Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Stands is extremely comfortable where he is at. Don’t think anyone is getting him.

So was Mario at Oregon. So was Riley at OU. So was Kelly at ND.

If we can’t unload the Brinks truck for the HC at freaking Baylor…

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

In all fairness wouldnt it be time for Freeze to get his redemption. Morally he was wrong but I would hope he learned his lesson. However, hoping that CBH can figure this out sooner rather than later. Basketball has made  it easier to cope until we get closer to football season 

I lean towards being a libertarian so, I fail to see a problem with him calling hookers...well, just don't use the employer provided phone.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

You can't read? Where did you come up with me not being convinced that he isn't gone? AD didn't officially quit until his meeting this morning. Maybe you are just ignorant to the facts? 

I cannot. I have a non ignorant assistant read the boards rumors and negative garbage to me

Edited by CR

6 minutes ago, Carnell said:

You are putting Auburn at significant risk when you HOPE he has changed.

Why is that the same could be said about CBP but he seems to have worked out. I know the violations might be different but they are still violations. I am sure they can put in clauses. Saban wanted him so there must be some contractual stipulation that can be added.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

the-big-lebowski-the-dude.gif

dooo, doo, doooo, looking out my back dooor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Guy can't even hire coordinators or keep WR coaches he brought over from Oregon.  He's also a horrendous coach.  Tad skeptical on him.

Hard facts...couldn't beat a freshman Bo Nix running a high school offense with future NFL QB Justin Herbert.

25 minutes ago, Viper said:

So was Mario at Oregon. So was Riley at OU. So was Kelly at ND.

If we can’t unload the Brinks truck for the HC at freaking Baylor…

IMO Money won’t be the reason because Baylor got plenty of it to match for a good coach. Plus with OU and Texas leaving Baylor can probably dominate the remainder of the BIG 12, and get to the playoff. It would have to be a desire to leave for the best conference combined with making some more coins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

6-6, after 6-7, buys him another season? Who are we? Vanderbilt?

I would be shocked if hes still here after another 6-win season

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Guy can't even hire coordinators or keep WR coaches he brought over from Oregon.  He's also a horrendous coach.  Tad skeptical on him.

Miami requires a very grand change of heart. I don’t remember many of these supposed issues occurring when he was at a very stable Oregon. And it’s not like McClendon left for a bum, UGA has had one of the best stretches for hires since prime Alabama. Not to mention Brian went back to his alma mater. You left out some pretty massive context lol 

9 minutes ago, e808 said:

Why is that the same could be said about CBP but he seems to have worked out. I know the violations might be different but they are still violations. I am sure they can put in clauses. Saban wanted him so there must be some contractual stipulation that can be added.

I am not arguing that point that we took a chance on Pearl.  But what was there to lose nothing.  We were the cellar dwellers in basketball and there was not way we were going to get a proven winner for our basketball program unless we took a high risk coach that was a winner.  Pearl meant that category.   We are not that desparate in football.  There are winners out there that without Freeze baggage that would come and be our football coach.  In addition, in 2014 and 2015 when he beat Bama, he had the inside track to win the west but did not win it either year.  I call that a choke coach. 

The way he was caught on some of the issues was he detailed those violations in email.  Not his personal email but an email account at Mississippi which is subject to the freedom of information act.   We got a saying in LA that if that aint stupid aint nobody stupid.   I sure dont want stupidity like that around Auburn. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, selias said:

I lean towards being a libertarian so, I fail to see a problem with him calling hookers...well, just don't use the employer provided phone.

These girls just trying to make a living. Capitalism!

• Haha 1

This is just confusing to me. I don't see the problem. The guys that's crying the most are the EXACT SAME PEOPLE when a player left you did your bye joke. Same people guys like Seth Williams and smoke Monday left you said you're glad they are gone. Other guys left they weren't good. You said bump paying players, if they don't want to play at Auburn for Auburn you don't want or need them.

Ok cool you guys love the small town don't conform that's what you got now. Don't need players, you want that 2 star Auburn Man.....that's the guys that get the recognition and that's who gets cheered for. We had a young coach that was respected and we fired him and everybody cheered, didn't matter what was true......now you have no Alabama connections in recruiting and we're an in state Alabama school. 

This is what a bunch of you wanted and now you're crying. Let's just sit back and watch the coaches who empower their players and who tries to learn and understand their culture, and actually thinks about their well being win championships. We didn't want to be that. We want that tradition. Don't Ben Leard have a son that's a QB or something?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, Didba said:

This is the south, if you don't think skin color and religion doesn't play into these things for some people then you are naive.

I bet I've lived in it longer than you have, and it used to play a role. Not now. There is no meaningful contingent of alumni now who care more about the ball coach's skin color (or to great extent religion, you know Pearl is Jewish, right?) than what the W's and L's are an how AU is represented. I do know there are younger posters in abundance on this page who care more about the QB's skin color than they do about W's. They were among the most vociferous of Bo's critics because he had the wrong skin color.  

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

All of this bickering and E fighting when the reality is no one is going to come to Auburn and look like a good recruiter until the mover and shakers out of the money guys at AU step up to the plate and start dropping bags in NIL for recruits. That is the reality of the situation. Any elite recruiter is not going to look like a elite recruiter at Auburn until we get off our ass and start ponying up the big bucks. It is that simple. We are a hundred million operation that acts like a mom and pop store.

Agree with everything you said except the "We" part. Not our money to give. I've said it before and I'll say it again, AU does not have the alumni/donor base to compete in the NIL world, at least not at a championship level. It's a path to becoming a BB school for us, where the smaller number of players makes for a smaller total payroll. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I'm very confident if it's bad news there are 20 or 30 posters on here that will let us all know immediately. I may not know anything else, but this, I know. 

Well. Hopefully the rumors aren’t true cause if they are. Harsin may not have any more players to “cull” off the program lol

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Well. Hopefully the rumors aren’t true cause if they are. Harsin may not have any more players to “cull” off the program lol

We'll see. I am not real confident either way. Negativity as a habit is just not my thing. I've said it before. Harsin will work out or we'll fire him. Hell, AU has been great at hiring coaches not to coach for years.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

All of this bickering and E fighting when the reality is no one is going to come to Auburn and look like a good recruiter until the mover and shakers out of the money guys at AU step up to the plate and start dropping bags in NIL for recruits. That is the reality of the situation. Any elite recruiter is not going to look like a elite recruiter at Auburn until we get off our ass and start ponying up the big bucks. It is that simple. We are a hundred million operation that acts like a mom and pop store.

I want a second opinion from Bruce Pearl.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Taco said:

Hope it's not true. But if it is , it will make what's happened so far seem like a blip on the radar

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Hope it's not true. But if it is , it will make what's happened so far seem like a blip on the radar

Hoping someone in the know can shoot this down or at least let us know if it has wings