Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

I’m not sure if anyone on here actually knows what’s going on. And if they do they’re not gonna say anything. Not a helpful post, but that’s how I see this going down.

I also don’t think there is any evidence that CDM, or anyone for that matter, is disgusted with CBH and/or how he is running things. At least I haven’t seen it. It just seems to be another possible hypothesis for why CDM and some players are leaving

• Like 2

This thread only goes one way and it's all based on things none of us know. The presumption is that all that has been going on it bad. It could be, it might not be. The facts are unlikely to be known around the departure of DM. I can say that if he did not want to be here for whatever reason, it is good that he resigned. I personally liked him and would liked for him to have stayed. But he did not and that's that. 

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I feel like it was pretty obvious looking back on all the events. Masin and Harsin, at a minimum, mutually decided to part ways. Maybe leaning towards Mason quit and Harsin agreed to let him find a job before splitting. 

Nearly every big college DC opening had Mason tied to it. That seems like too much of a coincidence to me. After not landing a job,  they split. Mason resigned and Harsin promoted his guy. 

Whether CDM officially left on his own or was fired doesn't matter much to me. Biggest questions are the ones surrounding the parting ways.

What's pretty inarguable is that this wasn't the plan when CDM was brought on board. So

1. CDM want out *first* or was he pushed out? (It looks pretty clear CDM wanted out, but not positive.)

2. Did CBH *never* truly want him but was forced to hire him by the PTB, as some claim?

Edited by AUght2win

5 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Basically Gramps isn’t getting insider information so he is making up his own. 

Well when I have to lean on geniuses like you, I guess it really is hopeless.

Remember that time you said CDM wasn't a hot ticket as a coordinator?

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I get coaches have ego's, but most aren't going to pass up 2-3 million dollars.  If Mason was being fired, he'd have taken that buyout like Bobo

Very true...unlike some who pretend they know it all, I have no clue what really went on.

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Which poster is mad their source got cut off?  Is that poster PAM??

He's talking about me. He's one of these who doesn't like for there to be football threads on a football forum.

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I’m not sure if anyone on here actually knows what’s going on. And if they do they’re not gonna say anything. Not a helpful post, but that’s how I see this going down.

I also don’t think there is any evidence that CDM, or anyone for that matter, is disgusted with CBH and/or how he is running things. At least I haven’t seen it. It just seems to be another possible hypothesis for why CDM and some players are leaving

Some players are leaving everywhere!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jknighton said:

Very true...unlike some who pretend they know it all, I have no clue what really went on.

Then maybe stop posting? Why do you guys clutter up these threads with your BS? Nobody cares if you're a conscientious objector to someone else's thread.

Believe it or not, some people on these boards do have connections and do hear things. They sometimes even divulge. And at the very least there are some people who have watched football a long time who can help dissect things even without insider info.

Go back and read the OP. I want to know more about the rumor that Harsin is hamstringed by the PTB. If you don't have any contribution to that topic, WHY are you here?

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Whether CDM officially left on his own or was fired doesn't matter much to me. Biggest questions are the ones surrounding the parting ways.

What's pretty inarguable is that this wasn't the plan when CDM was brought on board. So

1. CDM want out *first* or was he pushed out? (It looks pretty clear CDM wanted out, but not positive.)

2. Did CBH *never* truly want him but was forced to hire him by the PTB, as some claim?

From everything I've read on various sites. The most consistent is #1. No one was forced on Harsin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

My gut instinct is telling me that something is off somewhere. I guess we'll see. Harsin has gotten rid of 3 coaches that he hired.....he seems to have done a poor job. That's more than taking a chance on 1 guy. 

You have been saying this since Day 1 of Harsin's tenure lmao. You hate the guy and want him to fail. You want something to be off.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

He's talking about me. He's one of these who doesn't like for there to be football threads on a football forum.

Damn it you caught me!!!  Not much gets by you does it? 

I hate football being discussed on football threads and I will do everything in my power to put a stop to it. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Why do you guys clutter up these threads with your BS?

Bless your heart ♥. This is literally your clutter that I posted on. I won't make that mistake again though...I literally feel like I've been trapped in a room with fresh paint after talking to you.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Truthers: Dereck Mason was hired and didn’t succeed. What a terrible hire. 
Also truthers: Mason was hired. He and Harsin relationship didn’t work out. Harsin is an awful coach and made bad hires. 
Also truthers: If you don’t think Harsin is a bad hire, you’re an “apologist”. 

Those waiting to see: Harsin and those in the middle just can’t win 🤷🏻‍♂️

I amazed that the Gus Apologists have taken the term I coined and have started using it against the "those in the waiting and seeing department".  In a very "no, u" fashion lmao

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

From everything I've read on various sites. The most consistent is #1. No one was forced on Harsin

And that's what makes the most sense. I don't believe he would come here if he had those kinds of limitations and I don't believe the PTB currently has that kind of power, evidenced by the Harsin hire.

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

I amazed that the Gus Apologists have taken the term I coined and have started using it against the "those in the waiting and seeing department".  In a very "no, u" fashion lmao

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

You think you COINED the use of the term "apologist"? Wooooow.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

the point of this thread is to hopefully gain some insight on what IS and ISN'T made up.

there is literally zero insight any of us can actually give into what is going on behind the scenes of the program.  SO the thread is fairly pointless besides giving another place for people with extremely polarized views on Harsin to come in and bicker.

I, for one, am enjoying the fireworks and the funny gifs.

1 hour ago, TheDob06 said:

Thanks for posting this. It had been a while since we've had a meltdown thread on here.

jack-nicholson-laugh2.gif

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

You have been saying this since Day 1 of Harsin's tenure lmao. You hate the guy and want him to fail. You want something to be off.

It is ridiculous to think someone wants Harsin to fail just because they have questions about what is going on. I also am very concerned about what is going on but certainly want Harsin to succeed. But these people saying next year could be worse can’t really think Auburn will accept back to back losing seasons. Has not happened since Barfield and no reason that it should now. You can be unhappy with things and still hope he can be successful. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

there is literally zero insight any of us can actually give into what is going on behind the scenes of the program. 

Is that b/c it isn't known or he will not believe you.  Srs question here.  

13 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Damn it you caught me!!!  Not much gets by you does it? 

I hate football being discussed on football threads and I will do everything in my power to put a stop to it. 

This cracked me up lol

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Is that b/c it isn't known or he will not believe you.  Srs question here.  

Little bit of A, little bit of B but mostly A.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

It is ridiculous to think someone wants Harsin to fail just because they have questions about what is going on. I also am very concerned about what is going on but certainly want Harsin to succeed. But these people saying next year could be worse can’t really think Auburn will accept back to back losing seasons. Has not happened since Barfield and no reason that it should now. You can be unhappy with things and still hope he can be successful. 

This is true for most posters but the poster I am referring to doesn't fall into your first sentence's category.  She hates CBH and has basically said as much bc he isn't a southern good ole boy christian.  The evidence is in her post history.  I bet I could go back to the day Harsin was hired and find a negative post regarding the hire and denigrating that we fired the lord and savior that is Gus Malzahn.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

You think you COINED the use of the term "apologist"? Wooooow.

No "Gus Apologist" is what I said not "apologist", and I had not seen it used on here before I came and starting throwing it around but no in all seriousness I don't think I coined "Gus Apologist".

Edited by Didba

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Little bit of A, little bit of B but mostly A.

You're new, but's been explained to you, by other posters on other posts, that there *are* actually some insiders on this board. 

• Facepalm 1