Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

10 hours ago, auburnphan said:

my apologies, lol. I started typing and then deleted a bunch and ended up with gibberish!!  lol

Getting that Co-OC title meant everything to DC, unfortunately it meant nothing to Gus.  He went in with a bunch of ideas and thoughts and was ignored.  Gus was gonna Gus and e all know that now.  Everyone jumped on DC for calling out Gus the genius.  It should have been a warning sign for all of us.  I stood with DC then and  took a beating.  I called out the hiring of an unqualified Kodi Burns to the same salary and job description showed flaws in Gus.  As far as receivers dropping balls when he  was coach that was something that happened for Gus' entire tenure as coach.  This was because of his terrible practice and training plan.    I have pointed that out from day one.

Remember when everyone in college football thought that Gus was a genius and coaches from all over the country would come to watch practices that one year, nobody ever did after that year.  He was exposed.

Gus wasn’t exposed, he just never evolved

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Viper said:

It will be awesome when Auburn fires your boy in 9 1/2 months. For those who believed the allegations were going to result in termination or his escape from them has strengthened his longevity in Auburn, ask any HC recruiting against him how extremely simplistic it is now compared to just two weeks ago when it was child's play.

Nothing has changed his fate. Only the irreparable damage between now and then.

If you think that's awesome...perhaps you need to enter the transfer portal. I'm sure Harsin can get you a NIL deal in Boise next year...if they'll even take him back.

Out of curiosity, did you ever support Coach Harsin or did you just hate him from the beginning?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Here we go...remember saying this bout 10 days ago. Along with numerous other posts blasting me.. You weren't harping on 9 months then, it was  " He's gone.. I'm right, you wrong" blah blah blah. No need for me to go on and on. Take a trip down memory lane and read your post for yourself..  I bet those words sting now like a hornets tail don't they LOL... This has been more entertainment than one should be allowed to have on Monday. BTW the more u retort,the sillier you look.. Thanks for all the 😃.  NWALA TIGER OUT!!

Where did I say that the allegations would terminate him? Please quote that. You can't.

Speaking of quotes...

On 1/31/2022 at 3:00 PM, Viper said:

Never said now. He will be gone by 12/1/22.

On 2/5/2022 at 5:27 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

This will be my final response to u.

Edited by Viper

2 hours ago, au302 said:

"your boy"... the last I checked this guy's still the AU coach lol. I have no doubt you are frustrated because you love Auburn, but the tribalistic factions we've formed on here in regards to coaches is crazy. This staff and these players need us behind them more than ever 

So you were one of the 20 peeps who attended the Harsin rally?

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Lmao. I needed a study break. Thanks for the free entertainment you just gave me. 

Man, he was blasting me when the allegations broke. You should go read all  his posts. I told him if he was correct, I would admit so. But he just wouldn't stop. Now he wants to say he meant he will be gone in 9 months. But he can't keep his lies straight cause he also posts that Harsin will be gone by 2024.. But when the allegations broke, he couldn't wait to get on here and hunt me up.. I will give it to him though, he is an awesome crawfisher 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I will give it to him though, he is an awesome crawfisher 

Maybe I am just out of the times.  In this sense of the phrase, what is a crawfisher?  Same as trolling?

38 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Maybe I am just out of the times.  In this sense of the phrase, what is a crawfisher?  Same as trolling?

It’s a guy who fishes for crawfish. 

image.gif.de4273579fe8ed2283b5eea927114235.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WDECT said:

What is the AU process for new hires?  Do we go off the network of CBH and current coaches?  Do we employ a search firm?   

I think it's all up to Harsin. I don't think Auburn is too involved in the search. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Yeah similar... us old timers prefer the term crawfishing

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Man, he was blasting me when the allegations broke. You should go read all  his posts. I told him if he was correct, I would admit so. But he just wouldn't stop. Now he wants to say he meant he will be gone in 9 months. But he can't keep his lies straight cause he also posts that Harsin will be gone by 2024.. But when the allegations broke, he couldn't wait to get on here and hunt me up.. I will give it to him though, he is an awesome crawfisher 

Oh trust I’ve read it. That’s called safe debating . When one of your gloating points don’t work, go back to the safe one. 

