Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

23 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In defense to Harsin and moreso Greene and the non-incestuous parts of the AD, virtually everyone wanted a real new look at head coach. Every one wanted something fresh. Fresh intrinsically comes with risk

Auburn needed a new culture, they just (might’ve) whiffed with execution 

My fear is that this cycle continues no matter who our coach or QB is because one side feels slighted by the guy before and takes enjoyment in seeing him fail. Anyway back to the pitchforks 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

What are the players leaking? Do we need to send help? That doesn't sound healthy.

Ugh great now another thing to panic about. 😁

Might have to finally wear blue pants.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

4392211-A-0753-4230-95-E4-C985-B2-C651-A

DAYUMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.   I dont think that she could climb space mountain. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, wcware said:

My fear is that this cycle continues no matter who our coach or QB is because one side feels slighted by the guy before and takes enjoyment in seeing him fail. Anyway back to the pitchforks 

You post seems to say that people here are wanting Harsin to fail and i just don't see that. Yeah there are a handful of posters who have stayed loyal to Gus and did not want Gus fired. They are loving the drama because they use it to say they were correct. But thats a very small number of people literally like 5 people on the board. I think the vast majority have been looking for any reason to be excited about next season. But the simple fact is that there hasn't been anything to get people excited about next season. I mean even when we got a little touch of good news on early signing day everyone was rah rah. And that was even with the signing class having 1 OL in it. Meaning we will look past issues if you just give us some hope you can get it done. 

The Auburn fan base does not want the coach to fail. But the Auburn fan base also understand football and understands how football programs should be run. If we see our coach doing a crap job of running our program it is absolutely reasonable for us to let him know that he is doing a crap job. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Nah.....my arguments are sound.You just won't admit there's an issue with Harsin. You can't tell me my experience is vastly incorrect because you don't have any idea what you're talking about. I'm very much to the point and I also don't take that mansplaining crap either. Your post is certainly not respectful....it's condescending. You do what you want and I'll decide for myself. 

This world we live in....if you disagree with a female and state your reason why then you are "mansplaining". 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Is there really going to be a search? 

NATION WIDE!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

You post seems to say that people here are wanting Harsin to fail and i just don't see that. Yeah there are a handful of posters who have stayed loyal to Gus and did not want Gus fired. They are loving the drama because they use it to say they were correct. But thats a very small number of people literally like 5 people on the board. I think the vast majority have been looking for any reason to be excited about next season. But the simple fact is that there hasn't been anything to get people excited about next season. I mean even when we got a little touch of good news on early signing day everyone was rah rah. And that was even with the signing class having 1 OL in it. Meaning we will look past issues if you just give us some hope you can get it done. 

The Auburn fan base does not want the coach to fail. But the Auburn fan base also understand football and understands how football programs should be run. If we see our coach doing a crap job of running our program it is absolutely reasonable for us to let him know that he is doing a crap job. 

I do not think the casual fan really understands football and I know most have no idea what it takes to run a program.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wcware said:

I do not think the casual fan really understands football and I know most have no idea what it takes to run a program.

I don't think the people on this board are casual fans for the most part. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gravejd said:

I don't think the people on this board are casual fans for the most part. 

I challenge you to go and read a game thread in either football or basketball and report back with your findings. Maybe I’m wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Viper said:

4392211-A-0753-4230-95-E4-C985-B2-C651-A

Well, technically that's fat, old and disgusting...not sure I ever saw that in a bar at 2:00 AM.  But that was a long time ago....

• Like 1

Listening to JOX this morning and Cole makes it sound like Davis has some personal issues he needs to work out. He said something along the lines of “get the help he needs”. 

1 minute ago, ChrisH said:

Listening to JOX this morning and Cole makes it sound like Davis has some personal issues he needs to work out. He said something along the lines of “get the help he needs”. 

Bold move on Cole's part to out Davis unless he had Davis' permission. 

1 minute ago, ChrisH said:

I heard the same thing. I’m not going to speculate. Call Kodi Burns now 😂 Btw Kodi is one of my favorite Auburn players off all time. Doesn’t make it as a QB and the guy says how can I help this team? Hell yeah I will play WR. Has his only TD catch as a WR in the Nation Championship game. Freaking legend

A question and a point...

