Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

What a damn mess. Deny it all you want to.....but Harsin has been very inept so far. It's embarrassing.

LMAO, you are like clockwork.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

This is great. Because of all the crap players who left us got for being “petty” on social media. 

So this is great In a lol way. Not good that our house is burning type

Edited by Taco

Realistically I'm assuming Harsin's buyout will give him at least a third year...ugh.

I'm not asking for a Brian Kelly. Just a Shane Beamer.

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

At least we still have Will Friend and his one OL recruit. 

Yeah how tf is he still here?

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

My goodness. Is that where we are? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Taco said:

Yeah how tf is he still here?

My goodness. Is that where we are? 

He clearly has USCe going in the right direction. How much better would we be feeling if we had gotten Spencer Rattler?

So yes.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Wish this would piss Harsin off and make him go throw a big check at Grimes and his OL coach. I'll even take Andy Ludwig. But we know it's gonna be either Kiesau or Reeder. Probably both as Co-OC's with Reeder as QB's coach

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Realistically I'm assuming Harsin's buyout will give him at least a third year...ugh.

Is there a clause in the contract for ineptitude where we don't have to pay the buyout and can let him go?  I am almost kidding.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not. Auburn will revert back on its own and hire Clay Helton

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

No it will be Rhett Lashlee 🥲

200w.gif

2 hours ago, cbo said:

This is why you hire someone with actual coaching experience. Not two years coaching an established superstar QB. Recruiting takes more than “hey, I know Russel Wilson!” 

You figured we would have learned after Loeffler knew Tom Brady lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DAG said:

There is no way to spin this if true. It all started back with the WRs coach who everyone tried to vilify..I've never seen a season with so much instability.

Man when I say I tried to warn people how weird and stupid that was and most of this board was so angry at it

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Is there a clause in the contract for ineptitude where we don't have to pay the buyout and can let him go?  I am almost kidding.

Well if we fire him for cause we don't have to pay the buyooooooooooouuuut buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, ineptitude is unfortunately not sufficient.  Quick, someone get a motorcycle, some chloroform, Harsin, a hot coed from within the department and make sure you get the coed to sign a NDA...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Taco said:

This is great. Because of all the crap players who left us got for being “petty” on social media. 

So this is great In a lol way. Not good that our house is burning type

People are playing by the old rules with the social media perspectives. The well ran programs don’t have these issues. The average program occasionally does. The poorly ran ones PRODUCE these headcases. Finley didn’t have the randomly timed laughing emojis at LSU, he wasn’t a headcase. Calzada and Robby were praised were being by the book, strictly football guys. They weren’t on social media aghast at their coaches.
We are creating an environment that produces this public clownery

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

I am going to try to remain positive and hope that Harsin has a miracle season next year… And that he signs five high school all American OTs 

Signing five high school all American OT's will have to wait until next year too. There is only one un-signed prospect in Rivals list of top 40 OT's and he lives in Seattle.

Let’s call a spades a spade CBH was and is still learning on the job. Someone said X’s and  O’s are the same no matter where u are . That maybe true but some places that carries more weight than others. U have to truly understand the task at hand and be able to adjust accordingly.

• Like 1

I got crushed for saying that he was in over his head when he was hired. Most looked solely at the winning record and probably never have watched Boise play much because of time difference. Most Boise fans stated that it wasn’t what it seems. Now that he is on a bigger stage it is being magnified of the miscues. It’s not totally a sinking ship as it seems the players that came back believe in the process. Auburn normally does well when everyone counts them out. Hopefully CBH is learning to adapt to the landscape.
Hell I wouldn’t blame him if he had a good sit down talk with CBP for some insight.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

I got crushed for saying that he was in over his head when he was hired. Most looked solely at the winning record and probably never have watched Boise play much because of time difference. Most Boise fans stated that it wasn’t what it seems. Now that he is on a bigger stage it is being magnified of the miscues. It’s not totally a sinking ship as it seems the players that came back believe in the process. Auburn normally does well when everyone counts them out. Hopefully CBH is learning to adapt to the landscape.
Hell I wouldn’t blame him if he had a good sit down talk with CBP for some insight.

I think it’s also something said for comfortability. Even if BSU wasn’t a job that’s essentially a group of 5 Honda, something that is damn near indestructible, it’s also a job he knew more than well. 
I don’t think you need SEC experience to succeed in the SEC. But I do think you need to have felt legitimate uncomfortability and some fire from your fans, the media, your boosters, hard headed players, SOMEONE

Harbs isn’t the greatest example because he is a Michigan man, but the Michigan he took over was markedly different, OSU was, and the B10 was too. However, this guy has seen everything except that dynamic, so I always felt like he could at least handle the expectations, even when it wasn’t correlating to national success. You could liken it to a company hiring a meh guy with a bevy of work experience over a 22 year old with a golden resume that’s never worked a single day 

• Like 1