Important Games to Watch or Follow

kennypowers

Monday 1-30-22

Marquette at Providence.  Great game on FS1.  Two very dangerous teams.  

Purdue vs Ohio State.  Purdue took care of business like a 1 or 2 seed should.

Loyola-Chicago vs Drake.  Drake could steal LCs spot.  

Colorado taking a huge hit to their resume tonight.  

There is a channel on YouTube called The Draftmatic.  They take every big game and cut all the commercials and stop ball moments.  Excellent way to catch up on the day or season. 

Feel free to post games you think are important or exciting on TV each day/week.  

This may be the greatest and most competitive NCAA Tournament in history.  

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 1

Monday 1-31-22

UNC Wilmington and Boston U need to take care of business at home tonight.
Boston hosting Holy Cross at 6 pm
UNC Wilmington hosting Drexel at 6 pm

Notre Dame has a chance to improve their resume hosting Duke at 6 pm.  Notre Dame likely to miss the tournament.

Iowa visiting Penn State at 6 pm needs to take care of business on the road or be on the outside looking in.

Morehead State needs to take care of business at 6 pm vs Tenn. Tech.

Liberty is fun to watch but not very deep.  Likely miss unless they win their conference tournament.  Visiting Kennesaw St at 6 pm.

Colorado State vs Wyoming (to me) is the best game of the night at 7 pm.

South Dakota State is another fun team to watch visiting North Dakota at 7 pm.

West Virginia at Baylor.  See if Baylor can fix their problems while West Virginia fights for a seed at 8 pm.

TCU needs to take care of business on the road at Oklahoma at 8 pm.  Hangover loss vs Hangover win

Fun times.  Just the games I'm most interested in today.

• Like 1

• kennypowers changed the title to Important Games to Watch or Follow

With our razor thin win at Miz, I suppose any game is a possible loss... That said, I believe these are our most challenging remaining games:

AU

1 Feb:       UA

8 Feb:       @ Ark

19 Feb:     @ UF

26 Feb:     @ UT

For UK:

5 Feb:       @ UA

15 Feb:     @ UT

19 Feb:     UA

23 Feb:     LSU

26 Feb:     @ Ark

5 Mar:       @ UF

This suggests to me we will win the SEC regular season.  With every win, we lock that possibility in tighter.  I hope we have not crested in the regular season but move so in the SEC tournament to win both crowns in our conference.  That should lock up the top seeding in the dance  and more history.

• Like 1

Notre Dame is definitely on the outside looking in. 

Iowa fighting for their lives.  Double OT.  Clutch 3 at the horn.  

Vermont will upset someone.  

Wyoming and Colorado State really heating up.  14 lead changes.  7 ties.  Going to OT as it should.  Really great game.  

Colorado State is very dangerous.  Roddy is for real.  If you get a chance to watch at least the highlights, he's special.  Sweet 16 team. Elite 8 if he can keep his head.  Got that Bryce Brown attitude.  Big man can do anything.  

Edited by kennypowers

Tuesday 2-1-2022

I feel like the country is just waiting for Auburn to slip up.  Team is too deep, unless they ALL have a night off...which is possible.  We'll see tonight against Jekyll/Hyde.  HUGE WIN.  Scary thing is, we're getting better.

Creighton at UConn at 5:30 pm.  UConn is good and Creighton is fading a bit.  I can see UConn working up to a 3 seed.  UConn blew it pretty hard.

Toledo needs to take care of business on the road at Eastern Michigan at 6:00 pm.

Kansas at Iowa State.  Iowa State is pretty good.  We'll see if Kansas can fix their problems on the road at 6:00 pm.  Kansas is just the better team overall.

South Carolina at Mississippi State at 6:00 pm.  South Carolina could swap bubble places w/ Mississippi State if they can get the win on the road.

Ball State at Ohio at 6:00 pm.  Ohio is a fun team to watch.  Should take care of business at home.  Ohio dominant.

