myself.

2 hours ago, JerryAU said:

No, no, you don't understand... that's just business...

Is there anything that Harsin needs financially that he isn't getting?

Was there an assistant coach that he wasn't able to hire because he couldn't afford him? Is there a facility that he has requested but been denied? Have we stopped progress on the FOF?

Are we sure that the PTB have participated at all in negative information slipping out? Has any negative information slipped out other than Harsin openly mocking the PTB themselves?

Have they done anything as damaging to CBH's reputation as Mason just did quite on his own, or as Harsin did himself by hiring two dudes who weren't even worthy of keeping until the bowl game? Or by keeping an OL coach who doesn't seem to have improved the level of talent or the talent he already had available?

TL;DR How *specifically* are the PTB making Harsin's job harder in January 2022?

• Like 2