Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wasn't aware that a facepalm is silly behaviour. I don't just face palm and not contribute to the conversaiton, but I will react to post however I feel the need. Furthermore, you didn't get a reaction from me until after you made your SA comment.

That's an absolute lie. You facepalmed my post about being screwed then you want to come talk and make pretend kumbaya......nah I don't want to fight with you

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

No I'm not going to argue with people about race stuff that doesn't believe race stuff. 

You can go with the players leaving coincidentally and them constantly talking about the way they are treated is an overall plot of them all getting together and lying.

And I don't see anybody else on here having to name their source. When you go demand it from someone else you can then come back to me

Not to put race into, but you do know that the team is made up of probably 74% African American ?  It would only be natural that most leaving would be African American.    I think it’s more to do with the mindset of this generation.   I see it in the recruitment of people at my job.   People show up not dressed appropriately.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No I'm not going to argue with people about race stuff that doesn't believe race stuff. 

You can go with the players leaving coincidentally and them constantly talking about the way they are treated is an overall plot of them all getting together and lying.

And I don't see anybody else on here having to name their source. When you go demand it from someone else you can then come back to me

I believe race stuff.

But I'm still curious as to if you have specific evidence of the departures being related to racial issues or not embracing AA culture.  Because while I can envision that being the case, I can also see players leaving for a host of other reasons that have little or nothing to do with such things.  It's fine if that's just your opinion, but I'm just wanting to know if it's more than that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, au302 said:

We're going to fire a guy for cause for an alleged sex scandal and then bring in Hugh Freeze? Lol

Are both situations the same or being put under the same characterization. This is assuming that the alleged allegation against CBH are factual.

Edited by e808
Typo

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's a problem you'll have & there's no winning.  Ppl you're responding to think Brian Flores is looking for a handout & blatant evidence of the contrary.  I mean, there are damn text messages.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Taco said:

I think this is the most important part. 

Bruce Pearl has alluded to this many times as well, so has Saban and Calipari. Their players KNOW that Bruce, Saban, and Calipari and whoever else, will run through walls for them. You can cuss them, call them out, be a hard-ass, but you have to have the relationships with your players to be able to do that. Actions mean more than words, Saban’s National Championship post game press conference was a good example of this imo. 

Be an a**hole and win, then you’re in the realm of Urban Meyer. 

Be an a**hole and lose, you’re charting in Jeremy Pruitt waters. 

What you say is true but I think it shows even more. Clearly guys can be coached hard and stuff still to this day. But there's still a respect line. People can say what they want about saban but when it's time to stand with his players he's right there with them. That's important. And he reaps the rewards from that

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I could most definitely get behind that. Unfortunately I do not believe that is in the cards for us. I think we are legit looking at Steele, Muschamp, Lashlee type of hire. 

It’s unfortunate. I think he’s a wonderful candidate and would fit in perfect in Auburn. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

This guy has been trolling me for a year and is a total clown but for the sake of your feelings of course you'd hitch a wagon and speak out for him as if you know ANYTHING about his history or interactions with me. 

Please just stop talking to me. I choose to not argue with guys I've had several arguments with that literallyargues EVERYTHING isn't racist. That's what I've been told to do by mods. If that's a problem take it to them. But miss me with the posse up antics. That guy is a clown idgaf what you have to say about him. You don't know the history

He don't have nothing to do with the conversation you and I were having. I could care less about the history. You chose to act the way you did to me before he said a word and I responded before he said a word. So don't give me that hitch a wagon BS. If you don't want to discourse, do not respond. I don't hold grudges on here and regardless of previous conversations I am open to talk with anyone. You don't want to then don't reply back or ignore me. 

3 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I say Auburn becomes Second Chance U. and extend the olive branch and take a chance just like we did with CBP.  I'm not sure its possible for AU's rep to look any worse than it has since forever so why not just go with it and pick someone that would get the fans and recruits excited to come and play here.

Except Bruce had a BBQ at his house, and Freeze hired hookers.  There’s a big, big difference there. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I believe race stuff.

But I'm still curious as to if you have specific evidence of the departures being related to racial issues or not embracing AA culture.  Because while I can envision that being the case, I can also see players leaving for a host of other reasons that have little or nothing to do with such things.  It's fine if that's just your opinion, but I'm just wanting to know if it's more than that.

Thank you! That is all I was asking as well.

9 minutes ago, woodford said:

Just get Luke Fickell. Please. 

I’m a member of the same CC as him. He’s not leaving Cincinnati. 

Most of those players that left and threw shade came to Auburn to be coached by a sweet gentle grandpa, but instead got a drill sergeant. Sounds like they just don't receive criticism well. The hard-ass mentality doesn't work on everyone. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I believe race stuff.

How on earth did race enter into this? I thought this was about Harsin losing his job?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I believe race stuff.

I have two more guys that's on the team that I communicate with. I can't say it's fact or physical evidence, but it's a direct line to the team and I don't see why anybody would lie to me as it's not like I have any authority.

Also to when the stuff happened with Coach corn I pointed out how it's being said and putting a strain on relationships of using him as a fall guy. I also pointed out how other teams were starting to negative recruit us in the way that was handled and how a perception was beginning to brew. 

If you ask any of the insiders in the know they can validate how that is used to negative recruit us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's an absolute lie. You facepalmed my post about being screwed then you want to come talk and make pretend kumbaya......nah I don't want to fight with you

2 things here. I was referring to the facepalm I gave you on your response to me when I asked you about the African American Culture....The facepalm I gave you for the Lee Hunter Post was because he been gone for weeks. I didn't realize you were that sensitive that if someone face palms you that all civil discourse goes out the window. Noted.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Time to listen to insider Cole again because he's been telling the board this from day one.

Two ways to lose a team, don't play your best players and not showing you love and care for your players. You see I don't care who you are you aren't going to be successful if you don't embrace African American culture. You don't have to agree with everything but you are going to have to care. Period.

Lastly, I told you, if you want to know the TRUTH. Just watch the players. They'll always lead you to the truth.

Not one lie told. I knew what time it was when I saw Kobe Hudson tweet that he is from the South and Harsin does not understand him. I kind of read between the lines with the Mason departure as well. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

Most of those players that left and threw shade came to Auburn to be coached by a sweet gentle grandpa, but instead got a drill sergeant. Sounds like they just don't receive criticism well. The hard-ass mentality doesn't work on everyone. 

That’s not totally true at least not on the defensive side of the ball. I believe Cowart left because he couldn’t handle what Gardner was dishing out.

1 minute ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

I don't think it's always that simple.  Like someone said above, you can coach kids hard, dog cuss 'em, yell at them and work their ass to the bone like Pearl, Saban and others do.  But they'll only accept it if they believe you care about them as people - that you have their best interests at heart.  That you want to see them succeed and have the best shot at their dreams.  Absent that, you're just an a**hole.

• Like 6