Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

Timing was the entire point. That's important here. 

The statement today told us zero about why Davis is leaving. 

Read his own words this MORNING.

Austin Davis steps down as Auburn’s offensive coordinator due to ‘personal reasons’ - al.com

• Like 1

Twitter is full of "more bad news inbound" followed by a whole lot of nothing. Sounds like folks just trying to stir the pot on a day that's already got folk ready to run a coach out of town based on a bad feeling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Cole just waiting for hours, letting this thread marinade for a bit, ready to drop that I told you so

I love it😀

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Twitter is full of "more bad news inbound" followed by a whole lot of nothing. Sounds like folks just trying to stir the pot on a day that's already got folk ready to run a coach out of town based on a bad feeling.

Jason Caldwell is talking about it too.  But he's probably just out there stirring the pot too!!!

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

All of this bickering and E fighting when the reality is no one is going to come to Auburn and look like a good recruiter until the mover and shakers out of the money guys at AU step up to the plate and start dropping bags in NIL for recruits. That is the reality of the situation. Any elite recruiter is not going to look like a elite recruiter at Auburn until we get off our ass and start ponying up the big bucks. It is that simple. We are a hundred million operation that acts like a mom and pop store.

So you want the PTB with the big bucks to get more involved?

All of this post is based on inferences I have made. There is a problem when 8 defensive lineman hit the portal. It is concerning when you make a hire and fire them after a year, doing this admits you failed at making the hire in the first place. It is incredibly bizarre that an Auburn Legacy gets out of town as fast as possible. When the defensive coordinator also leaves in the same season it is also not good, especially after saving the 2021 class. 

In my opinion Bryan Harsin is trying to micromanage everything. He distrusts everyone and everything around him. If there is any inkling that you aren't in line the his mentality is to tell them to get lost. He is trying to pull a Saban mentality while no where close to having the credibility he does. He is being rough on players and has an old school mentality.  Today you have to be a player's coach with the portal, one year transfer rules, and the promises of much greener pastures. His attempt  to get coaches and players to buy in and his wrestling of control is causing harm to this program. Again, his loss of players and personnel makes him look completely out of control. It all started with the WR coach not even halfway into the season. Just my take.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Viper said:

Paging Yeller Feller

That's funny considering all the recent negative posts by some here about the PTB being too involved.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I don't know why I tried with you. Won't happen again. 

I've leave you with this. Resigning to "spend more time with family" is standard, meaningless PR talk. Davis doesn't even have a wife or children. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don't know why I tried with you. Won't happen again. --fine with me

I've leave you with this. Resigning to "spend more time with family" is standard, meaningless PR talk. Davis doesn't even have a wife or children. ---so you are saying Davis is a liar? I may be wrong but I think he is divorced and has a young child. maybe one of our insiders knows.

Edited by Proud Tiger

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

He’s divorced, but he and his ex wife Heather never had any children.  He’s also been divorced for like 5 years so this isn’t something recent. 

11 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He’s divorced, but he and his ex wife Heather never had any children.  He’s also been divorced for like 5 years so this isn’t something recent. 

Thanks. But I guess he has some family he wants to be with or he is a liar. There are other reasons he could have used. His statement seems genuine to me but heck who am I to question cbo

What's your take?

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don't know why I tried with you. Won't happen again. 

I've leave you with this. Resigning to "spend more time with family" is standard, meaningless PR talk. Davis doesn't even have a wife or children. 

What actually happened was: Davis and his dad walked into Harsin’s office and made all kind of demands for Davis as a OC. Harsin then told them: I’m running the show around here and told Davis to take a walk…

(Kidding, sarcasm) I have to put that (kidding, sarcasm) because some on here (not you) will actually believe it is true.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Thanks. But I guess he has some family he wants to be with or he is a liar. There are other reasons he could have used. His statement seems genuine to me but heck who am I to question cbo

I bet you buy your car’s extended warranty 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Taco said:

You lose and I didn't answer when you called😁

Edited by Proud Tiger

4 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

IMO Money won’t be the reason because Baylor got plenty of it to match for a good coach. Plus with OU and Texas leaving Baylor can probably dominate the remainder of the BIG 12, and get to the playoff. It would have to be a desire to leave for the best conference combined with making some more coins. 

