Important Games to Watch or Follow

kennypowers

20 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Man there'd be a ton of value for WGJ to watch some Scotty Pippen Jr film. Way different frame, but you trap this guy, he can identify the right time to shrink and break through the double. He's good at dribbling backwards to reset while still keeping his eyes up, scanning the court. Dude is so savvy

but Pip is also a very tenured player and does have that height advantage. Not a 1 to 1 comparison ofc 

He's very patient. That's the biggest difference between the two besides the height, of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTNupe11 said:

He's very patient. That's the biggest difference between the two besides the height, of course. 

It could be hard for our coaches to preach that to the guys when getting up and going is such an important facet in how Pearl's ran things here. But I also think selective speed is something that comes to guards in time, only the special ones have it from day one. 

• Like 1

DID YOU SEE THAT XAVIER v PROVIDENCE GAME LAST NIGHT!!!!!

Creighton took a huge blow.  Nembhardt out the rest of the season.  Will have wrist surgery.  Hate that for him and the team.

Tonight, Cleveland State at Detroit at 6 pm.
UNC Wilmington on the road at Drexel at 6 pm.
Indiana hosting Maryland at 6 pm on FS1.
Two 15-9 teams - Temple at Memphis at 6 pm on ESPN2
MTSU at 20-7 hosting Marshall at 6 pm.
North Texas is strong.  They protect the ball and shoot the 3 well.  Hosting Sothern Miss at 7 pm.

South Dakota State another strong team.  Best 3pt shooting team in NCAA, and they protect and share well.  Sweet 16 capabale...with the right matchup maybe Elite 8 Cinderella.  On the road at Oral Roberts at 7 pm.

UAB on the road at UTSA at 7 pm.
Seattle at Utah Valley (17-9) at 7 pm.
Ohio State at Illinois should be a good game at 8 pm on FS1

Game of the night for me - Belmont at Murray State at 8 pm on ESPNU

Gonzaga on the road at San Francisco (22-7) at 8 pm on ESPN2
UCLA in a dangerous road trip to Oregon at 8:30 pm on ESPN
St. Mary's also in a dangerous road trip to San Diego

If you want to go to the UCLA v Oregon game, you can get tickets for 5 freaking dollars.

$5.00

That's crazy ... a blue blood vs a bubble team who can and may beat them...and you can get in for couch change.

Thank God for Bruce!

https://www.vividseats.com/oregon-ducks-mens-basketball-tickets-matthew-knight-arena-2-24-2022--sports-ncaa-basketball/production/3736224

Baylor at Texas tonight ay 9pm EST will be a BIG game.  It is a home game for Texas; if they win, we might be able to slide back in to a #1 seed. 

We, of course, need to win out and go very deep in the conference championship run to hold on to it.  

6 Kansas, 8 Purdue, and 9 Providence lost tonight.  Although Purdue and Providence lost to Top 12 teams on the road.  Kentucky and Tennessee had to fight for their wins, Kentucky was at home. 

• Like 1

Wednesday 3-2-22

Xavier has been on and off the bubble all year.  Traveling to a tough St. John's.  Could be the end for Xavier's hopes at 5:30 pm on FS1

Davidson hosting George Mason at 6 pm.

Notre Dame looking to enhance their resume at FSU at 6 pm on ESPN2

Rutgers at Indiana at 6 pm on BTN should be a great game.

OKST at Iowa St at 6 pm.  Meh interest, but OKST could upset.

La Tech hosting ODU at 6 pm

MTSU (doesn't get a lot of love) at 22-7 visiting Charlotte at 6 pm.

UConn at Creighton at 7:30 pm on FS1

LSU (playing better) going to Arkansas at 8 pm on ESPN2

SF Austin (20-8) at New Mexico State (23-5) at 8 pm.

Wyoming coming off a disappointing loss is visiting UNLV at 9:30 pm on FS1.

And of course, Auburn with a chance to clinch a portion of the SEC crown.

