So thinking ahead...

Butthead

You think Jabari will get significantly more minutes come Touney time?  

I understand first round is in Greenville should AU get the 1 seed.  Anyone booked hotels?  How are tickets allocated?

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

I rather doubt it. One of the selling points Coach Pearl had for Jabari and his dad was that the depth of the team would allow Pearl to limit the mileage on Jabari during his stay in college. And, truthfully, I think we're better with everyone rested as well as our depth allows us to rest.

• Like 3

Significantly, No. More, Yes. Pearl is alreadying showing shortening of the bench in these bigger games. I think you will continue to seem him get 30+ in these type games. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Butthead said:

I understand first round is in Greenville should AU get the 1 seed.  Anyone booked hotels?  How are tickets allocated?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Jabari, for all of talent, is one of the least selfish players I have ever seen.  I do have no doubt however, if he is asked to carry us on his back, he will comply.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

Significantly, No. More, Yes. Pearl is alreadying showing shortening of the bench in these bigger games. I think you will continue to seem him get 30+ in these type games. 

I noticed that Saturday. 

5 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

I noticed that Saturday. 

Yep.  Cambridge played only eight minutes.  Lior Berman played none.

11 hours ago, Butthead said:

Come tournament time? If Jabari playing 30-35 minutes a game would help us win it all, I would hope so. It's only 6 games. 

48 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Come tournament time? If Jabari playing 30-35 minutes a game would help us win it all, I would hope so. It's only 6 games. 

While I don't disagree with this sentiment, our style is pedal to the metal, and in order to play like that non-stop, it's difficult to have guys playing that many minutes. And considering that Jabari's backup is Jaylin Williams, the dropoff at the 4 is minimal. I don't believe there's a better 4 in the country than Jabari, but there aren't all that many who are better than Jaylin, either.

Speaking of that, the fact that Jaylin was willing to step down from his starting spot, for the good of the team, rather than transferring, speaks volumes about that young man's humility, as well, not to mention being a testament to how much the kids who play for Bruce want to continue playing for Bruce.

• Like 1