Davidson at St. Bonaventure.  Bonnie is a tough out, and any margin of victory for Davidson is a good win on the road at 6:00 pm.  Big win on the road.

Texas A&M at Tennessee.  Tennessee can impress or get embarrassed.  A&M needs a resume win.  We'll see if Tennessee is mentally prepared at 6:00 pm.  A&M isn't great.  Tennessee undefeated at home.

UNC at Louisville.  UNC needs a road win tonight at 7:00 pm.  They don't get much respect this year, but UNC is always dangerous.  UNC did what UNC is supposed to do this time of year.

LSU should handle Ole Miss pretty easily at 8:00 pm at home.  BIG OOF.  LSU dropped a bad one.

Providence at St. John's.  Tough game on the road at 8:00 pm.  Providence is pretty good, but they do like to play in some close games.  If you don't count a 30 point loss at Marquette.  I see Providence consistently in the 3/4 seed range...even a 2 here or there.  St. John's gave them a fight, but Providence got it done.

Texas at Texas Tech at 8:00 pm.  See if Texas can handle the emotions that come after a big win against their old coach Rick Barnes.  Would be a huge win at Tech.  Tech played like they're supposed to.

Night-cap - Fresno State at San Jose State.  Fresno will probably have to win their tournament, but teams like that...with even a sliver of a chance...are fun to watch.  Fresno could be dangerous.

Enjoy your day everyone.  Much love.  War Eagle.

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Baylor can’t get right it seems 

I've seen a couple Auburn teams in the past that had a similar season.  Great the year before...people return...then something changes, and you're not quite sure what until it's too late.

• Like 1

Wednesday 2-2-2022

Florida at Missouri at 2 pm.  Florida is all but out with a loss on the road.  Florida hung on...don't think they'll have enough juice to make it though.

Florida State at Clemson at 6 pm is in the same boat.  Good wins...bad losses.  FSU blew it.  They're done.

Citadel at Furman at 6 pm.  Furman will most likely have to win their tournament, but still a decent team to watch.  Furman dominated.  They could make it.

STL at George Mason.  STL needs to take care of business on the road at 6 pm.  STL took care of business to remain on the bubble talk.

Arkansas on the road at Georgia at 6 pm.  Arkansas is tough, and we play them at their place soon.  

Drake at Indiana State  at 6 pm.  Drake is my pick to win that spot over Loyola-Chicago.  Drake dominated on the road.

Navy is a candidate to win a spot in the tournament as they take on Lehigh on the road at 6 p.  Navy blew it, but they've always had to win their conference to make it.  That league is a toss up between like 5 teams.

Notre Dame at Miami.  Miami needs to not drop the ball at 6 pm at home.  Miami blew it.  They might be toast.

Vermont (dangerous team) hosting NJIT at 6 pm.  Vermont dominated as they should.  I expect them to be a 12 seed and upset a big name school...Possibly from the SEC.  (Alabama or Tennessee).

Xavier needs to protect their home floor tonight against Butler at 6 pm.  Still not sold on Xavier.  They did take care of business though.  Probably an early exit from the NCAA waiting on them.

Houston should smack Tulane at home at 7 pm.  Not a complete smacking, but they took care of business.

Loyola-Chicago hosting Illinois State at 7 pm.  Beat ILL St. pretty good.  It's going to be a hot finish between them and Drake.  They may very well both sneak into the NCAA, but when they play each other, it's going to be a game to watch for sure.  Right now it's 1-0 Drake with a rematch at Loyola on 2/19.  Watch that game if you get a chance.

Chattanooga needs to win on the road at Samford at 7 pm.  SMH...Chattanooga, this is not the time of year to drop winnable games.

