Men vs Mizzou Game Thread

Maverick.AU

46 minutes ago, gr82be said:

That's the dumbest chant ever regardless of winning or losing. Totally discredits your own team's effort against a top opponent. I have never understood why that's a thing. 

My thoughts exactly.  Their student section was very distasteful in their chants tonight.  Constantly saying Bruce, you suck! Had no merit whatsoever.  Then the chant of overrated topped it off.  Kinda glad the end was anticlimactic like it was.  It was like everyone got left at the altar.  Lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yeah, **** Missouri in everything.

Pat Forde’s alma mater, if that wasn’t reason enough.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

God I pray UK stays to their word and doesn’t play Shaedon Sharpe any time soon

He's kicked into high gear at practice.  That is the word in these parts. 

48 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Seriously, getting #1 is cursed. I'm glad we got the W. This will be a good teaching moment for Pearl but this game was just ugly as crap. War Eagle, everyone. Lets move on to Oklahoma!

Amen.

To have played this poorly and get a SEC road win was good.  I know the big emotional UK game was played a few days ago, but we have got to get better because when the Dance starts its going to be like this; intense as you keep moving up and forward.

Lets get our legs and shots together, OU is up next.

War Eagle!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That one and A&M are prob the toughest ones to me at this moment. Florida looks awful these days but the swamp…

I'll be at Arkansas and Tennessee.  Those 2 road games worry me, Especially Arkansas. 

• Like 1

Sloppy, ugly game. But a great learning experience.  They never gave up. All the cliches. They all looked really, really sluggish. No energy.  Even KD’s energy at the end seemed forced.  Just a really weird game.  I’m so glad we managed a win.  

We couldn't drop it in the ocean for long stretches tonight. The offense looked hurried at times, and Mizzou hit some shots late in the clock. A normal Auburn perfomance would've gotten us a 25 point win. A good growing experience for us learning to play with the hype and expectation of being #1.

1 hour ago, thewhiz7 said:

I'll be at Arkansas and Tennessee.  Those 2 road games worry me, Especially Arkansas. 

This game really does change my perception of quite a few different games. I forgot the OM game that was also incredibly ugly, but I thought we were past the point focus wise of struggling to scrub teams. But it happens and you just gotta refocus. Arkansas and A&M have the advantage of having elite head coaches while not having a number by them that automatically gets Auburn up. I think those are a bit tougher than a Tennessee, that Pearl is always going to do his damndest for 

I will say, the coaching staff is really gonna have to push to get consistent offense out of that starting facilitator spot. Zep is the glue guy and all that but you're just not going to be able to survive another stretch where Flan isn't on as a ball handler and he's just the passive give it up in the half court and stand at the 3 point line version. 

I don't think ANYONE can win in March with one point guard that moves the needle offensively. One of those two are going to have to show something most nights (which I think they're capable of)

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

Pearl said it in a press conference last week.

I mean....not even getting into how much his play and attitude alone fit the bill of the TD....but KD's physical make up in stature reminds of him.....They built the same.

• Like 1

There were a couple of things I took from this game. One was Jabari didn't crawl into a shell even though he had a down night offensively. And second, while the offense sputtered, the defense took up the slack. Hopefully, the whole team learned a huge lesson from this.

• Like 1

Did anybody else happen to hear the announcer during tonight's game say that Auburn has been ranked in the top 10 in the AP poll at some point during 4 of the past 5 seasons? If you would've told me 9 years ago that would happen, I would've told you to give your head a shake. Just unbelievable what Bruce Pearl has done at Auburn. WDE

• Like 3
  • Love 1