Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

42 minutes ago, AURandy1345162767 said:

My fear is regardless of what the outcome is....  What if Harsin is cleared, but decides to say "**** you, Auburn," and packs his bags and leaves on his own? 

This should not be one of your fears, that would be a dream come true under the circumstances. 

• Like 3

What is scary about this article if it is true is they said they put in a new Policy making it easier to fire him for cause. He signed his contract under old Policy. If he is clean under old Policy and they fire him under new Policy it will really hit the fan. He would then probably get the 18 Million plus damages.  So if they do fire him with cause they better have a really strong case if they don't pay him.

That would also make any coach thinking about coming to Auburn a real reason to not come as they would be afraid of the same treatment. If you don't want him fire him and pay him the 18 million.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

I'd pay good money for an alarm on this page that will go off when it happens. I'm tired of refreshing to the same old speculations.

• Like 6

It looks to me like this saga with Harsin could drag on longer. After watching Locked on Auburn this morning, it seems like AU is investigating it thoroughly and more work has to be done! 

With the statement AU put out about employees having to cooperate with the investigation or face termination implies someone is not willing to give it up! This is not for Harsin but probably for one of the loyal coaches he brought from Boise!

Letting this drag out tells me AU is looking for cause and not willing to pay the buyout!

We all have our opinions. Mine is I want Harsin out of town by sunset or I hope Clint Eastwood fires the winning shot in this stand-off. Harsin would have destroyed our football program for years to come! Maybe the rich boosters saved Auburn this time!!!

Edited by TucsonTiger
  • Like 7

One certainty in all of this is Allen Greene needs to be working somewhere else. And I hope our new President has the ability to take a firmer hand in athletics, because it's clear that there was either poor vetting done with this hire, those making the hire were extremely foolish or didn't understand who they were hiring to begin with. We're really close to being the Vanderbilt of the west right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Several thoughts:

Although terribly unhappy with Harsin's results so far, I supported him until very recently.

IMO Harsin's top recruiting priority was recruiting and signing 4-6 offensive linemen.  He as failed miserably in this area.

It appears that Harsin had issues at Arky State and likely would have been fired had he not been hired at Boise State, and he left Boise State with a team that was depleted of/severely lacking in talent.  If this is the case, then someone (the A.D.?) failed miserably in performing the usual due diligence, and should be fired. 

If Harsin is finished, then why is he being allowed to attend the SEC Coaches Meeting today when it serves no purpose and is therefore not in the best interest of the university?

It appears that this CF is getting worse by the day!

• Like 5

I see 24-48 hours and all I can do is laugh because of what @DAG said a while back about "all I've heard is 24-48 hours for days now" lol. Paraphrasing of course 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wcware said:

Auburn’s planes are in South Carolina and Maryland. Do with that info what you want. 

If anyone still isn't having fun with this, you now have explicit permission. 

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

If Harsin is finished, then why is he being allowed to attend the SEC Coaches Meeting today when it serves no purpose and is therefore not in the best interest of the university?

conspiracy theory

He went to the coaches meeting but was asked to stay in Auburn and meet with the board. 

He has now broken the new rule and can be fired with cause.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If anyone still isn't having fun with this, you now have explicit permission. 

Right. The conversation has gotten dull. Planes are cool.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I see 24-48 hours and all I can do is laugh because of what @DAG said a while back about "all I've heard is 24-48 hours for days now" lol. Paraphrasing of course 

you think people would add adjectives versus times by now. Change will be "imminent."

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Several thoughts:

Although terribly unhappy with Harsin's results so far, I supported him until very recently.

IMO Harsin's top recruiting priority was recruiting and signing 4-6 offensive linemen.  He as failed miserably in this area.

It appears that Harsin had issues at Arky State and likely would have been fired had he not been hired at Boise State, and he left Boise State with a team that was depleted of/severely lacking in talent.  If this is the case, then someone (the A.D.?) failed miserably in performing the usual due diligence, and should be fired. 

I read those articles this morning about Arkansas State and Boise's depleted roster/coaching turnover.  Truly stunning that we made this hire given all the signs that were out there with just a little bit of digging.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

you think people would add adjectives versus times by now. Change will be "imminent."

When you're wrong, you just say "it's a fluid situation."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cbo said:

When you're wrong, you just say "it's a fluid situation."

Things are very "dynamic" in the sports world. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Hope you’re right. God help us if Freeze is just using us to get a contract extension.

The time frame is fluid.  Whatever today is, it is done, announced in 24-48 hours & soon.

It's a rolling time period

12 minutes ago, wcware said:

Auburn’s planes are in South Carolina and Maryland. Do with that info what you want. 

Humm ... four hour drive to Lynchburg... they should have landed in

Richmond 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The time frame is fluid.  Whatever today is, it is done, announced in 24-48 hours & soon.

It's a rolling time period

Timing for the announcement could be very interesting. With College Gameday at Auburn for the TAMU game on Saturday, the Super Bowl on Sunday... different ways to look at it.

Justin Hokanson from Auburn Live said he talked to some people in the Boise athletic program and they are not surprised at what is happening at AU. Things were becoming unglued there also!

• Like 2