Wisconsin at Illinois at 8 pm.  Candidate for game of the night.  Also not sold on Wisconsin.  They don't turn the ball over though.  Illinois dominated all game.  Their C Kofi Cockburn is good.  7'-0" guy.  37 points, 12 rebounds last night.  Double-Double machine.  Their defense was good last night.  Wisconsin is overrated.  They protect the ball, but that's about it.  Illinois is dangerous.  Elite 8 potential.  Wisconsin could sneak into the Elite 8, but I anticipate them dropping in the Sweet 16 or sooner.

Dayton at VCU should be a good one at 8 pm.  Dayton blew VCU away.  Dangerous Dayton team. 

Villanova at Marquette at 9 pm.  Candidate for game of the night.  Marquette is good.  Sweet 16 team.  Villanova has a history of leaving the NCAA earlier than expected.  I like Marquette.

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Completely healthy UK and struggling to the third worst team in conference…hmm 

UK got up 15, Vandy pulled within 1. All with Tyty playing. But according to Kentucky fans, Auburn would guaranteed lose the game and never make a comeback.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

UK got up 15, Vandy pulled within 1. All with Tyty playing. But according to Kentucky fans, Auburn would guaranteed lose the game and never make a comeback.

Scotty Pip Jr is that guy, wish he was playing with half the talent of UK and I think that end result is different 

• Like 1

Marquette is a team I don't want to see come tournament time. That's a sweep of Villanova. There's something rotten down at Texas. Shaka Smart won at VCU and now he's turned Marquette into a contender but couldn't put it together at UT. 

• Like 1

Thursday 2-3-2021

Dealing with snow and ice here in East Texas today.  Hope everyone is safe and well.

Liberty on the road vs Bellarmine at 12:30 pm today.  May not seem like a big game, but any game on the road is a test.  Liberty will need to beat Jax St. in their tournament, but a fun team to watch.

Morehead State should take care of business at home vs TN Tech at 1 pm.

Ohio is another dangerous team hosting Eastern Michigan today at 1 pm.

Lunchtime is a good time today to check out a few of these smaller but dangerous teams.

Wagner visiting Central Conn. State at 6 pm.

UNC Wilmington on the road at Elon at 6 pm.

La Tech looking to win on the road at FAU at 6 pm.

South Alabama is a sleeper in their league...could win the tournament.  6 pm at Georgia Southern.

Troy will need to win their tournament as well.  They'll be at Georgia State at 6 pm.

Towson on the road at Hofstra at 6 pm.

Oakland is a team expected to make the tournament playing at Northern Kentucky at 6 pm.

Murray State looks to stay hot at Austin Peay at 6:30 pm .  Dangerous Murray State team.

GAME OF THE NIGHT - UCLA goes to Arizona.  We'll see if Arizona can get some revenge at home at 7 pm.  Both are Elite 8 Capable.  I like UCLA overall.  I've run a few bracket scenarios where I feel UCLA can be in the final 4 given the right matchups.

Arkansas State fighting for a spot at home vs LA Monroe at 7 pm.

Jax State hosting North Florida at 7:30 pm.

Belmont another tournament hopeful team on the road against TN St. at 7:30 pm.

TAMU Corpus Christi another tournament hopeful team hosting New Orleans another tournament hopeful team.  Early look at the leader in the clubhouse.  I like TAMU CC.

Seattle at Grand Canyon at 8 pm.  Seattle looking to continue building a strong post season resume. 

Montana at Weber State will be a good game to watch at 8 pm. 

Boise at Wyoming at 8 could be the best game of the night after UCLA vs Arizona. 

San Francisco at BYU will be a big game for.both schools. 

Late night 10 pm St Mary's at Portland will be fun to watch. 

I'm sure I missed a few.  Add as you like.  What interests you today?  Lots of smaller school games...but plenty to watch.

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 1

Always interested in seeing how Murray State does. And even though I know Gonzaga will blow the doors off of the high school team they're playing today, still interested to see if a upset happens.

