Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Heard Major Applewhite get named on The Drive. All things considered, I don’t think that would be awful. 

lol yes it would. Dude is just a name. His actually game sucks ass. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

OK OK OK YOU CAUGHT ME!!!! I do care enough to most a gif telling you I do not care!!! lmao. But seriously this point is pointless when said new "OC" (which by the way is in name only since we already know Harsin will be calling the plays next season) will most likely not even be here this time next year when we will probaly have a brand new staff. This all feels VERY SIMILAR to when Scott Loeffler was hired. I am not saying we are about to go winless in the SEC next season. BUUUUUT a 5-7 overall record feels very very possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

At this point who cares who the OC is, it won't help much just saying. 

Why would you even post in this thread then? It is literally put in to discuss who the next OC is.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Why would you even post in this thread then? It is literally put in to discuss who the next OC is.

Because it's a free message board and I can 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Because it's a free message board and I can 😁

I was trying to find your logic, not questioning your basic forum rights (but you knew that right).

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I was trying to find your logic, not questioning your basic forum rights (but you knew that right).

That's not what you asked? I mean it's not that hard to find my logic. 🤷 It's as simple as we don't have the players to do much next year. So it really doesn't matter who the OC is at this point in time. 😎

Edited by autiger88
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol yes it would. Dude is just a name. His actually game sucks ass. 

Don’t get me wrong. I agree. But I was under the impression that we were basically at a point where Harsin was going to have to promote a analyst or hire a high school qb coach. Compared to that, someone with MA’s experience isn’t bad.

I don’t know if it matters that Major Applewhite isn’t a great OC if Harsin is going to run the offense.  Applewhite would just be a Qb whisperer and help with prep.  Harsin is going to be running the show ala Gus

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

I don’t know if it matters that Major Applewhite isn’t a great OC if Harsin is going to run the offense.  Applewhite would just be a Qb whisperer and help with prep.  Harsin is going to be running the show ala Gus

I don’t really think we know this for sure. When he went to the Davis hire it was surmised that he would call plays and train Davis on that aspect as he had never done that. If we wind up with someone like MA, it is my guess it would look considerably different. The Bobo offense was stated to be a combined offense with Bobo calling plays.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

At this point who cares who the OC is, it won't help much just saying. 

There is equal blame, Harsin and AU administration for their actions this last week. They have set the program back years

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Why would any real OC join Harsin if they know he is calling plays? 

Just add Co-OC to Coach Kiesau and find an up and coming QB Coach and do same.  

This is the perfect time to hire a pure recruiter if Harsin is essentially going to be the defacto OC and play caller

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t really think we know this for sure. When he went to the Davis hire it was surmised that he would call plays and train Davis on that aspect as he had never done that. If we wind up with someone like MA, it is my guess it would look considerably different. The Bobo offense was stated to be a combined offense with Bobo calling plays.

Last year looked weird. Combo between those two plus adapting to the players. I'm thinking we'll be running the full blown Boise offense. Been looking at 2020 Boise highlights when Kiesau was OC to get a feel. Seems like more pre snap motions and creativity in the run game compared to what we did this year

I know I keep mentioning it but Harsin’s best play is to hire Dell and give him the keys to the offense. He literally doesn’t have anything to lose at this point by having Dell do it for his first time and Dell may up our recruiting. Not gonna happen, but I do feel like that’s the best strategy.

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I know I keep mentioning it but Harsin’s best play is to hire Dell and give him the keys to the offense. He literally doesn’t have anything to lose at this point by having Dell do it for his first time and Dell may up our recruiting. Not gonna happen, but I do feel like that’s the best strategy.

I don't see him giving up the offense to an unknown when his backs against the wall.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Simplest thing is to go with Kiesau and move Trovon to WR coach. But, that may make too much sense.

Who coaches QBs? Feel like we'd need a full time QB coach 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

This is the perfect time to hire a pure recruiter if Harsin is essentially going to be the defacto OC and play caller

I agree. That would be a win-win for the coaching situation and players. We desperately need a top recruiter. Just need to make the right money available to be able to get one.

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Last year looked weird. Combo between those two plus adapting to the players. I'm thinking we'll be running the full blown Boise offense. Been looking at 2020 Boise highlights when Kiesau was OC to get a feel. Seems like more pre snap motions and creativity in the run game compared to what we did this year

I thought I read way awhile ago now the he (Kiesau) was rumored to have already decided against that role.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

That's more than enough logic for this place

14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought I read way awhile ago now the he (Kiesau) was rumored to have already decided against that role.

Don't quote me, but I think they ran the same offense his whole tenure and the OC would work hand in hand, like Gus. What I'm not sure on is if this was his offense this year, or if it was Bobo's, or a combo. I tend to think a combo with adjustments to the personnel, but I'm really not sure. I believe Harsin called plays in 2016, so that may be good highlights to watch

• Like 1