Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

So that’s who you think is best choice? If not put some forward ( should be realistic choice also).

Losing two offensive coordinators makes it pretty difficult if not near impossible to have a home run hire at this point. Coach harsin has some responsibility in that

9 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

L. O. L. 

I got to say, as a woman myself, being accused of mansplaining something is a first. 

This is the greatest thing I have ever witnessed folks.  Bury me please as nothing will ever top this in my life, sorry to my Wife, future children, my parents. This is it. This is the one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

You know, I find it funny, I treat her like anyone else on here with bad takes.  IMO, not treating her like any other poster on here because she is female would be the sexist thing not when we "mansplain".  

Like I "mansplain" to everyone regardless if they are male, female, old, young, senile (in the case of some), or sane.  I am pretty liberal, progressive guy, I'm sure some of you can tell by my takes but the whole "mansplaining" thing I'll never get.  Like, we are supposed to treat you as equals but when we do its "mansplaining" like...

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

Don't sweat it.  She has a hair trigger on her mansplain gun.

• Like 1

Just now, The Freak said:

Don't sweat it.  She has a hair trigger on her mansplain gun.

Oh I know, I was attempting to slyly point out her hypocrisy. She is easily my least favorite poster on this board and I have had words with many a fool on here.

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Viper said:

So Chizik was behind the robbery? Chiz is an awesome man and coach. But his lockdown of the team was his undoing. No scandal on his part. 

That's a silly way to put it. I suppose you also think Art Briles didn't bear any responsibility in the Baylor scandals?

A leader of an organization doesn't actually have to do anything scandalous himself if the organization he oversees is churning them out.

I'm not saying Chizik wasn't a good dude, but you're gonna lose me if you try to say the types of players he brought in, and the culture he allowed to fester in his locker room, wasn't within his control.

It was. And it led to multiple scandals. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Oh I know, I was attempting to slyly point out her hypocrisy. She is easily my least favorite poster on this board and I have had words with many a fool on here.

That's cause your a misogynist.   /s

(Sorry, that's the cartridge in her second barrel)

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Well if we do that it will be the biggest mistake we make.  If he tanks and we fire him then we have gus and harsin on the unemployed payroll.  With that how money can Auburn raise to pay another coach.  Just about enough money to afford another gus or harsin.  How many dominoes do we have to line up before people realize the dominoes are going to tumble.  Talk about negative optics.

If we are off the rails, we won't be able to afford not to cut him loose. 

I'm not saying he's gone if things stabilize but we only win 6, I'm saying he's gone if it's still a circus and we win 6.

31 minutes ago, shabby said:

How do you end with 4 losses each year when the last game of the season is Alabama and we won that. I know that in 2017 we lost two games after Alabama. Then we lost one bowl game in 2019 after Alabama. So I'm a little confused by what you are trying to say here

What I meant to say is each one of the seasons u mentioned ended with 4 loses on the year. Some of his other ones had more than 4 loses...since 2014 it was an overall downward trajectory. And he still was given multiple years after that

9 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

L. O. L. 

I got to say, as a woman myself, being accused of mansplaining something is a first. 

Misandry can’t let something simple like that get in the way

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Didba said:

This is the greatest thing I have ever witnessed folks.  Bury me please as nothing will ever top this in my life, sorry to my Wife, future children, my parents. This is it. This is the one.

I love it to, as someone who has recently bEen part of her attacks and post stalking.  Gotten along with her great for a very long time and joined the “mansplaining” club this last year, lol.  

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Bring on Cam as OC. That would get lots of good publicity and maybe some good players. We could sure do worse right now.

That would definitely be a mismatched pair.

7 hours ago, wcware said:

I do not think the casual fan really understands football and I know most have no idea what it takes to run a program.

Facts.

7 hours ago, gravejd said:

I don't think the people on this board are casual fans for the most part. 

True but many still don't have the nuance that you can only get from playing the game at a high level or being a coach.  That doesn't mean you cannot have opinions.  Just means they are unable to interpret things from a coach/player perspective vs merely a fan, even a super fan at that.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I love it to, as someone who has recently bEen part of her attacks and post stalking.  Gotten along with her great for a very long time and joined the “mansplaining” club this last year, lol.  

How else can you splain, if you are male?

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I called her out day 1 of me posting regularly on this sub again and I am almost positive she put me on ignore, which is even funnier tbh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Freak said:

That's cause your a misogynist.   /s

(Sorry, that's the cartridge in her second barrel)

I was told relatively recently that my wife of ~25 years and three daughters know I’m a misogynist even if I don’t recognize it. Lack of self awareness on my part obviously…

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Bold move on Cole's part to out Davis unless he had Davis' permission. 

surely, you are joking right?

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Facts.

True but many still don't have the nuance that you can only get from playing the game at a high level or being a coach.  That doesn't mean you cannot have opinions.  Just means they are unable to interpret things from a coach/player perspective vs merely a fan, even a super fan at that.

These coach/player crews y’all keep talking about sure are high on themselves. Maybe if we keep reading y’all’s posts we will at least be able to understand your posts as they are so complicated to get. We will keep trying though, as we unknowing bunch are as stubborn as we are unaccomplished.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Bring on Cam as OC. That would get lots of good publicity and maybe some good players. We could sure do worse right now.

I hate to burst your bubble, but outside of Auburn and Charlotte, Cam isn't exactly viewed favorably. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Would be nice if someone actually had vision and could see a coaches possible greatness.  Some here said napier's demands were a joke b/c he only had 1 or 2 good seasons...well he had a 3rd and got 7+ from UF.  He might be terrible, coaching hires are so hit or miss, but what if he isn't?  That's 2 coaches that wanted our job in the last 10 years.  1 is probably considered a top 3 coach in the nation.  1 was the hottest coach on the market last year.

We got a guy from Idaho whom no one else was trying to hire.  I liked Harsin.  Disliked half of his staff hires.  Seemed to have a solid plan, won the press conference.  6 games seemed to go well, then just disaster.

Probably a little false hope beating banged up Ole Miss.  Arkansas was a good win

I have repeated this ad nauseam but I really wish Bo Nix had taken some calcium or maybe gotten bionic ankles... He doesn't get hurt we get to 9 wins, IMO, and none of this off-season shenanigans matters because we would've beaten Bama in Harsin's FIRST YEAR and kept them out the Natty.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

This HAS to be satire. You cannot seriously think Cam would be a good OC? I could list a litany of reasons why he would be a terrible choice but alas I will refrain.

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

These coach/player crews y’all keep talking about sure are high on themselves. Maybe if we keep reading y’all’s posts we will at least be able to understand your posts as they are so complicated to get. We will keep trying though, as we unknowing bunch are as stubborn as we are unaccomplished.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Me over here in my snarkiness taking in all the misogyny and mansplaining 

0E281A37-EBCB-46D2-86B6-EFFA58FBF03A.gif

It's gotten nearly impossible to have your own viewpoint without being some damn kind of "ist"

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It's gotten nearly impossible to have your own viewpoint without being some damn kind of "ist"

giphy.gif

Its what she does when she is contradicted or called to task…instead of defend her position or providing facts, she throws insults. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1