Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, selias said:

Mullen? Please tell me you're joking

I am not getting that one either.  Prior to his stint at Florida, it might have made sense.  However, given that recruiting is something that needs to be picked up, Mullen is obviously the wrong answer for that.

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I would say to that money talks. I think Freeze would take on the challenge. Some might not believe in redemption but I do. Unpopular opinion would be Dan Mullen who might be interested.

I just don't believe any decent coach would come here with all of the stipulations regardless of $. Kirby Smart back in 2013 is a great example. I mean don't get me wrong, IF BH is gone, I hope we pull in a big dog coach like bball did with Pearl. Just too many higher up's have pull. imo

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

I would say to that money talks. I think Freeze would take on the challenge. Some might not believe in redemption but I do. Unpopular opinion would be Dan Mullen who might be interested.

IMO Freeze would normally be a pretty good choice, but I'm really questioning how that might be accepted from a PR perspective in regard to some of the current rumors.  I'm on the fence with him.  No way would I support Dan Mullen!  He was enormously unsuccessful at Florida and didn't recruit worth a flip in a talent rich state!

Edited by gctiger
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Time to listen to insider Cole again because he's been telling the board this from day one.

Two ways to lose a team, don't play your best players and not showing you love and care for your players. You see I don't care who you are you aren't going to be successful if you don't embrace African American culture. You don't have to agree with everything but you are going to have to care. Period.

Lastly, I told you, if you want to know the TRUTH. Just watch the players. They'll always lead you to the truth.

I think this is the most important part. 

Bruce Pearl has alluded to this many times as well, so has Saban and Calipari. Their players KNOW that Bruce, Saban, and Calipari and whoever else, will run through walls for them. You can cuss them, call them out, be a hard-ass, but you have to have the relationships with your players to be able to do that. Actions mean more than words, Saban’s National Championship post game press conference was a good example of this imo. 

Be an a**hole and win, then you’re in the realm of Urban Meyer. 

Be an a**hole and lose, you’re charting in Jeremy Pruitt waters. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Going to be hilarious when we bring in a Steele or Muschamp, who are going to be just as big of a-holes as Harsin supposedly is. Gus is the only coach that seemed to have the no cursing, players coach style 

Obviously that didn't apply to Rodney Garner😅

1 minute ago, woodford said:

He doesn’t. It’s the easiest excuse imaginable that doesn’t require any explanation. 

Says mr anything race related I hate 😂

Objectively speaking, Harsin hasn’t impressed.   Quite the opposite.  Plenty of very talented players are leaving, important staff turnover, losing record, lost five in a row, gave up 42 unanswered to state, in our house. Mediocre recruiting. No name recognition. Players who love Auburn, leaving with a bad taste in their mouth and pointing the finger at his behavior. Objectively speaking, why should we keep this guy? Throw a ton of money or a disgruntled NFL coach. Think about it.   Everybody was willing to give him a shot but he hasn’t done anything to warrant any kind of perverse loyalty from us fans. And IF he HAS been sleeping with a subordinate, tar and feather his ass and run him out of town. Good riddance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Nope...just throw a childish jab at someone asking.

Lol you facepalm my posts then come ask me questions and call me childish? Here we go with the silly behaviour

Just now, cole256 said:

Says mr anything race related I hate 😂

Maybe people wouldn't have those feelings if you were better at having conversations instead of being a SA when they ask a legit question to try to understand why you feel that way....but nah. That couldn't be it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Going to be hilarious when we bring in a Steele or Muschamp, who are going to be just as big of a-holes as Harsin supposedly is. Gus is the only coach that seemed to have the no cursing, players coach style 

That's not what this is about, IMO. The evidence is in that Harsin is a jerk. The players are telling us. You don't see this with Steele or Muschamp or 99% of other coaches, who of course yell and are hardasses. There has to be a reason.

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

We’d go from a laughing stock to eternal meme. It’d be unreal, but honestly we’re so far crapped at this point I’m not sure we have that much further to fall. 

I don't care what others think.  Auburn's reputation isn't near as spotless as the fans think, earned or not. 