You’re right. The only reason a good, well-known HC wouldn’t come to AU is too much competition. See Lincoln Riley. Then again, there’s guys like Brian Kelly who’s dead set on taking down dink every single season. 

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

What actually happened was: Davis and his dad walked into Harsin’s office and made all kind of demands for Davis as a OC. Harsin then told them: I’m running the show around here and told Davis to take a walk…

(Kidding, sarcasm) I have to put that (kidding, sarcasm) because some on here (not you) will actually believe it is true.

Alright, this is funny. 

Who Wouldve Thought Not Me GIF - Who Wouldve Thought Not Me Look At Us -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

I would be shocked if hes still here after another 6-win season

Even the pumpers will be waiting on the tarmac the night of 11/26/22 w pitchforks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I’m not going to clutter the board by going back and forth because honestly it’s not worth it. I mean this totally respectfully, your arguments are actually just completely skewed and vastly incorrect. Let’s just agree to disagree. 

Nah.....my arguments are sound.You just won't admit there's an issue with Harsin. You can't tell me my experience is vastly incorrect because you don't have any idea what you're talking about. I'm very much to the point and I also don't take that mansplaining crap either. Your post is certainly not respectful....it's condescending. You do what you want and I'll decide for myself. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Viper said:

So let’s hold on to a HC who’s OC AND DC have each run for the hills, in their own separate directions, in the last 3 weeks. This after the first losing season since 2012 with a very good chance of repeating a losing season given the 2022 schedule. That will certainly get the titanic steered around that giant glacier. 

Harsin is burning down AU football. It’s happening so fast. I don’t believe any of us expected this in year two in our worst nightmares. I’m almost afraid to check up on AU football after work these days.
Players. Recruiting and the portal. Players and recruits talk. 1) You can’t replace this many guys diving head first into the transfer portal. At this point, I don’t anticipate anything today as we close out this year’s recruiting class.   Coaches. Harsin canned Bobo without a plan. 2) CBH found Davis after rummaging veraciously. No play calling or recruiting experience, but still a coach I think most AU fans were willing to get behind. Now he’s gone before he even started. 3) Still baffling to me, Derek Mason leaves for Ok St. Ok St? With no bonus or pay raise?  4) CBH talks to every DL coach he thinks he can persuade. Every top tier DL coach says “no.” CBH is relegated to bringing in an AU alum that’s currently an analyst with a history of short stints at various programs and sadly, a historically sub par recruiter.
Taken together, all of this is not just a horrible look, it portends to more problems to come.

It seems that kids or coaches don’t want to be associated with CBH, after one season. We are hemorrhaging. It has to stop before we bleed out. When we hired Harsin, we weren’t in shambles (i.e. Arkansas). However, be it his coaching style, demeanor, or sheer bad luck, he’s lit a match that AU can’t put out without another change. In the shape we’re in, which I believe will be worse after the 2022 season, we’re not going to get a Cristobal or Brian Kelly level coach. My advice, make CBH hire Jeff Grimes as OC right now with a $2M+ salary and with the arrangement that he’s the HC next season (barring an SECC from CBH). That part of the contract isn’t public. I’d go as far as making it a separate contract. Grimes has been here and knows AU. He’s prepared to be a HC.  Coaches will sign on with Grimes. With Harsin, they’re only signing if they have no other options. Grimes’ offense just won the Big 12 and defeated Ole Miss in the Sugar Bowl. He has extensive OL experience and knows coaches in the South.

I’m no expert, I just know the bleeding has to stop. Setting up Jeff Grimes as the next HC is a plan. At this point, ADAG and the BOT have to have some plan before we’re a heap of ash and rubble. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, Taco said:

Well they kept calling telling me this is my last opportunity to save on some possible expensive repairs!

LOL

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Viper said:

You’re right. The only reason a good, well-known HC wouldn’t come to AU is too much competition. See Lincoln Riley. Then again, there’s guys like Brian Kelly who’s dead set on taking down dink every single season. 

Or he may stay at Baylor because he wants to, and believes he can accomplish his goals there. Riley did not want any part of the SEC, none. So he bolted in the middle of the night. Kelly to LSU truly caught me off guard, and I am intrigued to see how that works out.

• Like 1