Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Which player do you talk to since Bo left

Never talked to Bo. I'm a grown ass man. I don't have to affirm my manhood by claiming inside information with players.

I speak from experience. Coach Dye pissed off a lot of guys. But they stayed and persevered. After the culling, things settled into a solid routine that all players felt a part of. 

If Harsin is allowed to follow his vision, we might have that success again. Or we may not.

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't see the point of posting one particular side. We know both sides are posting if we aren't going to acknowledge both sides it doesn't make sense

Here are a couple of reasons:  1) people leaving aren’t happy.  It happens in every walk of life.   Typically, people are unhappy and don’t like or get along with people  when they leave one place to go to  another place.   2) it stands to reason that if he was such an ahole, nobody would  stay.   
I don’t have any say on whether he leaves or stays.   I’m not a big fan on how things are playing out on where college football is going.   It should raise a lot of eyebrows when a receiver leaves a national championship team and would have possibly been the best receiver on the team, to transfer to the team he beat.   

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

Never talked to Bo. I'm a grown ass man. I don't have to affirm my manhood by claiming inside information with players.

I speak from experience. Coach Dye pissed off a lot of guys. But they stayed and persevered. After the culling, things settled into a solid routine that all players felt a part of. 

If Harsin is allowed to follow his vision, we might have that success again.

You didn't get it. Ok. What year did dye coach?

If and I do emphasize IF is that there is 1 or 2 options.  If it is true his coaching style is making players leave then option 1: if he is  recruiting SEC players then he is targeting 4 and 5 star players.  These by sheer ranking are prima dona's and have been pampered long before they will ever enter college and by that standard Harsin will have to change the way he coaches.  Option 2:  Is to go after the less talented player that hasn't been pampered and would be more receptive to his style of coaching and hope, toughness, development and coaching will outweigh talent.  Or I guess there is another option if he doesn't want to do either option is go back to the Mountain West where option 1 and 2 meet.

12 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

This whole thing, to me hinges on whether he did something immoral, which was the claim about 30 pages ago.

If he didn't, and he's just too tough and not personable enough, he is going nowhere. That's not a termination worthy, but it is a point to grown from.

If the initial claim is proven to be false and was started by his enemies, I hope there is litigation. 

Yep. This. 

The question is how do you come back from this? President and BOT releases a statement supporting him? Don't want Jetgate 2.0, but we had the Iron bowl to rally around

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

I’ll be pretty bold here: 

This is basically a battle of “the old ways” vs “the new way” within the football program

Auburn family mentality is on its way out with Harsin. The players staying are gonna be 100% Harsin and live, breathe, eat football. Where Bird and other have alluded to Harsin processing our players, well he definitely is getting rid of them players that don’t want to be on his ship, and not recruiting the players that don’t want to be on his ship no matter their rankings, stats, whatever. 

The Auburn Family culture is on its way out with Harsin. 

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I disagree

I wouldn't expect anything else 🤣

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sorry didn't mean to hurt you

Oh yes you sure hurt my feelings 🙄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Why are we still making Coach Dye comparisons??? What’s the value in that?

Because that is truly the last time the culture was so bad it needed a hard reset.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If Harsin is allowed to follow his vision, we might have that success again. Or we may not.

Coach Dye was good for the program and old school like Harsin seems to be.  The difference is the portal.  It gives the players more autonomy over their time in college.  We evidently have a lot of players that don’t believe in themselves enough to go through tough times and come out ahead.  It is a sad state of affairs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Here are a couple of reasons:  1) people leaving aren’t happy.  It happens in every walk of life.   Typically, people are unhappy and don’t like or get along with people  when they leave one place to go to  another place.   2) it stands to reason that if he was such an ahole, nobody would  stay.   
I don’t have any say on whether he leaves or stays.   I’m not a big fan on how things are playing out on where college football is going.   It should raise a lot of eyebrows when a receiver leaves a national championship team and would have possibly been the best receiver on the team, to transfer to the team he beat.   

This wasn't good at all. I think alot of you are mixing transfers and the Instagram people up. Everybody that spoke out aren't players that left. 

And when have you ever seen an entire football team leave? Your number 2 simply isn't true at all. 

Lastly EVERYBODY knows there are two sides that are both speaking out. It doesn't make any sense to say forget these 20 guys focus on these 7 guys......(who were all starters btw)

All we've heard for months is that CBH is a hard ass and he's changing the culture and it is a positive because we need tougher players, etc.   Now he's too much of a hard ass and we need the warmth and feel of a Family for the players?

What the heck do people want? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I wouldn't expect anything else 🤣

Oh yes you sure hurt my feelings 🙄

Had to the way you responded. But cool you rolled your eyes. Carry on

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Correct but that has been my whole emphasis on potentially moving on. It’s a ridiculous assertion without proof. I hope the board gets down to the crutch of this instantaneously and put it to bed. Cannot let it drag out 

I edited my post after you started replying, I think. I'm hoping this is taken care of quickly one way or the other. I think if the rumor is true he should be fired with cause. If it's not and it's just him being a hardass he should stay and I just hope he changes how he relates to people.

2 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

All we've heard for months is that CBH is a hard ass and he's changing the culture and it is a positive because we need tougher players, etc.   Now he's too much of a hard ass and we need the warmth and feel of a Family for the players?

What the heck do people want? 

You can do/be both. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

One of the most caring individuals I had at Auburn. Sister in law with Garner as well 

Just what I said. And I agree coach ciampi is a great man

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Why are we still making Coach Dye comparisons??? What’s the value in that?

I'll take a wild as guess and say it's because he was the last coach that Auburn had that won with any consistency...

I am a huge Derrick Hall fan after seeing him at several bb games and talking to him, he seems truly to embody the Auburn spirit, so I will do as he asks and not over react until the facts come in or are presented as such.  As much as I am a fan of Derrick however, the one post that intrigues me the most is the one from Moultry,  a player that had to earn his way back and was disciplined by Coach Harsin and the NCAA , yet gave credit for  his redemption and success to him.  If Coach Harsin is giving tough love to change attitudes or behaviors that were previously let go or detrimental to the team, then I got no problem with it as long as the result is to build up the character and discipline in these young men to make them successful on and off the field.   Now if any of the allegations are true on the other matter, he should be let go immediately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I compare the statements between Hunter/Monday to Shenker/Hall it tells 2 different stories. Even Kobe Hudson said Harsin would be the next Nick Saban if he learned how to talk to people. I'm not taking Harsin's side, but so far all the "evidence" is he's an a**hole. 

The ones who left sound soft as Charmin.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Had to the way you responded. But cool you rolled your eyes. Carry on

You must think you carry more weight then you do bro. I just called you out because you said both sides need to be said and you been posting one side all morning so..... How else was I gonna say it? 🤷 You cant say it needs to be one way then still only saying one way that's not how it works.

However I'm not gonna get in an argument with you because we all know that's like arguing with a brick wall so....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

forget these 20 guys focus on these 7 guys......(who were all starters btw)

Starters?? I didn’t know that Lee Hunter, Ian Mathews, joko and the like were starters.   For what team?  Are you talking about possibly starting next year?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1