Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

Pretty sure the OC was evident on page 1, it's gonna be Kiseau.

The 29 pages are just icing on the cake. 

No homerun hire?  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Pretty sure the OC was evident on page 1, it's gonna be Kiseau.

The 29 pages are just icing on the cake. 

So that’s who you think is best choice? If not put some forward ( should be realistic choice also).

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

So that’s who you think is best choice? If not put some forward ( should be realistic choice also).

He didn’t say that . Pretty sure that just makes the most sense at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Post who you think the new OC will be or at least a short list of those you would like considered.

I agree with them that it's likely Kiesau. I could see either Bodie Reeder or Mike Hartline being promoted to QB coach and being Co-Oc's with Kiesau. Two man tandem with one in the booth helping Harsin. If he conducts a search then no clue because he's so tight lipped right now. 

37 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

Team Briles

Art was a huge actor in a university wide r-pe culture. No one is ever hiring Art

edit: I guess you could be talking about Kendall. My bad if so 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

32 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

We are months beyond a best choice, it's who we've got.

If Harsin is calling the plays, might as well just have his guys that he trusts. Win with them or lose with them, it's the way it should go. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Bodie is the one on the right...hell of a surfer...I don't know about coaching football

image.jpeg.591945d2a05762666d50c63f69aaeeb8.jpeg

Doesn't matter. He's never coming back. 

• Haha 2

I am not one of the many here who seem to think the train is completely off the rails and cannot be recovered at this point. Having said that....if things continue the way they have been for the last 4 months or so, I think Harsin finds his own way out of this for some reason. A way to save face and reputation before he completely sinks a program. I could be wrong.

14 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am not one of the many here who seem to think the train is completely off the rails and cannot be recovered at this point. Having said that....if things continue the way they have been for the last 4 months or so, I think Harsin finds his own way out of this for some reason. A way to save face and reputation before he completely sinks a program. I could be wrong.

No its not off the rails. It looks bad though. Off the rails would be having to fire him for calling late 800 numbers or paying for strippers on the company card or something. It looks bad for sure. People do need to calm down though and wait until fall. 

Also, its going to take time for some of the programs in the SEC, we just need to outlast them and win consistently.  Ole Miss is winning because Auburn and LSU are down. Pittman is 12-11 and they have a good season and we're crowning them or something. Texas A&M hasn't done sheet despite their money and recruiting so far, UF is down, Tenn is down. Hell UK is the second best team in the East? We have to play the long game. Harsin will have to show some progress next year for sure!

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

No its not off the rails. It looks bad though. Off the rails would be having to fire him for calling late 800 numbers or paying for strippers on the company card or something. It looks bad for sure. People do need to calm down though and wait until fall. 

Also, its going to take time for some of the programs in the SEC, we just need to outlast them and win consistently.  Ole Miss is winning because Auburn and LSU are down. Pittman is 12-11 and they have a good season and we're crowning them or something. Texas A&M hasn't done sheet despite their money and recruiting so far, UF is down, Tenn is down. Hell UK is the second best team in the East? We have to play the long game. Harsin will have to show some progress next year for sure!

Like this idea but not sure he can hold the dogs off that long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

That's not how we operate. If he tanks this year it's over. Too much negative attention. 

I hate it too, but things aren't trending in the right direction. But, if he wins this year and gets some momentum, a lot of this will fall to the wayside.

Well if we do that it will be the biggest mistake we make.  If he tanks and we fire him then we have gus and harsin on the unemployed payroll.  With that how money can Auburn raise to pay another coach.  Just about enough money to afford another gus or harsin.  How many dominoes do we have to line up before people realize the dominoes are going to tumble.  Talk about negative optics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Very good post. I agree it is not off the rails, but many here and the millions watching around the world seem to be in full panic mode. 

I am just so thankful that AU Basketball is #1 and we have a game tonight and honestly....I don't have a bit of anxiety or worry about any of this. Thanks Coach Pearl....you help just as much as the Valium.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Bodie is the one on the right...hell of a surfer...I don't know about coaching football

image.jpeg.591945d2a05762666d50c63f69aaeeb8.jpeg

He did disappeared on that last wave. Not sure how many felonies would show up on his back ground check though. I wonder if Johnny Utah is available.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not hardly. Both those yrs ended in 4 loses

How do you end with 4 losses each year when the last game of the season is Alabama and we won that. I know that in 2017 we lost two games after Alabama. Then we lost one bowl game in 2019 after Alabama. So I'm a little confused by what you are trying to say here

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

He did disappeared on that last wave. Not sure how many felonies would show up on his back ground check though. I wonder if Johnny Utah is available.

Well if we are going there....

Watch Necessary Roughness | Prime Video

We could always get Paul Blake (At least he is alive) and maybe Andre Krimm could come in and fill an OL spot for us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

millions watching around the world seem to be in full panic mode. 

There is a billion people in China that could care less.  Once Auburn makes the headlines in China, that’s when I’ll start to worry.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I agree to an extent but there were definitely scandals. A lot, actually. The 4 player armed robbery. A player was shot and killed. Chizik had the infamous security firm brought in. 

So Chizik was behind the robbery? Chiz is an awesome man and coach. But his lockdown of the team was his undoing. No scandal on his part. 

8 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

This world we live in....if you disagree with a female and state your reason why then you are "mansplaining". 

giphy.gif

You know, I find it funny, I treat her like anyone else on here with bad takes.  IMO, not treating her like any other poster on here because she is female would be the sexist thing not when we "mansplain".  

Like I "mansplain" to everyone regardless if they are male, female, old, young, senile (in the case of some), or sane.  I am pretty liberal, progressive guy, I'm sure some of you can tell by my takes but the whole "mansplaining" thing I'll never get.  Like, we are supposed to treat you as equals but when we do its "mansplaining" like...

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

Edit: I love when you guys dislike my posts but are too sheepish to actual come up with a substantive response.  Lets me know that I should probably ignore your opinions in the future.

Edited by Didba
Calling fools out
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1