Men’s Only Basketball Facility

We need this asap. Apparently we are losing some top recruits to traditional Basketball schools and BP wants this new facility. Other programs are now seriously interested in hiring BP (Louisville) and we need to give Bruce whatever he wants…

We can start donating here:

Men's Basketball Facility

https://alumniq.auburn.edu/giving/to/athletics

15 hours ago, AUreo said:

We need this asap. Apparently we are losing some top recruits to traditional Basketball schools and BP wants this new facility. Other programs are now seriously interested in hiring BP (Louisville) and we need to give Bruce whatever he wants…

Thank you for sharing the link. 

A lot of people like to say that Pearl would never leave Auburn and I like to believe that but if Auburn won’t give him the facilities he desires then you never know. 

• Like 1

Definitely keep Bruce happy.  This is a nice commitment by the University to show we seriously like being good at basketball.  Donors are likely at an all time high for basketball right now.  Great timing. 

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think between the general complaints about travel budget a few years ago and the fact that many people have wanted a separate facility just to optimize both basketball programs, its the least Auburn can do 

I missed the complaints about the travel budget? 

12 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Definitely keep Bruce happy.  This is a nice commitment by the University to show we seriously like being good at basketball.  Donors are likely at an all time high for basketball right now.  Great timing. 

At this point everything that football gets, basketball should get. 

• Like 1

Give the man a lifetime contract

Pay him whatever he wants

Build him a basketball only facility and name it after him.

Then start working on the statue

Edited by CameronCrazy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

Give the man a lifetime contract

Pay him whatever he wants

Build him a basketball only facility and name it after him.

Then start working on the statue

Name it the Pearly Gates. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I could be conflating the two programs, but I remember there being complaints about how the basketball program was traveling around the same time the baseball team had to take a bus to get back during their WS run 

8 hours ago, AUreo said:

We need this asap. Apparently we are losing some top recruits to traditional Basketball schools and BP wants this new facility. Other programs are now seriously interested in hiring BP (Loserville) and we need to give Bruce whatever he wants…

It is irrelevant to me about recruiting. If however Bruce wants it, Bruce should get it. Like get it yesterday. No seriously. Why is it not done yet?

Just make sure there's an equal or better women's only basketball facility or buckle up for a Title IX lawsuit (funded by Ky & Bama and covered daily by ESPN & Al.com) that will cost Auburn twice as much as the new facility.

12 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I could be conflating the two programs, but I remember there being complaints about how the basketball program was traveling around the same time the baseball team had to take a bus to get back during their WS run 

ADAG implemented austerity measures across the board and that included downgraded travel arrangements for all sports, if I'm not mistaken. 

• Like 1

careful people.  not too long ago another coach was hot and beat our biggest rivals and everyone said "give him money and security!!!"

i am being somewhat sarcastic.  the AD should be working with BP to make us a basketball destination school.  

• WarTiger changed the title to Men’s Only Basketball Facility

Can we start it this Spring?   

Seriously, momentum is a funny thing.  Let's expedite this thing and get it done.  Bruce is not getting any younger and we need him to keep this thing rolling.   When he does retire, we need Auburn to be able to steal almost any coach we want.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

It is irrelevant to me about recruiting. If however Bruce wants it, Bruce should get it. Like get it yesterday. No seriously. Why is it not done yet?

It shouldn’t be irrelevant to you if it’s about recruiting if you would like Auburn to continue succeeding (which involves recruiting) 

Neighboring SEC teams have just started taking the sport serious with some of their hires, their own luxurious facilities are going to come soon. It’s just like football, these things can date your program or really help it look like it’s on the same tier as the best out there (and appearances matter)

• Like 3

You have an even higher proportion of big personalities and dudes wanting the bright lights than in CFB, with Auburn now in a stratosphere where it’s recruiting almost exclusively blue chip guys. 
Jarace Walker loved the city of Houston (don’t think there’s anything CBP can do about Houston vs Auburn) AND apparently loved their facilities. You gotta control what you can 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Jarace Walker loved the city of Houston (don’t think there’s anything CBP can do about Houston vs Auburn) AND apparently loved their facilities. You gotta control what you can 

+ apparently he asked for $2M NIL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

This is also going to be the name of the game whether we like it or not. Going to have to pony up the money for guys if we want to stay competitive. Basketball is a bit different than football in that one or two guys can absolutely carry an entire team for the season. In the case I think Walker was going to UH either way but you get my point. 

3 hours ago, AUreo said:

Love his game but the price of the brick (a reference) hasn’t quite raised that high. Scoot Henderson is generational and got one million. Tyty is damned good and got one million. Jarace is whatever he says he’s worth and gets, but I’m not giving him 2M 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

This is also going to be the name of the game whether we like it or not. Going to have to pony up the money for guys if we want to stay competitive. Basketball is a bit different than football in that one or two guys can absolutely carry an entire team for the season. In the case I think Walker was going to UH either way but you get my point. 

I think Jabari is getting something from someone in this town but it will be integral to have a defined bunch of moneybaggers who handle all of this and stay up with the market. I think that NILAuburn thingy could be their answer to that, but idk the specifications of how it works or if it even carries over to bball

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Jabari is getting something from someone in this town but it will be integral to have a defined bunch of moneybaggers who handle all of this and stay up with the market. I think that NILAuburn thingy could be their answer to that, but idk the specifications of how it works or if it even carries over to bball

Our NIL is for all sports.  

it will help when Legislators finally change the restrictions they put in for our State that kept big money Businesses and people from giving funds. 
that will be done this session. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Scummy coach at Houston will make it happen. That guy is a walking NCAA infraction.

Sampson did have NCAA “issues” at both OU and Indiana