Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Mods on other site don't know crap. Haven't you learned that yet....I'm the only Mod that counts......

How high can you count?

I suppose now, we are in need of a receivers coach and some replacement analysts/recruiters. Would be fine with me if we could hire a few recruiters to help Trovon work some magic.

Finally. 

If it's true that Kiesau was offered the job before and didn't take it, then he sure caused a big mess for nothing, lol.

If Harsin is calling the plays like he was going to with Davis, then would that free up Kiesau to be a "passing game coordinator" that can coach QBs and also help out with receivers? Thus allowing Reed to slide over to a WR apprenticeship under Kiesau? Reed still doesn't have an on-field role that would allow him to keep recruiting, correct?

Taking recruiting out of it for a second, I've thought this was the most sensible result since the moment Bobo was fired. Adding recruiting back into it, it will still make good sense as long as we have another ace recruiter on staff. Reed certainly seems to qualify, especially with LSU- thus, Louisiana- being the WR factory they've been going back as long as I can remember. 

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Finally. 

If it's true that Kiesau was offered the job before and didn't take it, then he sure caused a big mess for nothing, lol.

If Harsin is calling the plays like he was going to with Davis, then would that free up Kiesau to be a "passing game coordinator" that can coach QBs and also help out with receivers? Thus allowing Reed to slide over to a WR apprenticeship under Kiesau? Reed still doesn't have an on-field role that would allow him to keep recruiting, correct?

Taking recruiting out of it for a second, I've thought this was the most sensible result since the moment Bobo was fired. Adding recruiting back into it, it will still make good sense as long as we have another ace recruiter on staff. Reed certainly seems to qualify, especially with LSU- thus, Louisiana- being the WR factory they've been going back as long as I can remember. 

That’s a lot on Kiesau’s plate.  QBs, 1/2 time WRs, passing game coordinator, plus recruiting duties?  Maybe they could give him a bunch of analysts.

On 2/15/2022 at 5:19 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Ace Recruiter Malzahn & staff sucked out almost $29 Million, Chizik and his gang took $11 Million and the Tuberville boys $6 Million, give or take. It’s kind of what we do. I take Harsin’s “ no thank you” as a move towards breaking the cycle. And for that I say thank you. If it causes you to want to jump off the roof, as it appears it does, I would suggest you direct your angst towards the common denominator in all of the above. 

All HCs are smart. Most importantly, they're smart enough to hire Jimmy Sexton or another good agent, who are masters at leveraging Universities & boosters.

Harsin broke no such cycle. If anything, he did exactly the same. I take Harsin's "no thank you" to the severance pay as being 8-10M richer in 9 1/2 months. You would. I would. Everyone would.

That doesn't make his 0-5 finish to the season vanish. That doesn't make his lack of clout in the HC ranks vanish. That doesn't make the walking out of very well-respected Derek Mason vanish. That doesn't make a 43-day Casper the Friendly Ghost OC vanish. That doesn't make finishing #18 in recruiting behind Missouri & Kentucky vanish. That doesn't make the Code Red to take him out by any means necessary vanish.

My angst is towards the PTB for not having a 100% lock HC lined up prior to letting Gus go. Instead, they hired a fallback guy that was never on their radar...a guy they had to reach down to the Mariana Trench for...a guy no one in the AL/GA area had ever heard of.

And now...we ALL are suffering the consequences of their foolish actions.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2022 at 6:11 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

🤣 keep on posting .  Each retort makes you look more and more foolish. Man people on here are laughing at u. Don't u get that? I'm not trying to claim a victory for nothing... Unlike you, I want what's best for AU. You just wanna be right..I'm starting to feel kinda sorry for you.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5