Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Eat crow for what? You are very rational in your thinking, but you are also willing to take into circumstances and say okay the trends don't make sense. No need to eat crow.

Beat me to it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Reading he may have underestimated what the job required in recruiting and may be having second thoughts. Either way the reporting is all very fuzzy. Curious to read the real story, if it ever gets written. 

When do we fire up the OC hot Board? I will name the first usual suspect... Dell Mcgee

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

CR - I agree, but you can just say disaster or post the titanic next time to save time hahaha

I honestly do not remember ever seeing any quotes or any articles about Davis actually at Auburn. Are we sure he exists?

I thought Davis posted a pic on twitter from campus. Not sure about that.

8 minutes ago, Taco said:

To be fair. 

if you said that Burrows was a generational talent when Brady was hired people would have mocked you. Lol

But regardless. This isn’t a good look. I’m just hoping CBH isn’t our Jeremy Pruitt

Right, but those using it as an example in retrospect should be able to factor that in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

@W.E.D, our true insider. Breaking stories continuously.

Can I get my name on a damn list, please!!!

I remember getting blastef for hearsay and treacherous slander when I alerted the board to Harsin getting covid

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Didba said:

I guess you are right but I meant eat crow on being such an ardent supporter of Harsin.  I guess I don't really have too but this is just very very weird.  This is a very puzzling turn of events to me. 

It's so weird that it's almost hard to believe. The first few weeks at any job are difficult and sometimes overwhelming. He had to know there would be a learning curve. 

This is a young guy trying to establish a very lucrative career. I can't imagine leaving after a couple weeks if he ever wants to work in college FB. 

This is why I'm guessing he has an NFL offer of some sort. But what do I know. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No need to eat crow. As long as Harsins "cruitin finger" ain't broke,we all good.

Hate to break it to you, but it's always been broken. You seeing any OL??

Always_has_been.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

image.gif.99153b23f06d90b78611a94d68cbb48c.gif

Good thing we have basketball. Football is on a downward slope into rocky flop territory,  it seems. @W.E.Dare we allowed to complain about the direction we are moving in yet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, cbo said:

It's so weird that it's almost hard to believe. The first few weeks at any job are difficult and sometimes overwhelming. He had to know there would be a learning curve. 

This is a young guy trying to establish a very lucrative career. I can't imagine leaving after a couple weeks if he ever wants to work in college FB. 

This is why I'm guessing he has an NFL offer of some sort. But what do I know. 

Yeah it doesn’t add up, IMO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CR said:

I thought Davis posted a pic on twitter from campus. Not sure about that.

Yes. He did. I can't find it now. But you are correct.

Just a part of the “great resignation”

probably was told it was office only work….no hybrid options. Major deal breaker these days. 😉

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Good thing we have basketball. Football is on a downward slope into rocky flop territory,  it seems. @W.E.Dare we allowed to complain about the direction we are moving in yet

We should all be aware of the disaster we're headed towards. I've never seen such a bad offseason.  Take into account how awful the last 6 weeks of the season were and then a horrendous bowl game by our new play calling HC...

Oh, and we got 0 OL when it was our #1 priority but let's ignore that whole we convinced ourselves ots better that we got 5 6 year dudes go come back after striking out 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I think we may be in trouble. 

Looks like pass the biscuits was right. This is a disaster of epic proportions. 
I am trying so hard to give him the benefit of the doubt like I did Gus for so many years. But.. after one year and what we have seen so far with the portal, O line recruiting, and coaches leaving, this hire has already proven to be terrible. He may not make it another year.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hate to break it to you, but it's always been broken. You seeing any OL??

Always_has_been.jpg

Well . No . I'm trying to cut the cat some slack, but he seems to be snake bit. I'm hoping against hope he is successful.  But some of the things happening on his watch, screams " over his head"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Oh, and we got 0 OL when it was our #1 priority but let's ignore that whole we convinced ourselves ots better that we got 5 6 year dudes go come back after striking out 

Well I agree with you. I said that the recruiting class was a B+ as long as we signed some o lineman in the portal or from HS during the late period… And that it would be an F if we did not. 
Absolute disaster. I never thought someone could recruit lineman worse than Gus. I was wrong. I keep telling myself he is going to turn it around… but it is a disaster of a hire. No other way to put it at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Well I agree with you. I said that the recruiting class was a B+ as long as we signed some o lineman in the portal or from HS during the late period… And that it would be an F if we did not. 
Absolute disaster. I never thought someone could recruit lineman worse than Gus. I was wrong. I keep telling myself he is going to turn it around… but it is a disaster of a hire. No other way to put it at this point. 

Our magnificent O-line is coming back to help build this program though… 

/S

• Like 1

In October we were 6-2 with wins against ranked opponents and gaining some recruiting momentum. Since then there has been a spiral and loss of momentum like I have not witnessed in all my fandom. Sounds rather obvious but at this point CBH has one option: win really big next year. It is just  hard to understand how fast this has gone so wrong. Still hopeful but this slide has been disheartening. 

Edited by Gowebb11