Pearl locked down

SuperAUsome09

Who would ever have dreamed that Auburn would pay the basketball coach more than the football coach……Obviously, speculation on my part, but that’s my bet.  ….and darned happy about it!

He’s the perfect HC. Even during the Barkley/Person days, I never imagined AU becoming a blue blood in bball. We will be that within 5 yrs. 

Hate to make the comparison, but this season will be like Saban 2008. We’ll get really close...may even win it all…likely fall just short…but the 5-star recruiting is just beginning. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

Can anyone explain what they’re saying? Cannot hear

He said “All your recruits are belong to us.”

• Haha 2

how good of a coach is bruce's son? i wonder if way down the road and something happens would we be interested in him? and i am feeling wonderful that we kept a great coach who happens to love auburn and is a a winner!

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

how good of a coach is bruce's son? i wonder if way down the road and something happens would we be interested in him? and i am feeling wonderful that we kept a great coach who happens to love auburn and is a a winner!

A lot of people are speculating that Steven is going to be the Head Coach in waiting. From everything that's been mentioned, Steven is an amazing gameday coach and the best X's and O's guy on the staff. He preps or at least helps prep the gameplan for every game, if I'm not mistaken. He was also the big reason why we got Kessler. He might not have the same charisma as Bruce but that would be hard to match.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

https://twitter.com/NathanKing247/status/1487446106904711180?s=20&t=P85BiiOnn0xFYGEIFht

Really surprised it didn't start at $6 million and then increases annually. Really good deal for Auburn, IMO.

More interested if there is language for higher assistant salaries.  Agreed on being an Auburn friendly deal.  Probably has something in that deal that Bruce values as well.  Sounds like could have been a mutually beneficial deal to both parties.  Kudos to all involved. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

https://twitter.com/NathanKing247/status/1487446106904711180?s=20&t=P85BiiOnn0xFYGEIFht

Really surprised it didn't start at $6 million and then increases annually. Really good deal for Auburn, IMO.

Bruce is a BARGAIN at this price. He cut Auburn a deal if you ask me.

Starts at 5.4. If nothing changes, year 8 would be 7.4 mill a year base.  Pretty good bump from year to year in basketball terms. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CR said:

Bruce is a BARGAIN at this price. He cut Auburn a deal if you ask me.

4th highest paid in the nation, 2nd in SEC. Final 4 payment essentially. 

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

More interested if there is language for higher assistant salaries.  Agreed on being an Auburn friendly deal.  Probably has something in that deal that Bruce values as well.  Sounds like could have been a mutually beneficial deal to both parties.  Kudos to all involved. 

I'm assuming he kept his pay increase low to increase the pay for his staff as well as make sure that other things that he wanted got done. Everything I've ever read/seen from Bruce has been about how he wants to make sure this program can be sustained after he retires and I think he made sure of it with not getting paid over $6 million.

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Y'all really need to stop making good posts, trying to save my reactions for the game thread lol 

Unlimited reactions needs to be a thing 

1 hour ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Be honest, was there anyone else here that saw that thread title and thought @bigbird was going to post an oyster in jail or something?

I almost put “Pearl Locked Up”, But figured we’ve been under enough stress for so long. Can’t have anyone blame sudden heart issues on me. I’ll leave that to Bigbird.

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2022 at 8:47 PM, McLoofus said:

I don't understand this feeling what do I do with my hands

shake-weight.gif

• Haha 1