Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

10 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Wow!! Maybe my memory is not as bad as thought. Major had some kind CoEd drama, but have no idea the details on that. So probably should have kept that under my hat. 

Did Major have a stint at bama?

He had relations with a CoEd(while a coach)at a bowl game if I remember correctly.

*edit not on the sidelines during the game *

He was Sabans first or second OC at Bammer I think.. 

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac

10 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Major had some kind CoEd drama, but have no idea the details on that

He was probably 30ish and banged a college student who was a trainer on staff

4 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Dang, you kids need everything explained Barney-style. 😜

Anyone who's ever tried to catch a crawfish by hand in a creek, which would be most of us prior to the bubble wrap childhood generation, can tell you that a crawfish can reverse direction in an eyeblink, and can go backwards about as fast as they can go forward. Hence the term "crawfishing" refers to someone trying to back out of something they said. 

Excellent analogy and explanation 👏 

• Like 1

Would have been nice to hire Applewhite last year and get the S. Alabama WR that dominated their conference.

Have absolutely no idea if he's a good coach or not, but he's at least local and should know a lot of the state.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, McFU said:

I have always liked that name a long with Captain Munnerlyn.  I always thought those would make great names for the game CLUE.

You guys know that he was named after bammer RB Major Ogilvie, right? And later fired by Saban as OC. 

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Everything he said about AU being a racist school was a lie. He was being paid to lie and he did. I hope Craig stays far, far away from Auburn for the rest of his career.

I disagree and I will remove the emotion.  Like you  said, he was paid to recruit (and lie/negative recruit) against us.  The man did his job and is a hell of a recruiter.  I think he brought in Jameis  Winston (from BHM ? ) to FSU.   I could be wrong, but I think he did.

I would absolutely welcome him as he could  coach QBs  and has done it, some   (box checked).

He is an absolutle beast on the recruiting trail.   (box checked)

He could be the OC - and develop his resume and we know Harsin is calling plays (box checked)

He could be the lead recruiter for all the O players and maybe we get on these guys faster ( box checked)

He is from Mobil (McGill Toolen? ) and would help us tremendously down there (box checked)

We would be hurting a rival (TAMU ) (box checked) He just helped land the #1 class in the SEC/nation.

He now has ties in Texas (box checked)

He knows the SEC (box checked)

That is a lot of boxes fellas.....I would rather him working for us and not against us.

What did Sun Tzu say about your enemies?....

Edited by Beaker
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I have no idea how good he is at OC. But, I've heard him speak at Texas High School coaching convention and he is a good character guy. I'd be fine with him since Harsin is probably gonna call plays anyway. Major was an undersized overachieving QB in college and would be a great influence on our QB's.

Wish you would've said something.  We could've met up. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

He was probably 30ish and banged a college student who was a trainer on staff

Good lord are all these coaches sleaze bags or the ones that we are just interested in? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good lord are all these coaches sleaze bags or the ones that we are just interested in? 

Probs the vast majority are.  Making 500k in Austin and being in your late 20s...it's probably pretty to lose your path.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

You guys know that he was named after bammer RB Major Ogilvie, right? And later fired by Saban as OC. 

And then later came back to Bama as an offensive analyst.

Leaders from the web....

Three primary candidates (in order of how I see this playing out):

1. Major Applewhite — former head coach at Houston, twice an assistant at Alabama, current OC at South Ala.
*Applewhite served with/alongside Harsin at Texas in 2011 and '12

2. Justin Fuente — former head coach at Virginia Tech and Memphis.

3. Brian Schottenheimer — QB coach with the Jacksonville Jags, former OC with several NFL teams and UGA (2015)

Good lord if we get past 2 and hire R2P2 as our OC

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Leaders from the web....

Good lord if we get past 2 and hire R2P2 as our OC

Who do you

like best out of this list? I am tired of NFL guys at this point lol

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Who do you

like best out of this list? I am tired of NFL guys at this point lol

Shotty is a nepotism hire his entire life and has been completely terrible anytime he's been an OC. UGA especially. I'd be furious if it was him.

Fuentes seems like the best hire on the list. He put out good offenses at TCU under a defensive HC and was good at Memphis. 

Applewhite just seems meh

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Shotty is a nepotism hire his entire life and has been completely terrible anytime he's been an OC. UGA especially. I'd be furious if it was him.

Fuentes seems like the best hire on the list. He put out good offenses at TCU under a defensive HC and was good at Memphis. 

Applewhite just seems meh

Pretty ignorant on coach Fuentes . Going to have to do some more research . 2 for 2 now 

Just now, DAG said:

Pretty ignorant on coach Fuentes . Going to have to do some more research . 2 for 2 now 

What is the 2 for 2??

He was co OC at TCU and ran a spread offense. Not sure who called plays or what the other person was. It seemed like he was Co OC longer, at least looking at their 2011 team on wiki. 

He's credited for Andy Dalton's development and I think he had a top QB drafted when he was winning at Memphis 

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What is the 2 for 2??

He was co OC at TCU and ran a spread offense. Not sure who called plays or what the other person was. It seemed like he was Co OC longer, at least looking at their 2011 team on wiki. 

He's credited for Andy Dalton's development and I think he had a top QB drafted when he was winning at Memphis 

Two posters straight suggesting him as the best option. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Two posters straight suggesting him as the best option. 

Ah.  Missed that post.

9 minutes ago, au302 said:

Justin Fuente chatter, plus smoke that we're in it for JT Daniels. AU football always sucking me back in lol

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478k7u081phrs4o8dqwp

19 minutes ago, au302 said:

Justin Fuente chatter, plus smoke that we're in it for JT Daniels. AU football always sucking me back in lol

We got more QBs than offensive linemen lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I like the Fuentes option but none of those guys seem like they would fit with what Harsin is trying to do. I was under the impression that he wanted to manage the offense and have someone come in and help game plan and coach QBs. Is that no longer the expectation? Applewhite and Fuentes would both want to run the offense and have control of it based on their history as establish OCs. I'm expecting someone similar to Davis....current QB coach with little to no OC experience. And hopefully with less personal problems. 

• Like 1