Poll: Where are we right now?

DyeCampAlum

47 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

14 months

Idk, maybe giving him time to actually rebuild is too much to ask. He didn’t get us #1 recruiting class and we likely won’t win 10 games next year. Guess it time to cut him loose.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1.. I am so annoyed with Auburn's inability to hire an actual football coach who can turn things around. On one extreme they hire "good ole bois" and on the other they hire a nobody who won't be able to get it done and may be on his way out. 

Oddly...I feel no emotion.  It all just seems broken.  Maybe we can all just blame the updykes for wanting to carry attention away from their drunk coaches.

Edited by kennypowers

16 hours ago, fasttimes said:

How long has harsin been on the job?

14 months. That's 14 months when not one positive thing has been accomplished. Recruiting down the drain, transfer portal results down the drain, player retention down the drain, five game losing streak and blown leads too painful to mention.

I wanted the guy to succeed, as any Auburn fan would. If Harsin succeeds, then Auburn succeeds. Now, 14 months later, the football program is in worse shape than it was when he was hired.

If Harsin was going to fix things, he should have shown some progress by now. There's been nothing in a positive direction.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I wanted the guy to succeed, as any Auburn fan would. If Harsin succeeds, then Auburn succeeds. Now, 14 months later, the football program is in worse shape than it was when he was hired.

Considering the rumors about an affair with a staffer, which may be completely unfounded and appear to be fading, the division of opinion among current and former players, the number of players in the portal, -1 on NSD, the loss of multiple coaches he hired, our two closest rivals recently playing for a national championship, I would say the football program is at an all time low. I lived thru the Barfield years and nine straight losses to the turds, but this is the worst to me, and it is a public relations nightmare. The worst part is the division among the players, and them publicly expressing their opinions, some of which carry significant influence because of the credibility they earned on the field. Think Smoke Monday and John Samuel Shenker. 

• Thanks 3

On 2/2/2022 at 7:58 PM, CR said:

1. We are losing players and coaches at a dizzying rate. Seem to be totally lost recruiting players either high school or transfers. Acquiring talent matters more than ever and there is no sign we are improving in this area. OL and now DL will be decimated after 2022.

Agree:  1

3 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Oddly...I feel no emotion.  It all just seems broken.  Maybe we can all just blame the updykes for wanting to carry attention away from their drunk coaches.

I thought it was also to divert attention away from UA renaming one of their campus buildings that’s already named after a KKK member.

I’m still going to say a 2. There’s a small chance that Harsin turns it all around or that he leaves quickly and gets replaced by someone better. But I feel like the program is going in the wrong direction. Have another losing season next year, and I’ll be a solid 1.