Men vs Alabama Game Thread

Maverick.AU

I just saw a post game video celebration with the reverse rammer jammer. Thought they made us stop doing that!! So great!!! Post game celebration was so awesome. Would loved to have been there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

I just saw a post game video celebration with the reverse rammer jammer. Thought they made us stop doing that!! So great!!! Post game celebration was so awesome. Would loved to have been there.

we did it after 2019 Iron Bowl I believe. I also saw a video floating around of us doing it after one of the basketball IBs in either 2018 or 19

4 hours ago, Viper said:

Because we blocked or altered everything in the paint, they resorted to only 3’s. Even when they got within 2, I wasn’t worried because a college team can’t keep nailing 3’s all game. It’s not survivable. 

esp once we threw the zone out there and emphasized allowing guys not named Quinerly or Shackleford take those threes

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

esp once we threw the zone out there and emphasized allowing guys not named Quinerly or Shackleford take those threes

Quinerly isn't much of a three point shooter. Elis and Shackleford are the two to watch.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It was a matter of time before our D out-manned those two. They played nearly the entire game. The zone halted them, but man-to-man would have eventually beat them just by pure odds that a perimeter-only game can’t beat top teams, esp on the road. Too many long rebounds = transition points for the other team.

52 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Quinerly isn't much of a three point shooter. Elis and Shackleford are the two to watch.

I was talking about the specific game, not the players in a general sense. Quinerly was a shooter that night 

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

It was a matter of time before our D out-manned those two. They played nearly the entire game. The zone halted them, but man-to-man would have eventually beat them just by pure odds that a perimeter-only game can’t beat top teams, esp on the road. Too many long rebounds = transition points for the other team.

I hear you, but I think they did a great job of just beating our guys off the dribble and creating open drive and kick opportunities for one another. But tired legs should’ve eventually came into play, I would think. Either way, great change up by Pearl

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I was talking about the specific game, not the players in a general sense. Quinerly was a shooter that night 

I hear you, but I think they did a great job of just beating our guys off the dribble and creating open drive and kick opportunities for one another. But tired legs should’ve eventually came into play, I would think. Either way, great change up by Pearl

They are two very good guards, but not even Steph Curry & Klay Thompson as a duo can’t keep shooting lights out all game. They will get cold and that’s when a well-rounded, talent at all positions team will beat a 2-man team.

3 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

They’ll have to pry it out of my cold, dead mouth. 

• Haha 1

Reviewing the Box Score we had 5 players in double figures plus Cambridge with 8. That is one of the things that make Auburn so good is we can spread the scoring around and we have multiple players who can get hot if others are off. Plus we out rebounded them and played tough D.  Kessler allows our guards to take chances on D as if they take a chance and get beat he is there to clean it up.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I just saw a post game video celebration with the reverse rammer jammer. Thought they made us stop doing that!!

The band started playing the tune as ESPN went to commercial. Too bad as they played it prior to commercial when they beat Baylor. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, Viper said:

The band started playing the tune as ESPN went to commercial. Too bad as they played it prior to commercial when they beat Baylor. 

That's one of the best ones I've heard.  Gets loud and clear in that arena doesn't it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Viper said:

I love that song

• Love 2

On 2/3/2022 at 9:46 AM, Viper said:

So beautiful i teared up!

• Love 1