Edited by DAG

23 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Getting that Co-OC title meant everything to DC,

So Craig, they guy who recruited for FSU by calling Auburn a racist school, is your hero? Figures.

13 hours ago, au302 said:

I have no doubt you are frustrated because you love Auburn, but the tribalistic factions we've formed on here in regards to coaches is crazy. This staff and these players need us behind them more than ever 

This....you nailed it.   ..long time til A Day and August.   The program  could use some 'blind support'  from the fan base for a few weeks.   

Not to be philosophical, but I think all of us are awfully quick to be keyboard warriors and post stuff that is often misinterpreted.    Too bad there isn't a pizza joint nearby we could all meet in once a week.   And if a real fight broke out, it might be even more entertaining!  Could be fun - 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I think all of us are awfully quick to be keyboard warriors and post stuff that is often misinterpreted

I put on war paint every morning when I get to my desk. My coworkers don't talk to me.

Nah, I definitely get misinterpreted and, more often, misinterpret. And none of it is as serious as we make it out to be. 

Does this pizza joint have any really great pilsners or IPAs on tap?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Beaker said:

This....you nailed it.   ..long time til A Day and August.   The program  could use some 'blind support'  from the fan base for a few weeks.   

Not to be philosophical, but I think all of us are awfully quick to be keyboard warriors and post stuff that is often misinterpreted.    Too bad there isn't a pizza joint nearby we could all meet in once a week.   And if a real fight broke out, it might be even more entertaining!  Could be fun - 

Meeting in a pizza joint seems like it could be quite a bit more civil and might involve less bloodletting.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I put on war paint every morning when I get to my desk. My coworkers don't talk to me.

Nah, I definitely get misinterpreted and, more often, misinterpret. And none of it is as serious as we make it out to be. 

Does this pizza joint have any really great pilsners or IPAs on tap?

If it is worth it's salt, it does.

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So Craig, they guy who recruited for FSU by calling Auburn a racist school, is your hero? Figures.

Hero, no.  A stand up guy yes.  What did he say at the time that was not true?

11 hours ago, Viper said:

So you were one of the 20 peeps who attended the Harsin rally?

Nope, just a fan that wants to see us win. I cheered like hell for Gus to turn it around until the end, despite being tired of his offense, and I'll damn sure cheer like hell for Freeze next year. And every guy after that.

But right now, Bryan Harsin is the coach of Auburn, and if he fails, Auburn fails. So despite also having my frustrations with him and the program, I'm getting behind this staff and the players right now. They need it more than ever

• Like 6

4 hours ago, au302 said:

Nope, just a fan that wants to see us win. I cheered like hell for Gus to turn it around until the end

I cheered like hell for Gus too, even after 2014 A&M. Even after the blunders of 2015 & 2016. Cheered even more when Stidham committed. Cheered through the down year of 2018. Why did I keep cheering despite the constant Gus disappointments? Because he & his staff kept us in the Top 10 of recruiting nearly every single season. That always gave Gus a chance.

You simply cannot compete with our rivals finishing #18 in recruiting behind the likes of Missouri & Kentucky. Harsin has showed zero improvement or even a hint of a change of that forecast leading up to the allegations. The allegations, regardless of who attempted to take him down, make recruiting 1000 times more difficult.

He was already on razor thin ice, hence the Code Red to take him out. Now he’s a wounded soldier in no man’s land with no weapons. He is in a no-win situation. He is walking the Green Mile of SEC coaching. No blue chip recruits want to risk their careers playing for him. No blue chip assistants want to dent their careers coaching for him.

Barring a Gus-ish repeat of 2013, he is history after the 11/26/22 massacre. And I don’t see Nick Marshall, Dee Ford or Chris Davis coming to his rescue.

I want to see us win too. But it won’t be with the coach with no name. Never was. Never will be.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

6 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

So never supported him but only started to hate him as the season progressed? 

Wrong on the latter. My reasons are well-documented on the former.