Important Games to Watch or Follow

kennypowers

33 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

LSU is just throwing their season away game by game.  

I think they are finally showing who they actually are

Kentucky has fought back to the lead on Bama in the airplane hangar.  Bama had jumped out early. 

Monday 2-7-22

UNC Wilmington at Hofstra at 4 pm on CBSS.  Should be a good game.

Virginia at Duke at 6 pm.  Duke coming off an emotional hot shooting game against UNC.  Virginia fighting for their spot.  ESPN

Furman going to ETSU at 6 pm on ESPU.  We'll see if Furman can get it back.  49 total points in their 8 combined losses for an avg diff of 6.125 all but 1 loss on the road.  Furman is tough.

Chattanooga looking to keep it going at Mercer at 6 pm.

MTSU needs to get on a hot streak starting at home against UTSA tonight at 6 pm.

Richmond in the same boat against George Mason at 6 pm.

Belmont hosting Austin Peay at 6:30 pm 

Montana State has a chance to make it with a game tonight against Idaho State at 7 pm on ESPN+

UTEP at North Texas should be a good one at 7 pm.

North Dakota State hosting South Dakota at 7 pm.

Arizona with a potential tough game at ASU at 8 pm on FS1

Southern is sliding...they host Alabama State at 8 pm.

Southern Utah at Montana will be a good one at 8 pm.

Kansas at Texas for the game of the night at 8 pm on ESPN.  We'll see which Jayhawk team shows up.

Duke loses at home to an unranked 9 loss Virginia team. Just goes to show how hard it is to win every game in a good conference. Any team can beat you on any given night. Glad to be the only team to have 1 loss.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Duke loses at home to an unranked 9 loss Virginia team. Just goes to show how hard it is to win every game in a good conference. Any team can beat you on any given night. Glad to be the only team to have 1 loss.

Season is bonkers, and I love it.  Kansas dropped another on.  This time at Texas.  Madness has already begun. March /April is bound to be one to remember. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Q3 loss for Duke is going to do a lot of damage. They probably weren't getting to the 1 line unless they ran the table but that might bump them off well off the 2 line now. 

• Like 1

Tuesday - February 8, 2022

Auburn at Arkansas at 6 pm on ESPN2.  Arkansas is tough, and it is on the road...what is it...5 wins over there total in the Bruce era?  Someone correct me.

UNC at Clemson at 5 pm.

Marquette at UConn at 5:30 pm on FS1.  Will definitely be following this one.  Too bad our times clash.  UConn really needs to get back on track at home.  Both teams Sweet 16 capable.  Should be a great game.

STL at La Salle at 6 pm.  STL could use a good solid road win.  STL by double-digits.  Spread is only -7.5

Liberty hosting Lipscomb at 6 pm.

Wisconsin at Michigan State at 6 pm on BTN.  I just don't like either team.

Kentucky on the road at South Carolina at 6 pm on ESPN.  I feel like we would have been a better selection for ESPN, but I don't know how far in advance they choose their games.

TCU hosting OKST at 6 pm on ESPNU.

LSU at Texas A&M at 6 pm on SECN.  LSU NEEDS a win.  A&M will make them earn it.

Ohio at Toledo at 6 pm.  Should be a fun game to watch.  Both teams could/should make the tournament.

Iowa State at West Virginia at 6 pm on ESPN+.  Neither team is terribly interesting...but Iowa State needs a win on the road.  Wrong time to be sliding.

Villanova at St. John's at 7:30 pm on FS1.  I'll be watching this after Auburn.  I've got St. John's winning and sneaking their way into the NCAA Tournament.  They're pretty good.  Villanova is sus on the road and I feel a bit overrated.

Butler at Creighton on CBSS at 8 pm.  Creighton is in must-win territory basically the rest of the season.

Indiana on the road at Northwestern at 8 pm on BTN.  I don't know why, but I have had this feeling for a while now that Auburn may get Indiana in the Tournament in round 2...so I keep my eyes on them.

Illinois going to Purdue in arguably the game of the night at 8 pm on ESPN.  Worth watching for the bigs.  Illinois is hot.  Purdue is sus, but they're at home.  Should be a great one.

Missouri at Vanderbilt...just kidding...nobody cares.  Pippin is fun though.

Utah State going to Wyoming at 8 pm.  People love Wyoming right now...rightfully so.

Portland at San Francisco.  2nd game against Portland in 3 days...this time at home.  Possible the WCC gets 3 or 4 teams in.  I think Gonzaga and St. Mary's are the only ones that can get past round 1 though.

Pacific at USC at 9 pm on PACN.  USC is just boring to me, but they're worth monitoring for a final score.  Weird time for an OC game...must be a makeup.

Colorado State at Nevada at 10 pm on CBSS.  Colorado state needs a win here, and I think Roddy shows out.  Fun guy to watch...just has attitude problems.

St. Mary's at Santa Clara at 10 pm on ESPNU.  I've always liked St. Mary's, so I may be the only one watching.

UCLA going to Stanford at 10 pm on ESPN2.  See if UCLA can fix their problems.  Did you see their player get arrested last game?

Be well, and have a great day!  War Eagle!

Edited by kennypowers

Don't want to play Rutgers right now.  

Arkansas with a predictable loss today. 

Kansas hung on at home.  What an odd team.  Oklahoma remains on the bubble.  Probably get over of those 12 seed play in games.  

Look out for Boston

Creighton with a much needed win today...in the big east, aren't they all.  

34 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Don't want to play Rutgers right now.  

Arkansas with a predictable loss today. 

Kansas hung on at home.  What an odd team.  Oklahoma remains on the bubble.  Probably get over of those 12 seed play in games.  

OU winning that one would’ve been huge for us. Game was in the field house too

• Like 1

Houston with consecutive losses for the first time in 5 seasons.   I don't mind watching strong teams struggling down the stretch.  Watch it for multiple Cinderella's this year. 

Was hoping UF would have given Kentucky a better game today.  Need UK to at least lose 1

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Was hoping UF would have given Kentucky a better game today.  Need UK to at least lose 1

I could see them losing on the road to Tennessee or Arky.  

1 minute ago, ElkRiver said:

It’s like playing the Washington Generals.

I know Gonzaga is good, but having to go through the wear and tear of an SEC schedule makes a difference. 

• Like 1

Here's Tennessee's remaining schedule. Everybody comes to see Kentucky, except there's plenty of tickets left for their game next
Tuesday. For Auburn on the 26th, not so much.   Tickets start at $17 for Kentucky and $90 for Auburn. 😄

Tenn.JPG

Edited by Cardin Drake

8 hours ago, thewhiz7 said:

I was hoping for St. Mary's to upset the Zags but after watching the first half there is no chance. 

It was awful watching this game.  For a ranked team, St Mary's team played very sloppy.  The coach planned to slow down the game but seem to make no adjustments that would try to make up for them falling behind on the scoreboard.  

Now I can easily see why UA beat Gonzaga.  

15 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

It was awful watching this game.  For a ranked team, St Mary's team played very sloppy.  The coach planned to slow down the game but seem to make no adjustments that would try to make up for them falling behind on the scoreboard.  

My thoughts exactly.  In no way do I want to discount the Zags. They are a legit team. They just do not see much competition.  St Mary's did not look like a top 25 team. 

On 2/13/2022 at 7:07 AM, 81spacetiger said:

Zags do not have the guard play required to win the tournament unless they get really fortunate with matchups.  

• Like 1