Sean Payton stepping down

MadtownTiger

Pretty big news.

I know we have a coach...and we all want CBH to succeed at Auburn...and we all, to varying degrees, support him...and...and...and.....

But what if, as has been reported, CSP takes 2022 off to recharge...and we happen to be in the market for a coach...and he's still available.....

We could do worse.

Also, because it got buried in another thread that was subsequently locked, what do folks think about DeMeco Ryans?  Rising star in the NFL, relatively young, Alabama native.  If things went south for Harsin and we needed a new coach, would a former turd be popular enough with AU folks?

For the record, I'm not writing off Harsin, I just like speculating as a fan, kind of like a HC keeping a list of potential assistants.

WDE!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4

Go to bed OP you're drunk. "We could do worse" is the most laughable thing ever. This dudes one of the best coaches in the NFL, and you say that? He likely wouldn't take this or any college gig. Type of guy you throw 100+ mil at. Delete this thread before you get rightfully shredded in the morning 

“I know we got a coach, but what if we could dump him and get a better one”!

Holy crap! AU fans are becoming ungrateful.

1 hour ago, MadtownTiger said:

Pretty big news.

I know we have a coach...and we all want CBH to succeed at Auburn...and we all, to varying degrees, support him...and...and...and.....

But what if, as has been reported, CSP takes 2022 off to recharge...and we happen to be in the market for a coach...and he's still available.....

We could do worse.

Also, because it got buried in another thread that was subsequently locked, what do folks think about DeMeco Ryans?  Rising star in the NFL, relatively young, Alabama native.  If things went south for Harsin and we needed a new coach, would a former turd be popular enough with AU folks?

For the record, I'm not writing off Harsin, I just like speculating as a fan, kind of like a HC keeping a list of potential assistants.

WDE!

Guys, I know it's gonna sound crazy.....

But what if *insert craziness*

Know who else is currently available...

Jon Gruden!

Jeff Fisher!

Gary Patterson!

Bobby Petrino!

TURNER GILL!

🤯 So many choices WHY DON'T WE HAVE A DIFFERENT COACH YET!

has this whole board lost it's ever-loving mind? Where in the hell did all these nut jobs come from? Its like in the past two weeks the stupid gates were opened and we were flooded with idiots.  What has happened? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FFS we aren't going to ever hire Sean Peyton.

Ryans is also the favorite for a few NFL jobs. Not getting him either 

Can we also hold off on coaching options until Harsin loses to Mizzou at home??

Until then this is just wild crazy talk

10 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

Pretty big news.

We could do worse.

WDE!

Because after 2022 we will have harsin and malzahn on auburn's unemployed payroll.  With all that money going out we wouldn't have enough for his private jet ride to Auburn much less his salary.

24 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Because after 2022 we will have harsin and malzahn on auburn's unemployed payroll.  With all that money going out we wouldn't have enough for his private jet ride to Auburn much less his salary.

Aren’t we also still paying Chizik, some of Malzahn’s ACs, and Wayne Hall among others?

FTR, I think the OP was joking.  “We could do worse”.  C’mon, that has to be a joke.   And what about this bammer?   Yeah, surely he was joking, or trolling.   Can’t be serious, right?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CCTAU said:

“I know we got a coach, but what if we could dump him and get a better one”!

Holy crap! AU fans are becoming ungrateful.

Like Miami did Diaz lol