Not a huge game, but #1 Seed Longwood is on the ropes against NC A&T in the Quarter Finals.  Longwood...would suck to go 23-6, 15-1 and miss the tournament.  Currently on ESPN+

Edited by kennypowers

Wow, more madness today:

Neb beats #10 Wisc:  74-73

Memphis takes out #14 Houston:  75-61

Mich beats #23 OSU:  75-69

#24 Iowa plays #20 Ill later tonight

So 4 AP ranked teams lost/or will lose today.  This combined with other ranked team losses since the last poll means there will be another shake up in the AP poll tomorrow.  

I'm sure there will be other teams upset during conference championship week prior to setting the field of 64.  That is sure to make for lots of tournament busters in this years big dance.

Edited by 81spacetiger

1 hour ago, 81spacetiger said:

Wow, more madness today:

Neb beats #10 Wisc:  74-73

Memphis takes out #14 Houston:  75-61

Mich beats #23 OSU:  75-69

#24 Iowa plays #20 Ill later tonight

So 4 AP ranked teams lost/or will lose today.  This combined with other ranked team losses since the last poll means there will be another shake up in the AP poll tomorrow.  

I'm sure there will be other teams upset during conference championship week prior to setting the field of 64.  That is sure to make for lots of tournament busters in this years big dance.

Appreciate you picking up the slack for me ☺️

Busy busy but no less excited for all of this. 

Tournaments and championships all week.  Best month of the year.  Lot of mid majors to look out for.   

Las Vegas has become a mecca for conference tournament junkies that few people truly grasp. If it weren't for work, I'd attend a few games. Six conferences, men and women.

Conference tournaments’ arrival in Las Vegas

1994: Big West men and women at Thomas & Mack Center

1998: WAC men and women at Thomas & Mack Center

2000: Mountain West men and women at Thomas & Mack Center

2009: WCC men and women at Orleans Arena;

2013: Pac-12 men at MGM Grand Garden

2019: Pac-12 women at MGM Grand Garden

• Like 1

South Dakota State could make the elite 8

Chattanooga will upset at least one team.  Furman though...playing like they want it 

Zags playing the Dons here shortly.  

Santa Cruz playing St Mary's.  Good start to the week.  

Congrats to all the teams that have clinched spot even though they will never read this 🤔

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 2

That was incredible, but my heart breaks for Furman. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

That was incredible, but my heart breaks for Furman. 

I was playing basketball at Furman today. Everyone is/was pretty excited about the game. What a bummer! Thought they had it. 

• Like 1

Buddy Boheim just got away with a super dirty intentional punch to the solar-plexes of one of the FSU guys.  Kid should be kicked out and suspended the rest of the year, but no review...no call.  I hope an FSU player knocks his lights out to be honest.

2 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Buddy Boheim just got away with a super dirty intentional punch to the solar-plexes of one of the FSU guys.  Kid should be kicked out and suspended the rest of the year, but no review...no call.  I hope an FSU player knocks his lights out to be honest.

And then his daddy comes out and says it was "inadvertent":

I'm glad Jabari was trash talking them all game.

Hypocrisy at it's finest, people. Dropping an F-bomb means Jabari is classless and should be yanked off the court but throwing a punch is okay.

• Like 2

Very big upset yesterday with 1 seed Iona losing to 9 seed Rider. That's huge because Pitino had a team that could push Elite 8 territory with the right matchups.  Now they head to NIT.

Also Jax St is in the dance for winning regular season title in ASun. The tourney winner is Bellarmine, who is still in their provisional years of moving to D1.

This is why teams that have a Tourney bid locked up should not give a crap about a conference tourney win. I'd much rather get to the first round without any injuries.

1 hour ago, 81spacetiger said:

Kriisa loss might affect their play in conference tournament but they may have time to adjust for the NCAA tournament.    

Could effect their seeding.  At least injuries in the past used to effect seeding.