Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

ah... is he well known for throwing out facepalms but not having the cojones to put forth any substantive response?

That's it.  He usually stays in the political forums, though.

3 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Meanwhile…Alabama swiftly hires the Kentucky OL coach to replace Doug Marrone…..

They've had a lot of staff turnover with no statements and players transferring.... Just saying

2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

That's it.  He usually stays in the political forums, though.

Hmmm, where I am from we have a word for that. Rhymes with fussy.

12 minutes ago, Didba said:

ah... is he well known for throwing out facepalms but not having the cojones to put forth any substantive response?

There was a moment long ago where he started responding only with the reactions. Don't know what precipitated it but, no, you won't ever be getting a response beyond that. 

So pretty much what you said, although it doesn't strike me as a matter of cojones. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

They've had a lot of staff turnover with no statements and players transferring.... Just saying

…and apparently a list of thought out candidates awaiting a phone call.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hmmm, where I am from we have a word for that. Rhymes with fussy.

Since when is ***** pronounced "pah-ssy?"

Edited by AUght2win
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Some of y’all are a little too happy this is happening. 🤔

Nah.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There was a moment long ago where he started responding only with the reactions. Don't know what precipitated it but, no, you won't ever be getting a response beyond that. 

So pretty much what you said, although it doesn't strike me as a matter of cojones. 

My running theory is that his keyboard broke one day and he decided he would never replace it or buy a new one....so he's just spent years with his mouse coming to AUfamily through his browser favorites menu and interacting in the only way he is capable of now.....through reaction emojis 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, e808 said:

Even though the red flags are mounting just need to get through the 2022 season. Winning will cure alot of this

Correct . Promote Eric to OC and move on. CBH against some of the fans, donors and the rest of the world tbh. Got a lot to prove.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Viper said:

Bu-bu-bu-bu-but we have to give Harsin at least 3 years to get his guys in and right the ship. Why? Because the aufamily pumpers said so. And that’s the bottom line cuzzz…

giphy.webp

I know you're baiting with this, but pumpers aren't exactly wrong. 

Whether it was a good hire or not Harsin is AU's coach, and AU is already known to be a tough job. We're not the primary State school in our own state, we have one of the toughest scheduled in the entire nation on a near yearly basis. Expectations are high. 

Firing a coach after 1-2 years isn't how you attract proven or new talent to your staff. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, e808 said:

Even though the red flags are mounting just need to get through the 2022 season. Winning will cure alot of this

Then don't expect a cure because more than likely there won't be much winning. It will take a miracle to win 5-6 games at this point. 

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Whether it was a good hire or not Harsin is AU's coach, and AU is already known to be a tough job. We're not a State school, we have one of the toughest scheduled in the entire nation on a near yearly basis. Expectations are high. 

Firing a coach after 1-2 years isn't how you attract proven or new talent to your staff. 

If after year 2, Harsin hasn't done anything to fix our two biggest problems: 

1) Fixing the abysmal lack of talent on the offensive line

2) Build an elite supporting coaching staff

Then, yes firing a coach after 2 years is a must

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Whether it was a good hire or not Harsin is AU's coach, and AU is already known to be a tough job. We're not a State school, we have one of the toughest scheduled in the entire nation on a near yearly basis. Expectations are high. 

We're also still paying a huge salary to our last coach and will be for another 2-3 seasons, I think. 

Would be delightful to ride that out before making another change so that we can afford whoever the Mario Cristobal of 2024 or whatever is. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Correct . Promote Eric to OC and move on. CBH against some of the fans, donors and the rest of the world tbh. Got a lot to prove.

Dude if he somehow pulls this thing off it will be the ultimate middle finger to everyone 😂 I’m not sure how he does it but if he does…….

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, shabby said:

If after year 2, Harsin hasn't done anything to fix our two biggest problems: 

1) Fixing the abysmal lack of talent on the offensive line

2) Build an elite supporting coaching staff

Then, yes firing a coach after 2 years is a must

There's little expectation that the OL is going to get anything fixed. 

Elite supporting staff? Not enough time to tell. 

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

There's little expectation that the OL is going to get anything fixed. 

Elite supporting staff? Not enough time to tell. 

Look. These two things could be fixed with a simple fix. 

Get rid of that useless sack named Will Friend. The fact that Harsin was so quick with Corn but won’t do a damn thing with Friend isn’t helping alleviate any concerns regarding CBH’s ineptitude 

Edited by Taco
I take no remorse for what I said about Friend, grammar fixes

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Then don't expect a cure because more than likely there won't be much winning. It will take a miracle to win 5-6 games at this point. 

Objectively looking at the schedule without any games being played. Only Bama and Georgia look like L’s. The OOC should be wins outside of Penn States. So Penn State and the rest of the SEC are 50/50 IMO. 

Whether we hate it or live it the oline is an experienced group in year two of the process. The defense should be pretty good. Just need some playmakers to step up and team to the execute and see what happens.

Edited by e808
Typo

Hhmmm...stepping away from coaching after moving the family 3000 miles.  My two cents is the wife went ape-s*** leaving Seattle and said you're not leaving me in this red-neck hell hole while you spend all your time traveling the Southeast.  

"The last week has been difficult for me as I've made the decision to step away from coaching football," Davis said in a statement. "Auburn University and Coach Harsin have been tremendous through this whole process. I am grateful for the opportunity that was presented to me from a coaching standpoint and equally as important, the way Coach Harsin has handled my current situation. My decision to resign is 100 percent based on personal reasons. After more than a decade in the NFL with the daily grind as a player and coach I've realized how much I miss my family and my desire to spend more time with them. While I need to step away from coaching, I can't say enough about the first-class way I was welcomed into the Auburn family and the way this football program is run with a championship mindset and a focus on developing these young men into winners on and off the field."

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We're also still paying a huge salary to our last coach and will be for another 2-3 seasons, I think.

When will we ever get out of this cycle?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Since when is ***** pronounced "pah-ssy?"

LMAO, WELL YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED WAS...

I'm a DUMB*ss with a malfunctioning brain

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Some of y’all are a little too happy this is happening. 🤔

cough cough... tigerbelle... cough cough,

• Haha 3