At this point in time, I'd settle for 'competent to field an SEC-level football team'.  

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Lol you facepalm my posts then come ask me questions and call me childish? Here we go with the silly behaviour

I wasn't aware that a facepalm is silly behaviour. I don't just face palm and not contribute to the conversaiton, but I will react to post however I feel the need. Furthermore, you didn't get a reaction from me until after you made your SA comment.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No I'm not going to argue with people about race stuff that doesn't believe race stuff. 

You can go with the players leaving coincidentally and them constantly talking about the way they are treated is an overall plot of them all getting together and lying.

And I don't see anybody else on here having to name their source. When you go demand it from someone else you can then come back to me

Just as I suspected.  Only accusations with no supporting facts

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Curious as to what evidence you had from day one or what leads you to believe that CBH doesn't embrace African American Culture?

Thank you. Blatantly making accusations and starting rumours without backing it with evidence. Our fans can be the absolute worst. Pulled the race card too. Smh. Add it to this list of baseless claims. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Maybe people wouldn't have those feelings if you were better at having conversations instead of being a SA when they ask a legit question to try to understand why you feel that way....but nah. That couldn't be it.

This guy has been trolling me for a year and is a total clown but for the sake of your feelings of course you'd hitch a wagon and speak out for him as if you know ANYTHING about his history or interactions with me. 

Please just stop talking to me. I choose to not argue with guys I've had several arguments with that literallyargues EVERYTHING isn't racist. That's what I've been told to do by mods. If that's a problem take it to them. But miss me with the posse up antics. That guy is a clown idgaf what you have to say about him. You don't know the history

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

I was responding to the question of no one wanting the job. I was just saying unpopular but he might take the job to redeem himself. My wish list is still Freeze or Aranda for now.

You mean the same Dan Mullin that was just fired from FL and who also accused Auburn of paying Cam Newton to come here over MSU?  

THAT Dan Mullin?

No thanks.  I don’t think Auburn is that desperate and we are pretty desperate right now. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

I think this is the most important part. 

Bruce Pearl has alluded to this many times as well, so has Saban and Calipari. Their players KNOW that Bruce, Saban, and Calipari and whoever else, will run through walls for them. You can cuss them, call them out, be a hard-ass, but you have to have the relationships with your players to be able to do that. Actions mean more than words, Saban’s National Championship post game press conference was a good example of this imo. 

Be an a**hole and win, then you’re in the realm of Urban Meyer. 

Be an a**hole and lose, you’re charting in Jeremy Pruitt waters. 

I agree this has more to do with it than race. I don't have a problem with Harsin's approach and vision b/c i do think as a program Auburn had become soft. However, Harsin needs to learn balance. There's a way to do it his way but at the same time he's going to have to swallow his pride or alter his vision a little. He has zero SEC ties and was already a questionable hire. Add on to that, the meltdowns during the season in winnable games. 

He's just going to have to pucker up to some players (probably like he did to keep Tank) and understand until he can build and recruit to a high level that he's going to have to be more personable with players. 

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Just get Luke Fickell. Please. 

I could most definitely get behind that. Unfortunately I do not believe that is in the cards for us. I think we are legit looking at Steele, Muschamp, Lashlee type of hire. 

Guarantee we already have staff lined up.   Or the PTB are far stupider that we imagine.  This is RUNNING SOMEONE OUT OF TOWN.  Didn’t we line up a moving service for little Bowden the SAME day we fired him?  Lol.   

Edited by MaitlandTiger
Misspell

5 minutes ago, gctiger said:

IMO Freeze would normally be a pretty good choice, but I'm really questioning how that might be accepted from a PR perspective in regard to some of the current rumors.  I'm on the fence with him.  No way would I support Dan Mullen!  He was enormously unsuccessful at Florida and didn't recruit worth a flip!

I say Auburn becomes Second Chance U. and extend the olive branch and take a chance just like we did with CBP.  I'm not sure its possible for AU's rep to look any worse than it has since forever so why not just go with it and pick someone that would get the fans and recruits excited to come and play here.