Sean Payton stepping down

MadtownTiger

16 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Aren’t we also still paying Chizik, some of Malzahn’s ACs, and Wayne Hall among others?

FTR, I think the OP was joking.  “We could do worse”.  C’mon, that has to be a joke.   And what about this bammer?   Yeah, surely he was joking, or trolling.   Can’t be serious, right?

Lmao, I was.  

I thought about letting it percolate for a bit then follow up with a crop duster gif but none of them captured what I wanted to convey.  But they're right, I had enjoyed some brown water last night, which definitely contributed to my willingness to poke the bear.  (Note to any whiskey drinkers in north Alabama, the Whiskeynaut at Straight to Ale is pretty tasty.)

Payton will get a sweet TV gig and ride off into the sunset.  Given their rapport, he would probably be a good compliment to Brees.

Ryans needs a lot more seasoning, but he's on my radar.

WDE!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

Pretty big news.

I know we have a coach...and we all want CBH to succeed at Auburn...and we all, to varying degrees, support him...and...and...and.....

But what if, as has been reported, CSP takes 2022 off to recharge...and we happen to be in the market for a coach...and he's still available.....

We could do worse.

Also, because it got buried in another thread that was subsequently locked, what do folks think about DeMeco Ryans?  Rising star in the NFL, relatively young, Alabama native.  If things went south for Harsin and we needed a new coach, would a former turd be popular enough with AU folks?

For the record, I'm not writing off Harsin, I just like speculating as a fan, kind of like a HC keeping a list of potential assistants.

WDE!

he is not the one paying bounties for his players hurting other players during games? if it is him you can keep him.

14 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

But what if, as has been reported, CSP takes 2022 off to recharge...and we happen to be in the market for a coach...and he's still available.....

Picard Infinite Facepalm : funny

• Haha 1