• Like 1

Oh my...McGhee for Liberty w/ a 30 footer from the logo looking like Wendell Greene at the buzzer.  25-25 at the half.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:49 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Baylor can’t get right it seems

Lot of teams lost games they couldn't afford to lose tonight.  We'll see how they rebound.  

Friday 2-4-22

Not a lot of meat today before the weekend, but I'll be watching / keeping up with:

Iona at Canisius.  Iona should take care of business on the road at 6 pm.  ESPN+

Cleveland State hosting Green Bay at 6 pm.  ESPN+

Creighton visiting Seton Hall at 6 pm could get heated.  Both teams fighting for a spot.  Both teams at 13-7 with some good wins and bad losses.  Game on FS1.  Loser will be on the outside looking in.    Creighton.  Not looking good with that blowout loss.  

Oakland going to Northern Kentucky at 6 pm.  Oakland should take care of business at 6 pm but NKY is on a roll.  Oakland can't afford to drop it.  ESPN+

Toledo trying to keep it rolling at Ball State at 8pm on ESPNU.  They are very dangerous. 3 kisses all on the road. 

SDSU at Colorado St at 8 pm on FS1.  Game could get heated.  2 game skid and Roddy has attitude, but he's got the skills to back it up.  SDSU fighting for a chance. They beat Co St at home by 30.  Game on FS1

Fresno State needs to protect their house with Nevada coming in at 10 pm on FS1.  No big wins yet and some poor losses.  Outside looking in with one loss to Nevada already. 

Bracket bubbles etc. are changing every day now as teams show they're for real or not.  

Edited by kennypowers

Colorado State in all orange with an orange-out in the crowd.  Explain

Saturday 2-5-2022

Too many excellent games on the day to list.  Lot of bubble busters and new names.

St John's is getting hot but trailing at Butler.  St John's pulled it out.  Not a team you want to play right now. 

Florida State continues to throw their season away. 

Furman down 14 at home is a shocker. 

Illinois at Indiana a great game to tune into at Auburn's half.  Illinois crushed them in the 2nd half. 

Oklahoma slipping into the NIT

Chattanooga holding a 5 pt lead at home

UConn.  Wtf. I'll have to see if they're full strength because down 20 at Villanova is a bit surprising.

Tennessee slow on the road.  

Georgia fans are so pathetic.  Flannigan is going to have to find his rythm/confidence.  Need him.  Refs are not helping the flow of the game.  Cold shooting...bad desicions.  Not the time of the season you want this stuff going down.  Maybe they need to hear the overrated chant again.  I dunno.  

Vermont took care of business as did Wagner. 

Florida hangs around in bubble world with a win against ole miss. 

Michigan State got shredded by Rutgers.  

Baylor apparently sent out their local high school team to get spanked by Kansas. 

Morehead State stays good

North Florida sneaking up

Missouri beat A&M in college station. No complaints. I hate the Aggies. 

UAB is undervalued

Xavier continues to slide 

Texas spanked Iowa state is a bit surprising 

Edited by kennypowers
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Saturday 2-5-2022

Too many excellent games on the day to list.  Lot of bubble busters and new names.

St John's is getting hot but trailing at Butler. 

Florida State continues to throw their season away. GOOD!

Furman down 14 at home is a shocker. 

Illinois at Indiana a great game to tune into at Auburn's half. 

Oklahoma slipping into the NIT

Chattanooga holding a 5 pt lead at home

UConn.  Wtf. I'll have to see if they're full strength because down 20 at Villanova is a bit surprising.

Tennessee slow on the road.  

Georgia fans are so pathetic.  Flannigan is going to have to find his rythm/confidence.  Need him.  Refs are not helping the flow of the game.  Cold shooting...bad desicions.  Not the time of the season you want this stuff going down.  Maybe they need to hear the overrated chant again.  I dunno.  

Quite a few unexpected blowouts today.  Ranked teams getting thumped.  Wouldn't hang too much on today's game.  Win is a win on the road in the sec against an arch rival. 

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 1