Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

You also fall under that same category so again, agree to disagree. 

We’ll see if you have the same opinion come 11/26/22. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Reading all this thread it seems that it sure would have helped things if Harsin or our SID had issued a PR yesterday saying Davis was leaving and why. Would have cutout a lot of rumor and negative garbage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Reading all this thread it seems that it sure would have helped things if Harsin or our SID had issued a PR yesterday saying Davis was leaving and why. Would have cutout a lot of rumor and negative garbage.

What was he supposed to say? “Both of my coordinators have gone their separate ways. We have decided to hire from within.”

brilliant-booze.gif

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

This board thrives on rumor and negative garbage! I don't believe that he officially quit until today, so they couldn't have done anything yesterday. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Just got word from inside the athletic facility . Aubie is in the transfer portal . And all the eagles from the raptor center flew away and all we have left is an Emu named Bruce 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, CodeRocket said:

This is like watching a really bad wreck in slow motion!🙄

And it’s you rubber-neckers that cause another one. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

This board thrives on rumor and negative garbage! I don't believe that he officially quit until today, so they couldn't have done anything yesterday. 

The multiple places that reported he turned in his resignation letter dont convince you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CR said:

The multiple places that reported he turned in his resignation letter dont convince you?

You can't read? Where did you come up with me not being convinced that he isn't gone? AD didn't officially quit until his meeting this morning. Maybe you are just ignorant to the facts? 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

It might depend on a variety of things, but yeah it probably does.  He'll be owed 12mm come December if we fire him.  Waiting a year to save 3mm isn't a necessity, but I'd guess it's not high on many ppl's list

The problem is we still have Gus on the unenmployed payroll and the to put Harsin there after next year bodes the question of how many dominoes do we line up before we push them over and watch them fall.  

2 hours ago, Viper said:

So let’s hold on to a HC who’s OC AND DC have each run for the hills, in their own separate directions, in the last 3 weeks. This after the first losing season since 2012 with a very good chance of repeating a losing season given the 2022 schedule. That will certainly get the titanic steered around that giant glacier. 

This is what I meant by saying "Watching a bad wreck in slow motion".

2 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

This is what I meant by saying "Watching a bad wreck in slow motion".

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

And it’s you rubber-neckers that cause another one. 

2 hours ago, bishoptf said:

I agree, ultimately Harsin is responsible for who he is going to hire or fire, buck stops with him. Maybe it was change of mind etc but you should vet your hires and when you announce something you best be sure that they are going to meet there obligations, just looks bad all the way around, bad press after more bad press for the football program.

It was reported he would be the OC many weeks before it became official. I feel confident Harsin had spoken with him about the job, in and outs, etc. Not to mention he played ball in the South, should understand recruiting, how seriously we take football down here, etc. Davis had several weeks to change his mind before even setting foot on campus. If he changed his mind and wanted to go back to the NFL, then he could say that like Rocker or Biasccia. I’ve hired many people over the years thinking I had it right only to see some only last a week and leave for a myriad of reasons, some including the dreaded “personal reasons” Also it seems Davis was communicating with players and making connections with them. Maybe Harsin was just as surprised by this as we are now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Never said now. He will be gone by 12/1/22.

Who do you want to replace (that we could realistically get)?

14 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

You can't read? Where did you come up with me not being convinced that he isn't gone? AD didn't officially quit until his meeting this morning. Maybe you are just ignorant to the facts? 

Bold. Very bold. 

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Who do you want to replace (that we could realistically get)?

In all fairness wouldnt it be time for Freeze to get his redemption. Morally he was wrong but I would hope he learned his lesson. However, hoping that CBH can figure this out sooner rather than later. Basketball has made  it easier to cope until we get closer to football season 

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Aranda would be my first phone call.

Aranda is extremely comfortable where he is at. Don’t think anyone is getting him.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

In all fairness wouldnt it be time for Freeze to get his redemption. Morally he was wrong but I would hope he learned his lesson. However, hoping that CBH can figure this out sooner rather than later. Basketball has made  it easier to cope until we get closer to football season 

You are putting Auburn at significant risk when you HOPE he has changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Never said now. He will be gone by 12/1/22.

Unfortunately I'm afraid you're right. Unless he's got a killer recruiting class or we pull off 8 wins, it may be too much to overcome.

Next season's schedule is tough. 

• Thanks 1