Pat Nix

NWALA Tiger

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Calzada also won't pass Nix as Auburn's all time total offense leader. Probably won't have the moxie to pull off the win at the end of the '19 Iron Bowl like Nix did, and couldn't have pulled off that play against LSU in 2020.

No he won’t do  any of that.   He probably won’t try and run for a touchdown on fourth and goal from the 15 with only a few seconds on the clock and not even come close.   He won’t be the all time total offense leader because he won’t be here long to get the necessary games to actually get within a snowball’s chance.   
And I love the Alabama games comparisons, it shows how people take certain games and try to make a point about a player or coach.   Auburn scored  14 points on Pick 6’s  (one being a hundred yard interception), yet you think the QB was the reason for the victory.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Meanwhile, Malik Willis is set to be a potential first round NFL pick. Hard to believe he was third string here. Hindsight is 20-20 but what a bungle by former staff. 

He didn't get a fair shake here for sure, but I'll chow down on some braised crow if he's a 1st round pick in the NFL.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

He didn't get a fair shake here for sure, but I'll chow down on some braised crow if he's a 1st round pick in the NFL.

I’m not sure I see it either but it is a potential according to some of the NFL draft guys. A lot changes on draft day though. 

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m not sure I see it either but it is a potential according to some of the NFL draft guys. A lot changes on draft day though. 

Yeah, it's the NFL...anything could happen for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

To me, the good outweighed the bad by a wide margin.

The good and bad balanced out making him very middle of the pack.  I wanted him to turn the corner as much as anyone, but after 3 years... I'm not sad to move on even if it means taking a step back to move forward.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

To me, the good outweighed the bad by a wide margin.

I dont agree with this. From what I saw from Bo was you never knew which Bo you were going to get. And even when Bo was having a good game, all that meant was that we had a chance to win. When Bo was bad, we had no chance of winning. Look at the A&M game, the Ga St game (would not have won if he didnt get benched) and the late collapses vs Miss St. If he was a Freshman and having those swings it would be expected, but he was a 3 year starter. The lowest of lows should have been corrected by now

3 hours ago, arein0 said:

I dont agree with this. From what I saw from Bo was you never knew which Bo you were going to get. And even when Bo was having a good game, all that meant was that we had a chance to win. When Bo was bad, we had no chance of winning. Look at the A&M game, the Ga St game (would not have won if he didnt get benched) and the late collapses vs Miss St. If he was a Freshman and having those swings it would be expected, but he was a 3 year starter. The lowest of lows should have been corrected by now

Nix got injured in the Miss. State game. He wasn't in there for the collapse.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nix got injured in the Miss. State game. He wasn't in there for the collapse.

I understand Nix got hurt in that game, but Finley only played 2 snaps in that game.

21 hours ago, arein0 said:

I understand Nix got hurt in that game, but Finley only played 2 snaps in that game.

I’d put that collapse more on the defense than on Bo Nix.  That was his season high passing yards, 377.  

Auburn strolled into the locker room at half with the defense holding State to only 3 points then let them rout them in the second and score 40 on them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

I’d put that collapse more on the defense than on Bo Nix.  That was his season high passing yards, 377.  

Auburn strolled into the locker room at half with the defense holding State to only 3 points then let them rout them in the second and score 40 on them. 

You are actually kind of proving my original point that Bo's biggest flaw was his inconsistency.

Let's keep focusing on this game. 28 points in the first half (good Bo) compared to 6 in the second half (bad Bo). 

I'm of the opinion that you can't put blame of a collapse soley on one unit or person. Could the defense have gotten a stop to swing the momentum back to our favor, of course. Could the offense have scored to stop the bleeding of course. Neither of those happened and that is why it was a collapse. A 40-0 run is a team wide collapse, not just the QB and not just the defense.

6 minutes ago, arein0 said:

You are actually kind of proving my original point that Bo's biggest flaw was his inconsistency.

Let's keep focusing on this game. 28 points in the first half (good Bo) compared to 6 in the second half (bad Bo). 

I'm of the opinion that you can't put blame of a collapse soley on one unit or person. Could the defense have gotten a stop to swing the momentum back to our favor, of course. Could the offense have scored to stop the bleeding of course. Neither of those happened and that is why it was a collapse. A 40-0 run is a team wide collapse, not just the QB and not just the defense.

Yes, but its hard to be consistent when you are playing injured, which he did a lot of the second half.  

34 points with our defense should have been plenty to beat State.  The most they scored all season, aside from Tennessee State and Vandy, was on us on our own home field. We also had more success against their defense than pretty much everyone aside from Bama. 

Our defense was crap in the 2nd half for sure. But a little offense would have gone a long way.  You can't expect a defense to hold when you go 3 and out the whole half. But I don't see any of that on Bo. He got hurt early in the 2nd half and he tried to gut it up and play but he should have been pulled. The whole collapse is on the coaches, offensive and defensive.

• Like 3