• did any of the "rumored" mass transfers happen in the last 48 hours?  Seems like a lot of angst here based on s*** house rumors.
  • Harsin, and the athletic dept more broadly, are doing a terrible job of managing communications right now.  There is obviously a crisis...if nothing else a crisis of confidence that can't help but impact the players.  When that happens you have to over communicate; not pull a Trudeau and hide from the world.  Now, they may very well be communicating well with the players...since workouts have started they have plenty of opportunities.  But, they are failing at communicating with the fanbase and potential prospects more broadly.  I don't get this.  The "marketing" dept is failing 101 right now.  
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, auburndkel said:

Harsin is burning down AU football. It’s happening so fast. I don’t believe any of us expected this in year two in our worst nightmares. I’m almost afraid to check up on AU football after work these days.
Players. Recruiting and the portal. Players and recruits talk. 1) You can’t replace this many guys diving head first into the transfer portal. At this point, I don’t anticipate anything today as we close out this year’s recruiting class.   Coaches. Harsin canned Bobo without a plan. 2) CBH found Davis after rummaging veraciously. No play calling or recruiting experience, but still a coach I think most AU fans were willing to get behind. Now he’s gone before he even started. 3) Still baffling to me, Derek Mason leaves for Ok St. Ok St? With no bonus or pay raise?  4) CBH talks to every DL coach he thinks he can persuade. Every top tier DL coach says “no.” CBH is relegated to bringing in an AU alum that’s currently an analyst with a history of short stints at various programs and sadly, a historically sub par recruiter.
Taken together, all of this is not just a horrible look, it portends to more problems to come.

It seems that kids or coaches don’t want to be associated with CBH, after one season. We are hemorrhaging. It has to stop before we bleed out. When we hired Harsin, we weren’t in shambles (i.e. Arkansas). However, be it his coaching style, demeanor, or sheer bad luck, he’s lit a match that AU can’t put out without another change. In the shape we’re in, which I believe will be worse after the 2022 season, we’re not going to get a Cristobal or Brian Kelly level coach. My advice, make CBH hire Jeff Grimes as OC right now with a $2M+ salary and with the arrangement that he’s the HC next season (barring an SECC from CBH). That part of the contract isn’t public. I’d go as far as making it a separate contract. Grimes has been here and knows AU. He’s prepared to be a HC.  Coaches will sign on with Grimes. With Harsin, they’re only signing if they have no other options. Grimes’ offense just won the Big 12 and defeated Ole Miss in the Sugar Bowl. He has extensive OL experience and knows coaches in the South.

I’m no expert, I just know the bleeding has to stop. Setting up Jeff Grimes as the next HC is a plan. At this point, ADAG and the BOT have to have some plan before we’re a heap of ash and rubble. 

Wow you nailed it. I’ll add that Harsin just doesn’t have name recognition to lure top assistants. So he has to rely on who he’s worked with + AU alum. I really feel bad for Cadillac & Etheridge. They love their school, but it’s going to be wrong place, wrong time for them come the end of this season.

The HC in waiting idea never works out. No current HC, esp a young HC like Harsin, will allow that. I do agree Grimes would be an excellent choice as OC if he’s a package deal with Aranda.

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In defense to Harsin and moreso Greene and the non-incestuous parts of the AD, virtually everyone wanted a real new look at head coach. Every one wanted something fresh. Fresh intrinsically comes with risk

Auburn needed a new culture, they just (might’ve) whiffed with execution 

This right here

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Over/under of the number of classes completed at the Crapstain?  

There's no over or under...there's only one number... ought-point-ought.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Well, technically that's fat, old and disgusting...not sure I ever saw that in a bar at 2:00 AM.  But that was a long time ago....

She was barely of age when @augolf1716 ran roughshod over the joints back in the 40s. Maybe she was a hottie in her day. Or not. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, japantiger said:

did any of the "rumored" mass transfers happen in the last 48 hours?  Seems like a lot of angst here based on s*** house rumors.

There has been talk of like 3 players transferring.  That started popping up 12 hours ago.  Not 48.  TBD